Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few questions from a potential future P-nut!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 11:23 AM
vpr80
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe a different way to think about it since this is for DD is that the PDK gives the ability to not shift if I am in traffic, tired, etc while the stick is all hand on all the time. I've owned both autos and stick in previous cars and I recall times when I had the stick that I swore never again for a daily driver. But if I am in the mood, the stick is great to have!
Old 05-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 517 Likes on 279 Posts

You are right on! How long is your DD commute?
If you go MT: 7TT does have plenty of low end torque so as long as traffic is moving you can stay in the same gear for extended period and not have to shift. The '7TT stock clutch is pretty light and easy to modulate.
If you go PDK: then you can think about the TTS and get that extra hp (530hp) and I am sure that is nice!
If you go Tip: then you can always stick in the "manual" mode and shift as you please...

It is all win+win+win! good luck
Old 05-23-2013, 12:53 PM
vpr80
Track Day

Well right now it's super short, but might not stay that way forever. It recently changed and went from 50 miles per day to just a few. I'll keep looking. Thanks
Old 05-23-2013, 01:22 PM
bluecrab
Advanced

my personal opinion on MT vs Auto/PDK..........

if you aren't 100 percent sure you want a manual, get the auto.

guys that are manual transmission enthusiasts, like myself, typically would never consider an auto if manual was a choice. hence one reason I never considered a GTR.

nothing wrong with auto or MT, but if you aren't sure, IMO the auto is the safer bet.

Quick Reply: Few questions from a potential future P-nut!