Sponsored by:

No Front License Plate Citation!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 03:03 PM
2thdoc
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
So, I went to court yesterday for my no front plate ticket. Prosecutor declined to prosecute.
Congrats!
Curious, what were you going to say if they asked why you didn't have the front plate on?
When I got the ticket I told the cop that I had just bought the car a few weeks ago and it didn't come with a front plate on. She didn't care.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:40 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Just purchased the car from another state
Bumper was freshly repainted
Bracket fell off...

It's not about the cop, it's about the prosecutor and the judge when you're in the court room. NY cops don't show up at trials anymore. So you need to convince people who have never seen you or your car before of your innocence. That, in my view is easier. You can also be proactive by including printed pictures of the front plate on the bumper (I usually just tape it) and during deliberations you can state that you took the offense seriously and had your mechanic fabricate a mount right away (of some other plausible excuse).

How does that sound?
Old 10-04-2013, 09:35 PM
2thdoc
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
Just purchased the car from another state
Bumper was freshly repainted
Bracket fell off...

It's not about the cop, it's about the prosecutor and the judge when you're in the court room. NY cops don't show up at trials anymore. So you need to convince people who have never seen you or your car before of your innocence. That, in my view is easier. You can also be proactive by including printed pictures of the front plate on the bumper (I usually just tape it) and during deliberations you can state that you took the offense seriously and had your mechanic fabricate a mount right away (of some other plausible excuse).

How does that sound?
Wow, you got it figured out! I take it you have a little experience going to court to fight tickets!

I think I'll just put the plate on and leave it. Maybe remove it for an occasional photo or car meet.

BTW, I really like the color of your car! That orange is awesome!
Old 10-05-2013, 09:06 AM
therock88
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2thdoc
Interesting... Seems like a good idea.
Let us know how it works out.
These look/work great................EXCEPT..........If you have them in the down position and get some good speed.....Well...They fold down and become mangled and drag the ground! Ask me how I know

Was thinking of getting another one and fashioning a brace of some sort to make it stronger..

Time to full up position is about 6-7 seconds......And you can control it with a remote key fob device. I mounted it under my driver seat..worked great.

Good luck!
DC

Quick Reply: No Front License Plate Citation!