Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

catless Europipe vs catless OEM Exhaust on 997.tt pdk results

Old 05-11-2013, 04:03 AM
Nomak
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default catless Europipe vs catless OEM Exhaust on 997.tt pdk results

We made before and after street test with another car ( modded Corvette ) from various rolling speed and guess what..No differance at all from catless oem exhaust. We all shocked

After few days we installed another aftermarket exhaust on another 997.2tt pdk. The tuner/builder claimed that he saw 30-35whp from his exhaust so we decide to test it against the other Europipe 997.2tt pdk. The europipe got beat by 6 cars length and still pulls hard on top.

Couple of things you need to know
- both cars have same tune
- rolling speed tests started from 40kmh, 60, 80 and 100kmh between both cars and results were same
- According to first car owner. He said he saw better performance going from cats oem exhaust vs catless oem exhaust.

That's why I don't believe on dyno or ****ty 60-130. There is plenty of of them on other forum with no REAL results.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:03 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure what you are trying to say here at all. How many cars lengths did the 997.t22 get beat with the stock system? What tune was being used?
Old 05-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 304 Likes on 210 Posts

I think that you have too many variables.. Why didn't you just run the EP in the same car down the track or get 60-130 times or other timing method. Then install the factory exhaust on the same car and run it on the same track. I have a 997.2TT exhaust the piping is smaller on the inlet and outlet vs the EP EVEN IF the cats were cut off.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Nomak
Advanced

Originally Posted by speed21
Not sure what you are trying to say here at all. How many cars lengths did the 997.t22 get beat with the stock system? What tune was being used?

Catless oem exhaust to catless EP....Racing his friend vette to compare before and after but he saw no gain at all

Catless EP 997.tt vs another aftermarket exhausted 997.2tt....EP car lost 6 cars length.

Races from 40, 60, 80 and 100kmh to 270-280kmh

Check you PM
Old 05-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Nomak
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kevin
I think that you have too many variables.. Why didn't you just run the EP in the same car down the track or get 60-130 times or other timing method. Then install the factory exhaust on the same car and run it on the same track. I have a 997.2TT exhaust the piping is smaller on the inlet and outlet vs the EP EVEN IF the cats were cut off.
Kev

Again..We don't believe on the ****ty 60-130. He raced his friend Vette and he saw no gain going from catless oem to catless EP
Old 05-11-2013, 05:30 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Ecu on the catless 997.2 tts is probably pulling timing.
Was he getting full boost?
Old 05-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Nomak
Advanced

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Ecu on the catless 997.2 tts is probably pulling timing.
Was he getting full boost?
Both cars has catless exhausts and rans about 18psi
Old 05-11-2013, 07:18 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 304 Likes on 210 Posts

You would need to get a datalogger on the car with the EP.. See how much timing is being retarded. One can view each cylinder for knock retard.

The stock 997.2TT exhaust is 65.2mm OD piping. The EP has 80mm. You mention that the cat cartridges were removed, was 80mm piping welded in place? Something just doesn't seem right. I would be emailing Stef at Europipe to see what he has to say.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:09 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomak
Kev

Again..We don't believe on the ****ty 60-130. He raced his friend Vette and he saw no gain going from catless oem to catless EP
No offense but that makes absolutely no sense. You want to compare the difference between two exhausts then you need to run a controlled experiment with all variables under similar conditions with the ONLY difference being the component you are testing. And finally you need a metric that is easy to measure and reproducable by which to measure said results

In what you have described you have multiple variables changing and your metric is based on a race vs a driver in another car which in and of itself introduces multiple changing variables.

While your conclusion may be correct (purely by happenstance) You can not draw any direct insights nor generate any meaningful conclusions from what you have described

You may not like 60-130 times and they may not be the perfect metric but that and direct well controlled dyno runs are much cleaner tests to control and a more robust set of insights can be drawn vs what you've done
Old 05-12-2013, 09:38 AM
speed21
Banned

Catless oem exhaust to catless EP....Racing his friend vette to compare before and after but he saw no gain at all

Catless EP 997.tt vs another aftermarket exhausted 997.2tt....EP car lost 6 cars length.

Races from 40, 60, 80 and 100kmh to 270-280kmh

Check you PM
Checked my PM but nothing there? What tune was being used on the two cars with catless exhausts? For an EP to lose ground to a car with a stock system then there must be something drastically going wrong somewhere.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Nomak
Advanced

Kev
Aa909
The guy decide to get rid of EP

Speed21
Sorry. Check your PM again
Old 05-12-2013, 05:29 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Kev
Aa909

Speed21
Nomak

I have to say I am thoroughly confused and I haven't fully deciphered what you did or how you arrived at your conclusion(s).

Again, if you are trying to compare the gains from two different exhausts then why not use 1 car and complete controlled runs against the clock, then swap exhausts and with the same car complete timed runs under the same conditions with the same driver? that way you have a true apples to apples comparison and your conclusions are more robust

anyway, if I have misunderstood what you did then maybe someone can enlighten me with the details

- Art
Old 05-12-2013, 07:54 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

For some reason the EP car is pulling timing.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:09 PM
speed21
Banned

Kev
Aa909

Speed21
Ok checked my pms. Thanks. I see a whole lot of runs in the night.....really couldn't make much sense out of any of it (sorry). I see a GTR being run most of the time against a Porsche..

Don't get me wrong and no offence intended here but i truly don't get any of this. There is nothing in the clips defining which car had which exhaust or what on so how do I tell?.

I can see the car has a tune and is fast and it seems to nail the GTR al the time but outside of that F only knows whats going on. Btw out of frustration trying to understand your claims i emailed Stef last night and he answers me this morning by email (obviously he has seen the thread) and says he has never even done a cat-less exhaust in the middle east ever and suggests whatever you have on the car could be anything.....possibly a regular EP exhaust with the guts knocked out of it or something like that??? He may chime in, he may not ... not that it matters anyway. I only emailed him to try and make some sense out of your claim that the EP fell 6 cars lengths behind somewhere in a clip.... but sorry I couldn't see it. Maybe just show that clip so i get my head around it. Maybe Stef will add something....i don't know.....it's up to him. But he said his cat less system is custom and he has never made one for over your way yet....so i guess he must know what he makes and who he sells it to.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:22 AM
Nomak
Advanced

Originally Posted by aa909
Nomak

I have to say I am thoroughly confused and I haven't fully deciphered what you did or how you arrived at your conclusion(s).

Again, if you are trying to compare the gains from two different exhausts then why not use 1 car and complete controlled runs against the clock, then swap exhausts and with the same car complete timed runs under the same conditions with the same driver? that way you have a true apples to apples comparison and your conclusions are more robust

anyway, if I have misunderstood what you did then maybe someone can enlighten me with the details

- Art
Ok

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: catless Europipe vs catless OEM Exhaust on 997.tt pdk results