Sponsored by:

catless Europipe vs catless OEM Exhaust on 997.tt pdk results

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 01:23 AM
Nomak
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
For some reason the EP car is pulling timing.
Fine
Old 05-13-2013, 01:26 AM
Nomak
Advanced

Originally Posted by speed21
Ok checked my pms. Thanks. I see a whole lot of runs in the night.....really couldn't make much sense out of any of it (sorry). I see a GTR being run most of the time against a Porsche..

Don't get me wrong and no offence intended here but i truly don't get any of this. There is nothing in the clips defining which car had which exhaust or what on so how do I tell?.

I can see the car has a tune and is fast and it seems to nail the GTR al the time but outside of that F only knows whats going on. Btw out of frustration trying to understand your claims i emailed Stef last night and he answers me this morning by email (obviously he has seen the thread) and says he has never even done a cat-less exhaust in the middle east ever and suggests whatever you have on the car could be anything.....possibly a regular EP exhaust with the guts knocked out of it or something like that??? He may chime in, he may not ... not that it matters anyway. I only emailed him to try and make some sense out of your claim that the EP fell 6 cars lengths behind somewhere in a clip.... but sorry I couldn't see it. Maybe just show that clip so i get my head around it. Maybe Stef will add something....i don't know.....it's up to him. But he said his cat less system is custom and he has never made one for over your way yet....so i guess he must know what he makes and who he sells it to.
Stef is right! The owner GUT the EP exhaust.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:28 AM
Nomak
Advanced

Gents
You can believe it or not
You can make what ever excuses you want
I'm just share info
Old 05-13-2013, 02:19 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomak
Stef is right! The owner GUT the EP exhaust.
Thanks for the explanation nomak. No surprise he got rid of it seeing it has been butchered up so god only knows what was done or what version it is or if it was even really a EP to begin with. It may also be an antique EP like i saw on a thread a while ago....not suited to the car but shoehorned to make it fit?? It may also have been an Agency shower system???...re named into EP to give it some cred....so to get some money for it off someone?

Gents
You can believe it or not
You can make what ever excuses you want
I'm just share info
Thanks for sharing info nomak but i'm afraid in this instance your info is somewhat rather misleading because essentially it infers that Europipe systems will make a 997tt lose ground against a 997tt with stock system when that is not the case at all.

As an example; My car is definitely not losing 6 car lengths against any stock 997tt that I can assure you of 100%. Even without my proto tune loaded the P car service tech says my car pulls cleaner and stronger than all the stock tt's he has ever driven...not that i need him or anyone to tell me that....but just as an fyi from someone who works on these cars day in day out.

Btw his opinion was also formed with out my Protomotive tune loaded and with my stock ecu tune file in. Once I load up the Proto file it's like hold the phone and hang on!!!

So i sadly suspect whatever piece of crap that was bolted onto your friends car under the pretence of an EP is just butchered up tubing scrap metal suitable for a dumpster... No offence again nomak for your colourful story because it has been a little entertaining in other ways. No seriously it was very funny.

Maybe as a good suggestion your mate go gets himself a real EP catless custom made system and then tell us RL 'sters about how many car lengths he loses then eh?
Old 05-13-2013, 03:41 AM
Zero Cool
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Figured there had to be more to this story.....
Old 05-13-2013, 04:03 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Zero Cool
Yeah it sounded suss from day one...

Maybe there are some more stories from this "friend". The last one was pretty good. We can always do with a bit of light entertainment.....a bit more won't hurt. Maybe there are some dancing girls involved...
Old 05-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Nomak
Advanced

Thanks for the explanation nomak. No surprise he got rid of it seeing it has been butchered up so god only knows what was done or what version it is or if it was even really a EP to begin with. It may also be an antique EP like i saw on a thread a while ago....not suited to the car but shoehorned to make it fit?? It may also have been an Agency shower system???...re named into EP to give it some cred....so to get some money for it off someone?

Thanks for sharing info nomak but i'm afraid in this instance your info is somewhat rather misleading because essentially it infers that Europipe systems will make a 997tt lose ground against a 997tt with stock system when that is not the case at all.

As an example; My car is definitely not losing 6 car lengths against any stock 997tt that I can assure you of 100%. Even without my proto tune loaded the P car service tech says my car pulls cleaner and stronger than all the stock tt's he has ever driven...not that i need him or anyone to tell me that....but just as an fyi from someone who works on these cars day in day out.

Btw his opinion was also formed with out my Protomotive tune loaded and with my stock ecu tune file in. Once I load up the Proto file it's like hold the phone and hang on!!!

So i sadly suspect whatever piece of crap that was bolted onto your friends car under the pretence of an EP is just butchered up tubing scrap metal suitable for a dumpster... No offence again nomak for your colourful story because it has been a little entertaining in other ways. No seriously it was very funny.

Maybe as a good suggestion your mate go gets himself a real EP catless custom made system and then tell us RL 'sters about how many car lengths he loses then eh?
I can't believe it
Again for last time

The guy saw no differance going from catless stock exhaust to gutted EP

Is it clear bro?
Old 05-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Nomak
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zero Cool
You means Drama
Old 05-13-2013, 08:23 AM
speed21
Banned

I can't believe it
Again for last time

The guy saw no differance going from catless stock exhaust to gutted EP

Is it clear bro?
Crystal.

