Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yep. and the truth about intakes too...
Oh well.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:21 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow is right, awe has always made a great product.
If I was the customer, I'd be pissed, of all the systems I've been involved with, none has ever failed like that thing.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:36 PM
ScorpionT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the longest time Ive tried to get people to understand a true X pipe is NOT good for turbo applcations. For sound management, a pair of U pipes should lightly merged but nothing close to an X.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:04 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow.. Love to see people shedding light on all the crap that is out there. I doesn't take a genius to know that the "cold intake' is an oxymoron...
Old 05-30-2013, 06:26 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by phillipj
Wow.. Love to see people shedding light on all the crap that is out there. I doesn't take a genius to know that the "cold intake' is an oxymoron...
i find it kinda pointless however, with FI the air you suck in gets compressed and heats up and then cooled by intercooler..

so do you guys feel that 90* air thats compressed and intercooled gets "that much" cooler than say 130* air thats compressed and intercooled?

obviously we can feel the difference when it's below 50F and the intercoolers are colder, but how much of a difference is there in a hot summers day.. i always get heak soak regardless of intake setup or IC setup.. it's just only so much u can do.

i feel that my FabSpeed "intake" (i wont use the word cold air).. just has better flow versus stock and that's why i use it... versus the "cold air" aspect of it...
Old 05-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

ScorpionT has NAILED it with his statement.. A merge system where two 180 degree turned pipes KISS in the middle with a very small aperature is KEY.. The aperature changes with engine mods (ie displacement increases) and boost levels..
Old 05-30-2013, 11:03 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
ScorpionT has NAILED it with his statement.. A merge system where two 180 degree turned pipes KISS in the middle with a very small aperature is KEY.. The aperature changes with engine mods (ie displacement increases) and boost levels..
what are your thoughts on this below for a 3.6 with 700hp?

i personally feel thats just to help even flow.. and not a true "x" like some are cut.. where its 4 pipes cut welded... i can see where that can inhibit flow.. but 2 U bends merged at the end... i feel help regardless of the situation.

fwiw, ive never been one to "need every ounce of hp"... people in the car and fuel variation and outside temps cause so much HP variance that you can never be too **** about it..... always gonna have something against you.

Last edited by rijowysock; 05-30-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:35 PM
Nomak
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We tried Proto crossed X-Pipe unlike 911 tuning and others.

- The World fastest tip 997tt ( bone stock engine ) rans 9.9sec in 1/4 mile ran proto x-pipe in uae
- Another proto gt30 997 gt2 made 800rwhp/770rwtq on mustang dyno in Dubai hot and humidity weather. Stock gt2 made 430rwhp in same day same dyno.
- All our streets cars from modded vgts to alpha to GT rans flawless

NO BS here. All videos in youtube
Old 05-31-2013, 12:47 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 158 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
What about this one Kevin
Attached Images  
Old 05-31-2013, 11:07 AM
Chris@Fabspeed
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ScorpionT
For the longest time Ive tried to get people to understand a true X pipe is NOT good for turbo applcations. For sound management, a pair of U pipes should lightly merged but nothing close to an X.
This is exactly why Fabspeed's X pipes are all cast, and not fabricated. When you cut up 2 U-bends to make an "x" pipe, you end up with a huge window in the center and all this does is increase backpressure.

When you make a X pipe the way Fabspeed does (with a casting), we have exact control over the window opening, and, you can bet we dyno tested different windows. We actually have multiple X's with different windows for different applications.

I want to post this so that our X-pipes are not judged based on the poor performance of other's.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:43 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

I loved the AMS Video showing bull**** Dyno results. For many years I have had to tolerate local shops with Mustang Dynos telling customers other companies exhaust and ECU systems lose power other than theirs.

X pipes work great if properly developed for virtually any normally aspirated and or Turbocharged cars. The bend radius of the X pipe and the center window are the science and engineering for creating and super high flow X pipe.

I laugh as companies and fabricators all over the world make so called X pipes and these X pipes are usually terrible 100% of the time and the X pipes should be called "H pipes" or "T pipes" for that matter.

The typical mandrel bent tube is 2 CR and or 2 times the centerline Radius. These somewhat wide radius U bends are therefore too great in diameter to fit under a car and the fabricator cuts and cheats the U bends to make them tighter. By using the wrong U bends and technique you get X pipes that are in reality H pipes at best with multiple welds.

