Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 09:30 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 198 Posts
Talking Agent Orange 2.0 - My 997 Turbo

After owning the car for 2 weeks it's time to properly intoduce it:

2007 RS Orange with a ton of special options. Also comes with Sport Chrono, Locking Diff, and Short Shifter. Missing are the sport seats, but that is being rectified currently

The car has 29K miles on it and since it was a very late 2007 build it is still under CPO warranty.

I've put close to 500 miles on it already and love it. So different from my previous Porsches, yet somehow, still so similar.

Last weekend I spent some time with it changing the oil, all filters, cleaning, and learning about it. Can't belive the PCM manual is longer than the owner's manual!

My plans for it? Drive it! I am thinking about a set of H&R springs but the lower lip is so close to the ground I'm afraid that another inch drop would be catastrophic... A set of Fabspeed black dual tips would look nice as well. Other than that I'm thinking of keeping it stock (famous last words).

I finally managed to take a few pictures, but they really don't do it justice. I didn't realize how difficult orange is to photograph in the sun...

This is what the color actually looks like:

Old 04-15-2013, 09:39 PM
LT1
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I absolutely love it! I just bought a cobalt blue 997 turbo (second color choice) orange was my first choice. I just had h and r springs installed today and it does so much for the stance. You'll scrape more but so worth it. I'd get the black fabspeed tips and your car will be perfect
Old 04-15-2013, 09:42 PM
Khooger
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice...unique color...I like it a lot...stands out of the normal....
Old 04-15-2013, 09:56 PM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

alot less "blend in the crowd" than the 993

good luck with it!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:05 PM
pmalenfa
Racer

Crazy color, fantastic! Congrats Ilko!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:26 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

looks great, painted lips are not fun... i plan on actually selling my factory painted center piece for unpainted so i can brush against stuff.

if you need H&R let me know, i have a great friend close w/ H&R... actually helped them develop their 991 springs so it's a very close relationship (mine come tomorrow)...

you should add spacers to the stocks.. they look great matte but i always hated how stock wheels sink in.

was that car on here for sale? it looks oddly familiar and sexy as ever!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:27 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

also, love the tails! just ordered the same... really spice up the car..

i wish i had black interior so i could add alcantara like yours :-/
Old 04-15-2013, 10:28 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 195 Posts

can't wait to see it Friday night!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:38 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LT1
I absolutely love it! I just bought a cobalt blue 997 turbo (second color choice) orange was my first choice. I just had h and r springs installed today and it does so much for the stance. You'll scrape more but so worth it. I'd get the black fabspeed tips and your car will be perfect
Thank you! How is the ride quality with the H&R springs? Does it feel harsher in normal mode?

Originally Posted by Khooger
Very nice...unique color...I like it a lot...stands out of the normal....
Thanks, it definitely does. I keep being asked why I chose orange. Need to come up with a short answer for that question, hehe.

Originally Posted by PasPar2
alot less "blend in the crowd" than the 993

good luck with it!

Originally Posted by pmalenfa
Crazy color, fantastic! Congrats Ilko!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by rijowysock
looks great, painted lips are not fun... i plan on actually selling my factory painted center piece for unpainted so i can brush against stuff.

if you need H&R let me know, i have a great friend close w/ H&R... actually helped them develop their 991 springs so it's a very close relationship (mine come tomorrow)...

you should add spacers to the stocks.. they look great matte but i always hated how stock wheels sink in.

was that car on here for sale? it looks oddly familiar and sexy as ever!
Thank you! I scored a whole set of unpainted lowers - skirts, rear diffuser, and front lip for $325 shipped. It was too good of a deal to pass up. The PO also gave me a brand new painted lip. He said he goes through 2-3 a year and at first I thought the guy can't drive but I believe him now...

I didn't buy the car from anyone on the forums, but Coochas has my car's twin. Well, almost!

The alcantara is a nice touch but even after less than 30K miles it shows signs of wear. You have the coco interior, right? That's an awesome color!

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
can't wait to see it Friday night!
You bet, can't wait to drive down to Hershey on Friday
Wait, that didn't sound right...
Old 04-15-2013, 11:04 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

325!... i just wept a little...

i want the GT2 sides and my front/rear unpainted already but thats a steal... and well worth scrubbing around town.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:08 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Yeah, the GT2 sides are on my "to do" list also, but way at the bottom. Can't justify $800 for them right now...
Old 04-15-2013, 11:11 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Ha... I was just wondering how the new mistress was treating you :-) Ok ... I'm missing the orange strips on the wheels already .. but I know, it's a very personal thing and you gotta do what you gotta do. This car IS really stunning Ilko ... and you've had the best of the air cooled, so this is the logical next step, so congrats, you deserve it! What I hate about it is it just makes me want one even MOAR!!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:18 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

JP, say hello to my new best friend, Acetone. And a ton of elbow grease. But the strips came off! Glad the wheels had been powdercoated first, otherwise it would've been quite a mess. But it "only" took 5 hours to remove

This car is a great evolutionary step over the 993. So different, yet so similar. Porsche did a good job here, I'm very pleased.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:20 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

As I said in the 993 forum: CONGRATS and .
That car is definitely a close relative of mine.
ENJOY !!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:39 PM
pv997tt
Rennlist Member

Awesome looking car both inside and out. How about painting the rear "turbo" logo in black?

Quick Reply: Agent Orange 2.0 - My 997 Turbo