....but i'd like to see actual pics of the gutted system to see what brand it really was.....surely he has that? As guys say here...if no pics then it doesn't exist.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Nomak
Advanced

Since you believe on vbox numbers. Take a look here

In 2011 flash/ep exhaust/IC's 997.2 pdk took 0-300kmh in 28's
Ambient was 11C
http://m.6speedonline.com/forums/sho...525&styleid=24

In 2010 flash 997.2 pdk also rans 0-300kmh in 28's in 30C's
http://m.6speedonline.com/forums/sho...943&styleid=24

Another flash 997.2 pdk in 30's
http://m.6speedonline.com/forums/sho...935&styleid=24

What do you think gents?
Im not talking bad on EP but I can't see REAL advantage until now
Old 05-13-2013, 09:24 AM
speed21
Banned

Since you believe on vbox numbers. Take a look here

In 2011 flash/ep exhaust/IC's 997.2 pdk took 0-300kmh in 28's
Ambient was 11C
http://m.6speedonline.com/forums/sho...525&styleid=24

In 2010 flash 997.2 pdk also rans 0-300kmh in 28's in 30C's
http://m.6speedonline.com/forums/sho...943&styleid=24

Another flash 997.2 pdk in 30's
http://m.6speedonline.com/forums/sho...935&styleid=24

What do you think gents?
Im not talking bad on EP but I can't see REAL advantage until now
I'm really not following you with the links so you will need to summarise to show the point you are trying to make re the EP.

Kddsl is a friend of mine and if you know him he installed EP and found positive differences so i'm not following you with the link to his particular thread. He was seeking better numbers, not worse and also put on ceramic coated I/c's from Todd K..... If you like I will find the thread he put up on his EP experience and there was no talk of going out backwards anywhere.

Edit. Here is his thread on his EP. Read down to what he says about the performance improvement he experienced...

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...cs-inside.html

Note his words:

My car is spinning wheels in second gear now; something which had not happened before.

Down low and through the mid to upper mid ranges of the rpm, the car feels like two monsters have been unleashed inside every piston chamber, pushing up and down with every rotation!
Up high, the impact is not felt to the same extent.
........................................................................ .............................
Nomak I still question what system did your mate actually have on his car for it to go slower than stock by 6 car lengths???? Did you physically see it and do you have pics. It must be altered in an incredibly negative way to make a Protomotive tuned car to go slower with it on. It just does not make any logical sense and there is a lot more to your mates story i am sure of that.

And, have you asked Todd K for his opinion because as the tuner he would know. He also knows the EP product. You see qualified persons like him are able to pass a comment that has value and credibility because he is behind some very very fast 997tt's as you would know. I also note TPC racing use the custom EP product for their cars and these guys also know how to set a fast car up. Seems mighty odd how someone with no evidence at all other than "word of a mate" and a few clips can say a system makes a car slower yet everyone else who uses, or, is using that same product has yielded a positive result. You surely must know what i am getting at here? Am i being clear enough?

Last edited by speed21; 05-13-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:31 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If you're gonna gut a system, EP is a pricey core. I think the car in question had too much of a drop in backpressure, hence timing pulled. Is it a 997.2?
No one exhaust is the best imho , I had the EP, it was great but not dramatically better than others I had on my car. The one exhaust that is really cool is the Ruf, not the homemade version, but the real thing w 70mm piping and 100 cell cats. It's even more scratch than either the EP or akropovik. That might be my next one...
Old 05-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Nomak
Advanced

Crystal.

....but i'd like to see actual pics of the gutted system to see what brand it really was.....surely he has that? As guys say here...if no pics then it doesn't exist.
Sure
You call me a lier
If I post the pix I will call you EP cheerleader

Yes or no?
Old 05-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Nomak
Advanced

I'm really not following you with the links so you will need to summarise to show the point you are trying to make re the EP.

Kddsl is a friend of mine and if you know him he installed EP and found positive differences so i'm not following you with the link to his particular thread. He was seeking better numbers, not worse and also put on ceramic coated I/c's from Todd K..... If you like I will find the thread he put up on his EP experience and there was no talk of going out backwards anywhere.

Edit. Here is his thread on his EP. Read down to what he says about the performance improvement he experienced...

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...cs-inside.html

Note his words:

My car is spinning wheels in second gear now; something which had not happened before.

Down low and through the mid to upper mid ranges of the rpm, the car feels like two monsters have been unleashed inside every piston chamber, pushing up and down with every rotation!
Up high, the impact is not felt to the same extent.
........................................................................ .............................
Nomak I still question what system did your mate actually have on his car for it to go slower than stock by 6 car lengths???? Did you physically see it and do you have pics. It must be altered in an incredibly negative way to make a Protomotive tuned car to go slower with it on. It just does not make any logical sense and there is a lot more to your mates story i am sure of that.

And, have you asked Todd K for his opinion because as the tuner he would know. He also knows the EP product. You see qualified persons like him are able to pass a comment that has value and credibility because he is behind some very very fast 997tt's as you would know. I also note TPC racing use the custom EP product for their cars and these guys also know how to set a fast car up. Seems mighty odd how someone with no evidence at all other than "word of a mate" and a few clips can say a system makes a car slower yet everyone else who uses, or, is using that same product has yielded a positive result. You surely must know what i am getting at here? Am i being clear enough?
summarise?
Cant you read the 28's from 0-300kmh? From the first two cars lol

You have big problem understanding that we are talking about EP on 997.2tt car not 997.1tt or 996tt which EP perform excellent.

Did EP pay you or what?
Old 05-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Nomak
Advanced

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
If you're gonna gut a system, EP is a pricey core. I think the car in question had too much of a drop in backpressure, hence timing pulled. Is it a 997.2?
No one exhaust is the best imho , I had the EP, it was great but not dramatically better than others I had on my car. The one exhaust that is really cool is the Ruf, not the homemade version, but the real thing w 70mm piping and 100 cell cats. It's even more scratch than either the EP or akropovik. That might be my next one...
Actually he bought used for $1500 then he gut the cats

Quick Reply: catless Europipe vs catless OEM Exhaust on 997.tt pdk results