Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Music to my ears- new Europipe EP1 install

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 04:39 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 448 Likes on 290 Posts

Ah, that's your video, drvik??? I've been wondering ever since I saw it...... how do you just happen to have a buddy with the identical car, sans the exhaust upgrade??? Very nice video, I enjoyed it.

Oh, I nearly forgot, what's with the "AMNESIA" plate??
Old 07-15-2013, 10:37 AM
nuclearfishin
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

For those of you with the EP1, did you get your ECU reprogrammed after the new exhaust? I'm considering either the ep1 or a Switzer exhaust and am curious as to the performance gains after tuning with either of these exhausts. If you did go with an ECU tune, who did you go with? Thanks!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:40 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nuclearfishin
For those of you with the EP1, did you get your ECU reprogrammed after the new exhaust? I'm considering either the ep1 or a Switzer exhaust and am curious as to the performance gains after tuning with either of these exhausts. If you did go with an ECU tune, who did you go with? Thanks!
Firstly i'd be very wary of anyone offering an exhaust system along with with a tune at the same time because you will never really know what the exhaust has actually delivered or taken away. Many seem to offer the two at the same time so the tune disguises the real misgivings of the system. If you put on an ep1 you may not even bother with a tune as has been the case for a few members i know. I recall when i did my ep1 and the car was in stock tune it felt so much better had i not already ordered and paid for a tune i may not have bothered. Actually after i received my file it was a couple of months afterward that i installed it and found the downside to that was the clutch wouldn't hold the power anyway. In hindsight i would have done exhaust, clutch then tune in that order.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Cbwell
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't do a tune with my EP and don't plan on it at this point in time.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:08 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Cbwell
I didn't do a tune with my EP and don't plan on it at this point in time.
....well the car has plenty of power stock and the EP really does such a great job of removing lag and livening the engine right throughout the entire rev range it's easy to accept the stock file. I must admit though that once you have the car in a proper state to contain the additional power of a tune it is even more fun again.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:45 PM
Cbwell
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My goal is to not drive one with a tune, or ride with anybody that has one, because then my whole plan will probably be out the window and I'll be shopping for one.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:57 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Agree, a tune is gravy, just get a good free flowing exhaust to suit your individual tastes. Keep in mind, a tune may void your Cpo warranty, an exhaust typically wont in the US bc of the MM Act.

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 07-16-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:29 PM
Superman32
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting my europipe installed today. Going to pick the car after work. I am also thinking get a APR turn for quite a while. But I believe that turn will reduce engine life as I plan to keep my car for a long time.

But APR offers 30 days money back and my car is a tip it might handle additional power better. I really don't know should I get a ECU turn or not.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:44 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

If the car is under cpo, I probably wouldn't. Welcome to the slippery slope.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:07 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Originally Posted by Cuda911
Ah, that's your video, drvik??? I've been wondering ever since I saw it...... how do you just happen to have a buddy with the identical car, sans the exhaust upgrade??? Very nice video, I enjoyed it.

Oh, I nearly forgot, what's with the "AMNESIA" plate??
How about a pic of that hemi cuda?
Old 07-17-2013, 12:04 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 448 Likes on 290 Posts

How about a pic of that hemi cuda?
I made a list of all my vehicles and their fates (whether or not I still had them, what happened to them, etc.), but there is a character number limit for the signature. But, there is no character counter. So, after trimming the list over and over, and still exceeding the limit, I finally just listed a few vehicles of interest. Unfortunately, the Cuda met with a very bad fate. Wheels ended on the top side, roof on the bottom side. I guess that's why they are so expensive now, so many met similar fates. I still miss that car....
Old 07-17-2013, 12:35 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

I hear ya!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:56 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Superman32
I am getting my europipe installed today. Going to pick the car after work. I am also thinking get a APR turn for quite a while. But I believe that turn will reduce engine life as I plan to keep my car for a long time.

But APR offers 30 days money back and my car is a tip it might handle additional power better. I really don't know should I get a ECU turn or not.
The APR is actually a very good tune. Just ask the greek guys skand and costa who swear by it and they've used pretty much everything. It's the best tune if you never plan doing turbos etc. I/cs are ok to do as is exhaust but with EP1 you've got that based covered nicely anyway, btw congrats on that. Maybe drive it first with the EP1 and then decide if you even need a tune.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:05 PM
lic265
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Agree, a tune is gravy, just get a good free flowing exhaust to suit your individual tastes. Keep in mind, a tune may void your Cpo warranty, an exhaust typically wont in the US bc of the MM Act.
Has anyone had an issue with an aftermarket exhaust and warranty issues? Mine is covered by Fidelity, they have been fine to deal with.
Really itching for a EP1
Old 07-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

^You should be OK as so many of us have changed exhaust systems while under warranty...as long as you don't remove the Cat(s) you should be OK...Having said, it never hurts to talk to your SA at the dealer and let him know your plans.

Quick Reply: Music to my ears- new Europipe EP1 install