Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know this '07 997TT Switzer SPI750 for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Meeyatch1
Instructor

Location: Fishers, Indiana (USA) and Barrie, Ontario (Canada)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roybotnik
Carfax guarantee is BS. They only guarantee the car if there was an accident on record but wasn't reported in the report. They do not cover accidents that are unreported....
Correct. CarFax would not have caught it in this instance since it apparently was wrecked, fixed, and shipped, all within a few weeks. So it would not have had time to hit the report, even if the accident was reported.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Meeyatch1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Igooz
I am guessing that this car was not PPI'd prior to purchase?
PPI would not have mattered here. The accident happened after the car purchase was agreed to, and it was supposed to have been on its way to Indiana when it was wrecked and repaired.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:07 PM
Meeyatch1
Instructor

Originally Posted by rijowysock
....i'm sorry for the unfortunate mess, not sure what to suggest at this point but i had no knowledge of the vehicle being in a wreck, and was looking at it for myself at one point which is why i forwarded the information in the thread.
No worries. Not your fault in any way.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:49 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
Just out of curiosity, what does that mean? I've seen guys mention this but never quite understood its necessity. If I want to buy a car, I buy it, if I can't afford to buy it, I don't buy it. What's the positive or negative points of using a broker? I once sold a Porsche to a guy that was talking like he was making his own money. He showed up with "The money guy" when we went to exchange funds for title. Was that a brokered deal? Same guy wanted me to smoke some ghey cigar to celebrate his signing on the dotted line for $75K I think. Interesting scenario for me... please enlighten me...
not sure what happened in your scenario... i buy all my cars cash (my cash) and when selling.. it can be difficult for a random interested party to want to give you payment in full via wire... and on the other hand, i want to make sure i am protected before i send a title out... so he has a dealers license... the buyer pays him, i send him title... he does the paperwork 110% so their is no liability any more from me (a simple bill of sale is not as binding as a contract and proof the title was transferred).. then i get my cash, the buyer gets their car.. the broker can arrange transport for the vehicle as well so i am no liable for something the transporter does..

other situation is you're buying a new car, and you have a car you want to sell. dealer offers you 90k.. but car is worth 115k.. the broker can buy the car cash from you at 110... and do the paperwork thru the dealership so you get your tax incentive and the better asking price on the car... and the dealer gets the sale but you get max value on your sale.

so in a nut shell, you introduce a broker in the sale of a car to protect both parties... or to get a better value out of your car, or just to do the paperwork fully and officially so all the i's are dotted and t's crossed.... there are so many scams out there lately... it's not even worth the hassle... hell did you know that NO BANK sends certified checks Fedex/UPS??? they only use USPS, the scammers however do not use USPS because it's a federal crime to send a fraudulent check via USPS.. i've had people "USAA is going to finance me for the purchase and they'll send you a check"... the check and letter comes from USAA.. but you run the tracking and it came from down the road.. and the guy is calling you asking when he can pickup the vehicle.

i still have no clue what happened in your case, maybe a wealthy relative... or trust money.. i've had people buy VERY expensive items from me using a living trust, which i contacted the person in charge of the estate for payment.. they had money (tons of it) but they did not do any of the payment.. their living trust handled it...
Old 06-25-2013, 09:43 AM
RPB
Intermediate

What a mess....

Quick Reply: Anyone know this '07 997TT Switzer SPI750 for sale?