Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

catless Europipe vs catless OEM Exhaust on 997.tt pdk results

Old 05-15-2013, 05:19 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

This thread has been so much fun to read! wow!

TTSurgeon/Leo, would you like my Tubi exhaust? It is a 1-can design and they are really really good! I am thinking about switching back to stock...the droning is driving me nuts...even after 3 years...
Old 05-15-2013, 05:51 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Igooz

TTSurgeon/Leo, would you like my Tubi exhaust? It is a 1-can design and they are really really good! I am thinking about switching back to stock...the droning is driving me nuts...even after 3 years...
Well how about if we trade Techart for Tubi?

Last edited by Leo997TT; 05-15-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Never heard 911tune, no idea.
Dyno runs about 200/day+
But, really unless your testing a bunch of stuff or having a diagnostic question, it's a waste of money. It's kinda like taking a ruler with you into the men's room, just a pissing contest.
If your car runs strong, then there is no need.
I just want to see if I have or I'm ever near to 600hp with the flash & the exhaust....
Old 05-15-2013, 09:14 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by dianic
LoL Nomak Speed is not 21 years old. Paul you received a hell of a compliment here!
Yeh, it was beautiful.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:37 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Leo997TT
Well how about if we trade Techart for Tubi?
Thank you very much Leo, but I will pass. (I was kidding with you guys).

When it comes to modding cars I am a whimp and prefer stock. This Tubi exhaust "thing" I bought and put on myself one winter...I don't know why...I guess I was looking for a project and I had heard the Tubi on my friends Scagglietti....Honestly, as I have said before, I don't really care for the sound of it anyhow...
Old 05-15-2013, 09:42 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Igooz

He may take it as it's definitely a step up from the earlier two can tubi which Chris raves about all the time.

FYI i had this confirmed recently directly from CMS who did the design and testing for the system because i wanted to clear this outstanding point up due to previous conjecture. Tubi is purely the manufacturer operating under CMS's instruction. Im a firm believer that if you have any doubts on anything its best to go to the source and get the facts.

The original 997tt 2 can was essentially a carry over from the 996tt and CMS advised the two can had drone issues and sounded very weak on the 997tt car hence why they went back to the drawing board and developed a dedicated single can system for the car. They also said the 2 can had alignment issues in getting both cans to sit dead horizontal from the rear of the car.

CMS advised the single can street system is specifically tailored to the characteristics of the new VTG engine and is not only improved in both performance and sound but is definitely lesser droning....superior in every way conceivable. I mentioned it had been previously opined on the forums that it was purely manufacturing costs that were behind converting the twin to the single and the old 2 can was better sounding and less droning. Well the response i got from that was they nearly fell over laughing at the suggestion and said that was absurd and flawed thinking. They said there is absolutely no question the newer single can system is superior in every way. They have also tested it up against
a number of well know systems (i won't mention the brand names but most here would know of them) and they claim it has superior performance and sound characteristics over these systems....needless to say is of better quality and general construction. CMS did say that they had not tested it up against the EP product but gave recognition that it was certainly a high end product in their view.

So there you have it boys. Make of it what you will but thats straight from the designer and developer of both new and old systems.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:43 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

No thanx, the single can drones as I've said many times. If it was a dual, I might but I just want slightly louder than stock, ala ruf.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:43 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

No thanx, the single can drones as I've said many times. If it was a dual, I might but I just want slightly louder than stock, ala ruf.
Christ there is one right now brand new in the classifieds, you should check it out
Old 05-15-2013, 11:18 PM
speed21
Banned

Christ there is one right now brand new in the classifieds, you should check it out
Just checked it out. Looks brand spanking new alright. Hope for his sakes no one interested reads my last post or he'll have to take whatever he can get for the damn thing. The guys at CMS have tested both these systems against one another and it can't be said they don't have the equipment.... So if they say its better everywhere it must be. They sent the design to Tubi....not the other way around....so it can't be said they had to use it if it didnt do a better job than the last version.

Just on the Tubi again, CMS also informed the Tubi race, which is catless, is even better again. They say the perferations are slightly different to the Street version to accommodate for the no cats and so on... This one they say doesnt drone and sounds even better again. That may well be an option? I mean if there is a contest going on who can fit the most sytems onto the one car this one may be a worthy contender JK.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:10 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

That is a good deal, but I already got something else cooking.
Incidentally, the only reason tubi went single can is bc it's waaaay cheaper to produce, not better.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:43 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by speed21
He may take it as it's definitely a step up from the earlier two can tubi which Chris raves about all the time.

FYI i had this confirmed recently directly from CMS who did the design and testing for the system because i wanted to clear this outstanding point up due to previous conjecture. Tubi is purely the manufacturer operating under CMS's instruction. Im a firm believer that if you have any doubts on anything its best to go to the source and get the facts.

The original 997tt 2 can was essentially a carry over from the 996tt and CMS advised the two can had drone issues and sounded very weak on the 997tt car hence why they went back to the drawing board and developed a dedicated single can system for the car. They also said the 2 can had alignment issues in getting both cans to sit dead horizontal from the rear of the car.

CMS advised the single can street system is specifically tailored to the characteristics of the new VTG engine and is not only improved in both performance and sound but is definitely lesser droning....superior in every way conceivable. I mentioned it had been previously opined on the forums that it was purely manufacturing costs that were behind converting the twin to the single and the old 2 can was better sounding and less droning. Well the response i got from that was they nearly fell over laughing at the suggestion and said that was absurd and flawed thinking. They said there is absolutely no question the newer single can system is superior in every way. They have also tested it up against
a number of well know systems (i won't mention the brand names but most here would know of them) and they claim it has superior performance and sound characteristics over these systems....needless to say is of better quality and general construction. CMS did say that they had not tested it up against the EP product but gave recognition that it was certainly a high end product in their view.

So there you have it boys. Make of it what you will but thats straight from the designer and developer of both new and old systems.
Paul

Could you post this info in 6speed? i will like to see what the TUBI dealers have to say about that...
Old 05-16-2013, 02:10 AM
speed21
Banned

That is a good deal, but I already got something else cooking.
Incidentally, the only reason tubi went single can is bc it's waaaay cheaper to produce, not better.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings Chris but you are way off base there. They could have easily just stuck with the old system if it was as good as you say it was but they knew it had issues on the 997tt platform therefore set out to fix those issues and improve the system which they assure they did. Costs never came into it at all. You can ask them for yourself if you like.....don't take my word for it.

Paul

Could you post this info in 6speed? i will like to see what the TUBI dealers have to say about that...
....well you can call Sharkster from Sharkwerks and ask him for yourself. I can ask him to chime in if you like.

As you know he has been selling the Tubi product for years and has fitted countless of early and late versions and he assures me as gospel the new one craps all over the old 2 can in every way. Better still call up CMS yourself and check it all out as i have. You will find what i have said is 100% Primo Kosher advice. Leo if the question comes up on 6 i will glady indulge but i cant see any reason to go out of my way unless the subject of Tubi is bought up by another member there. Plus i'm short on forum time at the moment and have been struggling to keep pace with the 2 threads here lately. It's only the entertainment that keeps me posting to be honest.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:09 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Not true, but I'm no longer commenting on the subject as this is way off topic. Anybody who has a question just pm me.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:12 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally got around to reading this thread, comical!

Here is my two can ****ty tubi, better than stock? yes! Still not a GT3

Excuse my friend he doesn't know much about cars, he was excited too.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:53 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

man I'm going back to this

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: catless Europipe vs catless OEM Exhaust on 997.tt pdk results