Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 03:33 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

on the 997.1tt EP nailed it for sound. It's hard to make those cars sound good but they did.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:26 PM
GT Silver
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks speed21 for the feedback.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:12 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No problem. It's is always a tough decision when you look at all the assurances and then the money involved. Desirably you want to avoid any costly mistakes and it sure is a mine field out there, but depending on your situation and expectations one of these 2 will do very nicely. The pipe is certainly good value when you compare it to so many other offerings. I believe the xpipe is certainly louder than an EP1 and 2 though so it depends on how much noise you want on the outside. Sharky may chime in the clear that point up.

Ps. One good thing also is that if you ever want to quit out, you will get good $ back. Not so the case for all the others so on that note it could be fairly said that amidst any skepticism that may exist out there from those with something else claiming what they have is as good for less $, the general TT population looking for a new or used system all seem to know where the real givens are and, are prepared to pay the higher new and used prices accordingly (also knowing they too are on safe ground both expectation wise and, resale value wise).

GL and keep us updated on how it worked out when you pull the trigger.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:15 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by speed21
No problem. It's is always a tough decision when you look at all the assurances and then the money involved. Desirably you want to avoid any costly mistakes and it sure is a mine field out there, but depending on your situation and expectations one of these 2 will do very nicely. The pipe is certainly good value when you compare it to so many other offerings. I believe the xpipe is certainly louder than an EP1 and 2 though so it depends on how much noise you want on the outside. Sharky may chime in the clear that point up.

Ps. One good thing also is that if you ever want to quit out, you will get good $ back. Not so the case for all the others so on that note it could be fairly said that amidst any skepticism that may exist out there from those with something else claiming it is as good, the general TT population looking for a system all seem to know where the real givens are and, are prepared to pay the higher new and used prices also knowing they are on safe ground both expectation wise and, resale value wise.

GL and keep us updated on how it worked out when you pull the trigger.
well put indeed... Used EP's get snapped up really quickly and are a no brainer. They use the emmitec cats which I honestly prefer to the HJS stuff everyone else seems to. I've never even seen one of their cats fail on a turbo car before either.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:25 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by sharkster
well put indeed... Used EP's get snapped up really quickly and are a no brainer. They use the emmitec cats which I honestly prefer to the HJS stuff everyone else seems to. I've never even seen one of their cats fail on a turbo car before either.
Yep they have the reliability covered. I'm pretty certain the EP cats are behind a lot of their secret sauce notwithstanding the obvious effort these guys personally put into developing and manufacturing their product. It is truly masterpiece. And looking at the EP cats against ALL other cat offerings the EP ones are clear standouts in all respects. The size differential and general design would have to be doing something for sure and the cost to produce those would undoubtedly be significantly more than all the others which all seem to choke themselves to death at one point...or steadily diminish in performance over the course of time. Just my observations anyway..
Old 05-06-2014, 10:43 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yep they have the reliability covered. I'm pretty certain the EP cats are behind a lot of their secret sauce notwithstanding the obvious effort these guys personally put into developing and manufacturing their product. It is truly masterpiece. And looking at the EP cats against ALL other cat offerings the EP ones are clear standouts in all respects. The size differential and general design would have to be doing something for sure and the cost to produce those would undoubtedly be significantly more than all the others which all seem to choke themselves to death at one point...or steadily diminish in performance over the course of time. Just my observations anyway..
Yep the size of them is key and some of the HJS ones can get close to the same cost... I do wish more manufacturers would give Emmitec a go but it's their loss and EP's gain. They did their homework really well on the 996tt system and carried it forward. The GT1 based turbos sound best with any EP. I kind of liked the EP Stage II loud most on my 996TT.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:01 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by sharkster
Yep the size of them is key and some of the HJS ones can get close to the same cost... I do wish more manufacturers would give Emmitec a go but it's their loss and EP's gain. They did their homework really well on the 996tt system and carried it forward. The GT1 based turbos sound best with any EP. I kind of liked the EP Stage II loud most on my 996TT.
Yep don't know why they don't. Crazy. Hey just saw your clip on your new pipe for the 991tt. Holy ****! You sure must have had fun making that clip! Gotta hand it to you Alex you sure got all the angles covered man. WOT here and there...everywhere. Awesome! You guys sure don't screw about lol.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:09 AM
aminewyork
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Am off to go get my EP2 installed this morning. Giddy as a schoolboy
The following users liked this post:
jayi836 (07-28-2019)
Old 05-07-2014, 10:52 AM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aminewyork
Am off to go get my EP2 installed this morning. Giddy as a schoolboy
cool, you'll love it!!
jayi836 (07-28-2019)
Old 05-07-2014, 11:17 AM
aminewyork
Rennlist Member

Like all others have said.. this system really is a work of art!

jayi836 (07-28-2019)
Old 05-07-2014, 11:23 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by aminewyork
Like all others have said.. this system really is a work of art!

Let's get your feedback after install
jayi836 (07-28-2019)
Old 05-07-2014, 11:25 AM
aminewyork
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
Let's get your feedback after install
Sure thing. Pick it up tomorrow AM.
jayi836 (07-28-2019)
Old 05-07-2014, 02:01 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yep don't know why they don't. Crazy. Hey just saw your clip on your new pipe for the 991tt. Holy ****! You sure must have had fun making that clip! Gotta hand it to you Alex you sure got all the angles covered man. WOT here and there...everywhere. Awesome! You guys sure don't screw about lol.
Hehe thanks Paul! We always try and have fun.. I'm still on the fence because like I was saying I think the 991TT sounds pretty darned good. I guess with ours it's a small change... I suppose if you put the volume control at a 6/10 in stock form it goes to a 7.5/10 at most with ours. But we made it to be one of these PSE-like set ups as far as being non-to-aggressive.....
Old 05-07-2014, 05:51 PM
bgrpph
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

about ready to pull trigger on EP for my 07 997.1 TT, Tiptronic- been back & forth on EP1 or 2 with my Tip- I'm in 60's so don't want loud (loved the Tubi exhaust i had on my 02 996C2)- Stef said if it was him with 997.1 TT Tip he'd get EP1 as he's sensitive to sound-but also said he can feel power diff between EP1 & 2 in a 6sp.

listened to EP2 here with 6 sp, I liked it a lot & didn't think it was too loud at all- if i had 6 sp i'd have it already- there is slight drone at 2200-2600 which is easy to avoid with 6sp- won't be so easy with Tip even in manual mode- I'm in Honolulu so no long freeway trips.

EP1 won't give me any issues & i'm sure i'll love it- but for few $ xtra could have freer flowing EP2 - just worried about not being able to live with the drone & regret it. Anyone with EP2 on a 997.1 Tiptronic have any advice? Mahalo folks!
Old 05-07-2014, 06:48 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 212 Posts

HJS does not manufacture there cat substrait. They use Emmitec. Infact, HJS holds the marketing sales distribution license with Emmitec. I am pretty sure that the 153mm Emmitec 100 cell cartridge is manufactured for Ford Motorsports.

Quick Reply: Europipe stage 1 or stage 2?