Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 997 TT

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 02:25 AM
Rob993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TT Surgeon, the Porsche dealer mtce manager had not even seen the car but said at six years they need to be replaced as a standard. have had a fair bit of performance cars so i get it and as you mention warped rotors especially with tracking happens but with low milage not track seems a bit if a way to build extra billable cost. if they really do need to be changed then i will work it out of the purchase price
TCSracing1, love to have a manual or PDK but not a lot of selection up north and anything decent is priced not far from what the USA would pay
Old 05-30-2013, 06:38 PM
mathys
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, sounds like another BS recommendation to change unnecessary all the brakes.
A guy I know wanted to extend the Porsche warranty here in Germany. Dealer told him, they would need to replace all disks and pads to do the extension. Guy got pissed, as the brakes were not even close to be needed to replaced. Also they aren't covered by warranty anyhow. So he called Stuttgart, complained and got his extension immediately.
So it seems to be on a to-do list at some dealers, before willing to extend warranty or give a positive ppi result...

Quick Reply: 2007 997 TT