I have been to the ROLEX 24 at Daytona and many tracks events and the worst X pipes I have seen Magnaflo stamped H pipes "slapped on cars" quick and easy. These cars are way down on power just like the poorly made cheated X pipes. Often shops that fabricate these X or H pipes DYNO the car and say that "all X pipes do not work" as they have designed the wrong X.

Fabspeed Motorsports USA has a Unison Limited all electric CNC mandrel bender and Fabspeed can and does routinely bend 1 D/ 1CR up to 3.0" tubing. No other company in North America has this capability. When Fabspeed makes 2 quantity 180 degree 1D U bends and make the correct size center window it works very well for torque, horsepower, and fantastic sports car sound.

Despite the $600,000 Defense quality all electric bender and mandrel bending tooling Fabspeed Motorsports went even further and we designed in Solidworks and ran flow simulations and 3D printed in house variuos X pipes. Fabspeed then tested these X pipes and after a $35,000 in investment casting tooling we have Fabspeed Motorsports stainless steel X pipes precision cast for our exhaust systems. NO other USA and or European company does any of these processed other than Akrapovic and Fabspeed.

Over and Under pipes for 993, 996, 997 and Turbos make the cars sound flat and boring.......over & under pipes make the car louder but just a BORING flat sound. The reason some companies are selling and touting over & under pipes are that they have NO engineering/testing/ development teams and over & under pipes are as SIMPLE and CHEAP as hell to manufacture. Brainless.

The X pipe is the answer for great sports car sound and power all across the RPM band as it ties each Right & Left 3 cylinder engine bank together on the FLAT sixes we all own and love. Separate over and under pipes keep the engine exhaust separate whereas all factory OEM Porsche 996TT, 997TT, 997.2TT and the new 991TT internally blend/mix both sides of the flat six engine from design inception.

RILEY- the picture you have posted is my Fabspeed Motorsport USA 70mm 2.75" stainless steel Twin Turbo exhaust system center section. As I mentioned I made the 1st X pipes for 996TT cars in the summer of 1999 and you have the most advance super high flow X pipe for 997TT/997.2TT/ GT2 cars. That's a investment cast stainless steel X that no other company offers. No welds inside or outside that Fabspeed X.

Enjoy and have a great weekend!

Here is a 2011 GT2RS with a Fabspeed Motorsports USA 70mm X pipe and NO catalytic converters.

Check this out: Air show with Fabspeed Motorsport USA: Exotic cars and various aircraft on a beautiful day>>>>

You boys will like this>>>

Wings Field Pennsylvania
Fabspeed Motorsports USA invited to Private air show: Executive jets, fractional ownership, time share, Vintage, experimental, and hot women.

Fabspeed brought a bunch of cars. Montana plates c/o John Bennett.

Porsche GT2 RS- Fabspeed headers +30HP over stock, 70mm 2.75” Super sport X pipe NO Catalytic converters, EVO MS tune PUMP Gas………car must be close to 750- 800HP absolutely retarded fast. I’ve never been scared of a fast car until this Damn thing>>

4000’ hard deck runway
Small light jet $3,000,000

DRAG RACE- high speed contest

- Pilot says from standing start car will destroy run away from Jet. No contest car wins hands down.

Pilot says- I will fly away and come back at 100 KNOTS………..car standing still…………FLAGMAN drops flag and we RACE!!!!!!!!!!

I say let’s try both ways. Pilot says I am late…………have to be somewhere…………… and have to go now……… 1 run only take it or leave it>>>

I was doing X pipes on Porsche 996TT cars back in 1999 on the 996TT cars...........that's 16 years ago
www.Fabspeed.com

P: 215-646-4945
F: 215-646-9828

Exotic Car Performance Experts
Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Audi and Jaguar.

31 year PCA Club member supporter
14 year Ferrari Club member
1st ever financial supporter of Porsche Fans/ Rennlist
Old 05-31-2013, 02:55 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks nice Joe, gotta see your new shop.
c
Old 05-31-2013, 11:10 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe@Fabspeed
Check this out: Air show with Fabspeed Motorsport USA: Exotic cars and various aircraft on a beautiful day>>>>

You boys will like this>>>
Btw both those youtubes don't work....says user removed content.. Any more?
Old 06-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

airport recently called us and request that we remove JET racing a GT2RS..........shame PC afraid to let it rip on You tube

Quick Reply: AMS Test.. AWE Exhaust vs 911tuning Exhaust