Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Researching-new Independent Porsche /TT/exotic Dealer websites/best practices.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 03:48 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Researching-new Independent Porsche /TT/exotic Dealer websites/best practices.

Hi this is the place that I come to on rennlist. Having a 07TT I've enjoyed reading many threads. Very knowledgeable - friendly - helpful etc. I'm in the process of overhauling my IT -across my companies - made room to do my car biz thats just been stalling on...997 TT guys about Independent Porsche Dealers etc.

Best in Breed: Sloan Cars?

This was my personal selection to demonstrate some of the aspects I enjoyed on their site-quality pictures- inventory easy to see etc. plus I could guarantee some personal time during --professional time to see what was in the inventory... nice looking '97 993 TTS

They have the name- or the name I heard when I worked at a Porsche dealership years ago.

I'm starting with a clean slate and will be offering cars in our category. I've been tasked with finding websites I can use as references that are working for other dealers / car buyers.

Thanks & Cheers-

GS
Old 05-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Greg A
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I've read your post four times, and I still can't figure out what you've written.

Greg A
Old 05-07-2013, 09:04 PM
NewTurboMan
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's obvious he is looking for to see where he can get and he comes on this place, which is most obviousness to find such things while looking.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:18 AM
mlambert890
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Oddly enough i figured that out... He is going to finally build up his car business and, while consolidating the IT departments of his many other companies, is going to now build the website.

He is asking which car dealer website Rennlisters consider "best of breed" and has found that he personally likes "Sloan Cars"

Not bad eh? Its a gift
Old 05-08-2013, 11:32 AM
wisky
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 41 Posts

From my experience, eCarlist provides the best inventory management and website formatting. From there it comes down to good, honest descriptions and excellent pictures of the cars (read: DSLR + LENS + LIGHTING). Best of luck!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I like Truspeed and RPM Sportscars
Old 05-09-2013, 05:09 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wisky
From my experience, eCarlist provides the best inventory management and website formatting. From there it comes down to good, honest descriptions and excellent pictures of the cars (read: DSLR + LENS + LIGHTING). Best of luck!
Great thanks! My soon to be fiancee is a professional photographer and has been shooting cars for a couple of years full-time. I got her a Canon 5D Mark ii. She has some excellent glass. Lighting will have to be outside in the beginning.

Thank you very much for the reply.

Originally Posted by Only1Buck
I like Truspeed and RPM Sportscars
Same thank you very much.

<Is that clear enough for some of you ?>

Quick Reply: Researching-new Independent Porsche /TT/exotic Dealer websites/best practices.