Sponsored by:

X Pipe VS. Sports Exhaust (MUFFLER)

Old 07-28-2013, 05:08 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by phillipj
Speed,

What's with the personal shots at members here lately? You having a bad week? You are really becoming more rude and annoying than usual (which is really saying something.)

Everyone here (except you) treats each other with respect. Opinions are great . Personal insults are not.
__________ ^^^^^^^^ +1
Old 07-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

I agree with Phil 100% and should have said something sooner.

I do not appreciate this tone and the attitude. Just not necessary...it is so obvious and kindergarten style...
Old 07-28-2013, 05:37 PM
John D.
Banned

Thank you - and Phil...

When I dial into a thread - and post, there is typically a good reason. My thanks..

I expect to read posts like Speed's on another forum - but - NOT HERE.

Indeed - I have a very short attention span for poor tones and attitudes - tried to be passed off as "humor".

My Best Always,

John D.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:27 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

All of us try to be objective and pass on good knowledge from our experience. Yes we have our opinions but we that is what a discussion forum is for. To listen to others and make up our own minds.

99.9% of people here are great. I have learned a great deal here about my car.

Best to you as well John! And Igooz!
Old 07-28-2013, 06:56 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock

i think this is because of how quiet it was and the version 2 is made to be quiet.

their x pipe is supposed to be amazing, i had one on order before i sold my car...

everyone likes diff things, and turbo cars sound like crap w/ exhaust... i think the x pipe makes it throaty without making the explosive vomit sound at high boost.
I don't think it was quiet... I think it was annoying...

I agree with you, everybody have different taste but I'm sure nobody likes to lose money!

Get Europipe even if you don't like it you can get 90% of your money back because it has a lot of Demand
Old 07-29-2013, 09:47 AM
speed21
Banned

LOL!... is this the attack of the cyber nannies or something? As a suggestion there is such things as PM or even put a thread on the off topic and i'll answer whatever you like there. I've seen more personal attacks and snide remarks made at me and do you see me crying? Ridiculous. If you've got a problem take it off the open forums and put whatever it is you want on the table on the table. Glad to answer anyone. I've got nothing to hide.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:14 AM
John D.
Banned

Originally Posted by speed21
LOL!... ...Ridiculous. If you've got a problem take it off the open forums and put whatever it is you want on the table on the table. ....
As you requested - it's now on the table:

Either turn it down a notch - or find another forum.

John D.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Chris@Fabspeed
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can give my 2 cents to the OP.

The Mufflers, whether you choose V2 or V3, give a more pronounced, but stock type sound. Gurgle-ly, snarly.

The Supersport X-Pipe gives a more refined sound, due to the talk window in the X - the cylinder banks are connected and you are hearing more than 3 cylinders coming out of each tail pipe.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:44 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 307 Likes on 213 Posts

Our customers overwhelmingly prefer the X-Pipe style to twin can versions, in fact we hardly sell any twin can systems any longer due to this....I have also used both styles personally and I can tell you from my personal experience and opinion, the sound quality of the 997TT X-Pipe is far superior. It's tough to make the Porsche turbos sound good compared to other high performance cars and our X-Pipe systems succeeds at achieving an extremely desirable sound for these cars...so in short, if I were in your shoes, I would choose an X-Pipe for sure.
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook

Old 07-30-2013, 07:19 AM
MIAMI997
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Chris@Fabspeed
I can give my 2 cents to the OP.

The Mufflers, whether you choose V2 or V3, give a more pronounced, but stock type sound. Gurgle-ly, snarly.

The Supersport X-Pipe gives a more refined sound, due to the talk window in the X - the cylinder banks are connected and you are hearing more than 3 cylinders coming out of each tail pipe.
Chris,

I placed my order yesterday with David.
I noticed you guys offer 4 different versions of the test pipe is that correct?
Old 07-30-2013, 07:21 AM
MIAMI997
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Leo997TT
I don't think it was quiet... I think it was annoying...

I agree with you, everybody have different taste but I'm sure nobody likes to lose money!

Get Europipe even if you don't like it you can get 90% of your money back because it has a lot of Demand
Leo,

I hear you on that. I saw the pics of the exhaust, super nice stuff!

Since I already have Fabspeed headers and cat delete I wanted to stay with the same company as far as the exhaust portion of the car goes.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:53 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by MIAMI997

Leo,

I hear you on that. I saw the pics of the exhaust, super nice stuff!

Since I already have Fabspeed headers and cat delete I wanted to stay with the same company as far as the exhaust portion of the car goes.
No my place to say it but stock headers are the best option for the 997TT if you don't have any BIG modifications 700hp +

The stock headers are partly double walled so the air inside the header tubes remains very hot. Hot air = big volume = high air speed = faster spinning turbocharger = good. Aftermarket headers are never double walled but they have a better flowing 3 into 1 collector. So with aftermarket headers you'll lose a little and you'll gain a little at the same time. I'm sure they can be better on very high hp engines but for us "normal guys" I'd stick with the stock ones
Old 07-31-2013, 03:06 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Actually the fvd ones are also double walled (true dbbl wall), made by MM, the company that does the Porsche motorsports exhausts. The factory headers are plenty good for almost all street applications, as Leo mentioned.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:27 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a friend who ported his stock manifolds with good results. He did it himself! But he modded many many things besides the headers. So his thinking was trying to squeeze a little hp form just about everywhere...

For us mortals I agree... The stock is the best..
Old 07-31-2013, 11:04 PM
LT1
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Can anyone chime in that owns the fabspeed x pipe? How does it sound? Any drone? I like loud and would opt for the europipe 2, but it only comes with modified stock tips and I can't stand the look of stock tips. I may have to settle for EP1, with fabspeed tips but I fear it's too quiet

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: X Pipe VS. Sports Exhaust (MUFFLER)