Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know this '07 997TT Switzer SPI750 for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 09:51 PM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

This is interesting. Good luck getting some answers. I'd delete that post and hire legal representation.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:54 PM
Cbwell
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you kidding?! Totally unacceptable. Had your friend known about it he could have made a decision on whether he wanted it and sure he would have gotten a better price. Is there a lemon law that could be applied? We have something on Texas that protects you for a period of time. How did you find out about it?
Old 06-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

oh oh!!!! I hate to hear about this kind of stuff...Let's hope that there is more to the story!
Old 06-23-2013, 03:41 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh my... And the post started off so positive! The cars business is too sleazy for me.. That is one of the reasons I do not want to stay in it.. Too many "shady" characters...

That is why If I but another car it will be from someone i know on this forum. I don't trust any dealer...
Old 06-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Meeyatch1
Instructor

Location: Fishers, Indiana (USA) and Barrie, Ontario (Canada)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cbwell
Are you kidding?! Totally unacceptable. Had your friend known about it he could have made a decision on whether he wanted it and sure he would have gotten a better price. Is there a lemon law that could be applied? We have something on Texas that protects you for a period of time. How did you find out about it?

We found out because when we picked up the car and test drove it it was all over the place and the dealership said, 'Oh....it's just out of alignment,' and promised to pay for it. Since we were almost 120 miles from home, and had no other way to get home (and it was my buddy's car who had the final say), we drove it home and figured we would get it aligned there at one of the several racing shops we have here in Indianapolis. Needless to say, when we got home I told him I suspected there was more than an alignment issue because the car was so difficult to keep straight.

Within a couple of days he had it aligned and brought it home and it was still not right, so he put it in the air and took it apart and called me and said to come over, because I would not believe what he found. There we saw a replacement suspension arm with the all too familiar yellow marker / paint writing that all junkyards do with the words '2006 Porsche Boxster' written on it. Also some of the suspension joints attached to it were coming apart, and upon further inspection we found more proof of accident damage, including a shifted engine cradle. Pushing further we got the selling dealer to admit that the dealer in Florida wrecked it, how he wrecked it, and pictures of it wrecked in Florida. So needless to say, it is pretty crappy that this was done and hidden. Havinng an almost 4 year old daughter, it makes me even more mad that this cheap and improperly done repair could have broken on the highway and taken me away from my daughter. There is no excuse for this, and it upsets me that this was hidden.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:58 AM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
The car is supposedly for sale in Boca Raton, FL but is on a different consignment site out of Arkansas too.
Hind sight is always 20/20... Not that dealers are honest people but when dealerships do this sort of crappy **** then there's always more to it...

From my several years of dealings with dealers, I have always found Florida to be a very interesting state when buying a used car
Old 06-24-2013, 10:28 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

We found out because when we picked up the car and test drove it it was all over the place and the dealership said, 'Oh....it's just out of alignment,' and promised to pay for it. Since we were almost 120 miles from home, and had no other way to get home (and it was my buddy's car who had the final say), we drove it home and figured we would get it aligned there at one of the several racing shops we have here in Indianapolis. Needless to say, when we got home I told him I suspected there was more than an alignment issue because the car was so difficult to keep straight.

Within a couple of days he had it aligned and brought it home and it was still not right, so he put it in the air and took it apart and called me and said to come over, because I would not believe what he found. There we saw a replacement suspension arm with the all too familiar yellow marker / paint writing that all junkyards do with the words '2006 Porsche Boxster' written on it. Also some of the suspension joints attached to it were coming apart, and upon further inspection we found more proof of accident damage, including a shifted engine cradle. Pushing further we got the selling dealer to admit that the dealer in Florida wrecked it, how he wrecked it, and pictures of it wrecked in Florida. So needless to say, it is pretty crappy that this was done and hidden. Havinng an almost 4 year old daughter, it makes me even more mad that this cheap and improperly done repair could have broken on the highway and taken me away from my daughter. There is no excuse for this, and it upsets me that this was hidden.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:43 AM
nuclearfishin
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow, that's awful. By chance is there any recourse through the guaranteed carfax report? They always state that if there was an accident not reported they have a buyback guarantee.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:37 AM
roybotnik
Rennlist Member

Carfax guarantee is BS. They only guarantee the car if there was an accident on record but wasn't reported in the report. They do not cover accidents that are unreported.

The seller has no choice but to do something if they already admitted that the car was in an accident and they didn't bother to tell you about it before selling. It's one thing if they didn't know, but they obviously did. This is very sad, I hope you get it resolved. I don't get why people do this to each other.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:47 AM
bluecrab
Advanced

Exclamation

I am curious why you did not bother to let me, or my friend who bought it, know when we called you that it was stuffed into a cement barrier while in your possession and then repaired with junkyard parts before being shipped up to Indiana? That would have been good information, and surely explains why it took almost A MONTH to get it from Florida to Indiana. Driving home we almost got killed when the junkyard Porsche Boxster suspension arms that were put in to repair the rear suspension damage virtually came apart. That is just unacceptable.
holy ****
Old 06-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

I am guessing that this car was not PPI'd prior to purchase?
Old 06-24-2013, 06:15 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Igooz
Old 06-24-2013, 07:40 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

I would like to bet a sizable amount of cash that Jason A will never be seen or heard from on RL again. So much for the guys that always have something to say about non members, homeboy became a member and then
Old 06-24-2013, 08:37 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
Hind sight is always 20/20... Not that dealers are honest people but when dealerships do this sort of crappy **** then there's always more to it...

From my several years of dealings with dealers, I have always found Florida to be a very interesting state when buying a used car
i wouldn't blanket all florida cars, i will however say that i personally do not buy "south" florida or orlando vehicles at all.. a lot of hit and run and shady repair shops in those areas.

Originally Posted by Igooz
that's always important to do regardless of who is selling vehicle... even a member on here got a bad vehicle from a porsche dealer.

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
I would like to bet a sizable amount of cash that Jason A will never be seen or heard from on RL again. So much for the guys that always have something to say about non members, homeboy became a member and then
i sent him the link originally so that's why he registered i assume...

i have personally had him broker several deals for me, he bought my white 12' cayenne, he bought my GTR from me, he brokered the sale on my Ariel Atom. he also brokered a few other cars for me... i have used him as a broker but never purchased a car from his stock...

i'm sorry for the unfortunate mess, not sure what to suggest at this point but i had no knowledge of the vehicle being in a wreck, and was looking at it for myself at one point which is why i forwarded the information in the thread.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:36 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
I have personally had him broker several deals for me, he bought my white 12' cayenne, he bought my GTR from me, he brokered the sale on my Ariel Atom. he also brokered a few other cars for me...
Just out of curiosity, what does that mean? I've seen guys mention this but never quite understood its necessity. If I want to buy a car, I buy it, if I can't afford to buy it, I don't buy it. What's the positive or negative points of using a broker? I once sold a Porsche to a guy that was talking like he was making his own money. He showed up with "The money guy" when we went to exchange funds for title. Was that a brokered deal? Same guy wanted me to smoke some ghey cigar to celebrate his signing on the dotted line for $75K I think. Interesting scenario for me... please enlighten me...

Quick Reply: Anyone know this '07 997TT Switzer SPI750 for sale?