Sponsored by:

catless Europipe vs catless OEM Exhaust on 997.tt pdk results

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 09:16 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon

Paul, actually you would stand corrected, I had the ep, and a couple of others on my old blue car, all with a stock file at the time. C
Firstly, which other brands exactly did you have on your car and at what mileage (approx) was each changed? Chris I was to the understanding from reading some of your earlier posts on 6 that you had your tune in for the majority of your last cars life. Also recall reading how you sold the car at @ 70,000+ miles and even had the stock clutch in it.... never replaced from brand new.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:39 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Nomak
It is mannschaft lol
BS is for ppl like you. Be a man just once in your sad life and say yes

I will send u a video for EP if you would like .

We are proven. We are faster and you keep dataloging, changing coolers and install old school k24's on your cars following the almighty tb993tt
The spelling is insignificant. Eitherway it's not exactly clever calling yourself mans genitalia .

As a legend in you own lunchtime for sure.

Anyway fwiw I enjoyed your thread and hope you can get another story going soon so we RL'sters have something else to sink our teeth into. You are a funny guy and we need some entertainment over here from time to time. Just try make it a bit more believeable next time OK.

And no expletives....that way you don't get yourself banned here too soon.

Last edited by speed21; 05-15-2013 at 04:49 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:14 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21

Paul, actually you would stand corrected, I had the ep, and a couple of others on my old blue car, all with a stock file at the time. C
Firstly, which other brands exactly did you have on your car and at what mileage (approx) was each changed? Chris I was to the understanding from reading some of your earlier posts on 6 that you had your tune in for the majority of your last cars life. Also recall reading how you sold the car at @ 70,000+ miles and even had the stock clutch in it.... never replaced from brand new.
The last yr or so it was the stock ecu bc I had a issue where I bricked it, actually flashed it back n forth yearly for emission testing, etc. Long story. I had eight different exhausts on it at different times.
C
Old 05-15-2013, 12:02 AM
speed21
Banned

The last yr or so it was the stock ecu bc I had a issue where I bricked it, actually flashed it back n forth yearly for emission testing, etc. Long story. I had eight different exhausts on it at different times.
C
8 different exhasust before you finished? LOL. looks like Leo is on safe ground. I think he is only up to No3 isnt he? ...or No4?....anyway.... what were the brands in order again? I don't think nomad will mind the thread jack now the BS flag has been hoisted up the flagpole....unless he has some more left.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:01 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Omg, keep in mind it was over 5 yrs.......
Fabspeed 2versions, tubi, fvd 3 versions, ep, straight pipes, and one other I can't remember, plus stock on/off a few times in between. That's why I can do it in under 3 hrs!
Old 05-15-2013, 01:49 AM
speed21
Banned

Omg, keep in mind it was over 5 yrs.......
Fabspeed 2versions, tubi, fvd 3 versions, ep, straight pipes, and one other I can't remember, plus stock on/off a few times in between. That's why I can do it in under 3 hrs!
Sheesh that's a hell of a lot of systems and a lot of money spent chasing the dream. One things for sure you've certainly thrown down the gauntlet to Leo. JK but is is funny when you look at it and here it is everyone is hammering him LOL!! You ought to be able to do it under 3 hours and with one hand tied behind your back.

So what was the main reason for getting rid of these systems in the first place? I know you quit the EP1 becasue it was to noisy on the outside of the car due to track noise restrictions, but what about the rest of them?
Old 05-15-2013, 03:47 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

8 different exhasust before you finished? LOL. looks like Leo is on safe ground. I think he is only up to No3 isnt he? ...or No4?....anyway.... what were the brands in order again? I don't think nomad will mind the thread jack now the BS flag has been hoisted up the flagpole....unless he has some more left.
Paul,

You got it right bro! Lol but this is not over yet lol

-Fabspeed ver2
-911tune xpipes
-Techart 200cels cat
To be continue ...
Old 05-15-2013, 04:44 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Leo997TT
Paul,

You got it right bro! Lol but this is not over yet lol

-Fabspeed ver2
-911tune xpipes
-Techart 200cels cat
To be continue ...
...well "they" keep saying the fun is in the journey plus you havent tried the TA yet and you may find it ok... plus you have the ST tune to prop up any shortfalls. Fingers crossed...

Anyway you are only 3 down so far so you've still got a few years and 5 more to play with yet before you catch up with Chris lol. Maybe both you guys should hedge a bet LOL!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 10:08 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LoL Nomak Speed is not 21 years old. Paul you received a hell of a compliment here!
Old 05-15-2013, 11:33 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Sheesh that's a hell of a lot of systems and a lot of money spent chasing the dream. One things for sure you've certainly thrown down the gauntlet to Leo. JK but is is funny when you look at it and here it is everyone is hammering him LOL!! You ought to be able to do it under 3 hours and with one hand tied behind your back.

So what was the main reason for getting rid of these systems in the first place? I know you quit the EP1 becasue it was to noisy on the outside of the car due to track noise restrictions, but what about the rest of them?
Mostly noise regulations at LRP, but some droned, some were too loud, etc....
The best I ever heard to date is the Ruf, bar none.
The worst comment I ever received was with the EP actually, I was dropping my son off at his HS, one of the other kids said "your Dad's car sounds lke the muffler fell off".....kids.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:45 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

...well "they" keep saying the fun is in the journey plus you havent tried the TA yet and you may find it ok... plus you have the ST tune to prop up any shortfalls. Fingers crossed...

Anyway you are only 3 down so far so you've still got a few years and 5 more to play with yet before you catch up with Chris lol. Maybe both you guys should hedge a bet LOL!!!
I just gonna keep my eyes open in Dubai for a EP for $1500 ;-)
Old 05-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Mostly noise regulations at LRP, but some droned, some were too loud, etc....
The best I ever heard to date is the Ruf, bar none.
The worst comment I ever received was with the EP actually, I was dropping my son off at his HS, one of the other kids said "your Dad's car sounds lke the muffler fell off".....kids.
Christ, maybe you got a bad exhaust? Just like stock cars don't deliver the same HP I think no all exhaust are the same?
Old 05-15-2013, 11:53 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

No, some were loud, etc. The EP was fantastic, not an issue at all. Exhausts are a very personal thing, if it doesn't sound just right, it's easy enough to change....too easy.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

No, some were loud, etc. The EP was fantastic, not an issue at all. Exhausts are a very personal thing, if it doesn't sound just right, it's easy enough to change....too easy.
Agree... I didn't like the fabspeed at all... It sounds like a Honda civic with a stock muffler but some people really like it... I know you don't like 911tune but I do like it!!

Too bad i didn't take my car to the Dynno with all the different exhausts, how much it cost to take a car to the dynno? I never did it with any of my cars.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:26 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Never heard 911tune, no idea.
Dyno runs about 200/day+
But, really unless your testing a bunch of stuff or having a diagnostic question, it's a waste of money. It's kinda like taking a ruler with you into the men's room, just a pissing contest.
If your car runs strong, then there is no need.

Quick Reply: catless Europipe vs catless OEM Exhaust on 997.tt pdk results