Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enclosed transport recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 09:28 PM
aminewyork
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Enclosed transport recommendations?

Trying to get the 997 tt I just bought shipped from dealer in OH to me in CT this week. Dealer's options are taking too long.

Would love any recommendations for transport service.

I really like Applewoood but they are too busy this and next week.

Am going to call Ply car tomorrow.

Thx in advance
Old 04-15-2013, 09:50 PM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

JPlogistics got my car from GA to NY in 3 days... had an app to track the rig via google maps

Last edited by PasPar2; 04-15-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:14 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PasPar2
JPlogistics get my cat from GA to NY in 3 days... had an app to track the rig via google maps
i vote JP as well,

George the owner is a friend but has also done me very well on several porsche deliveries.. (can say i sent you, say i'm a fellow rennlist friend and i'm sure he'll quote you well)

right now for my TT i am using:

David Appel
Bams Auto Carriers
Direct Phone: 754-224-0281
Email: bamsautocarriers@gmail.com

for my Ariel Atom used:

VIP Transport
Jerry Grzegorzewski
Office 704.721.0081
Cell 704.622.7182

the last one got my atom from Florida to WA state, 3200 miles in 4 days.

ive shipped around a dozen cars in last 5 years and never a problem... most of the jobs were just transport companies finding someone already in the area... not necessarily "their" drivers. the whole transport thing confuses me... but i guess they can't all have drivers everywhere all the time.

FWIW: $2350 for atom to WA from FL, and $1600 for TT from WA to FL..... my GTR to louisiana was $850, and Exige to SC was $1200... rates seem about as random as the drivers.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:20 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

lastly congrats on the TT, i saw it was sold and talked to my usual guy that mentioned the same thing, i love buying cars in ohio... they usually are very well kept... i want to see more pics of that interior when you get it!... the options list was sexy on it!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:43 PM
aminewyork
Rennlist Member

Thx, I just spoke to George @ JP and he went way above and beyond to help me out. Had I called 2 hours earlier, I'd have the car on Thurs. Now looking like Sat but that's on me.

Yes.. REALLY looking fwd to this car. Ironically, I've never driven a 997 tt.. ever. Have driven everything in between but I just know it's going to be great.

Your posts are extremely helpful BTW.. really appreciate it

Originally Posted by rijowysock
lastly congrats on the TT, i saw it was sold and talked to my usual guy that mentioned the same thing, i love buying cars in ohio... they usually are very well kept... i want to see more pics of that interior when you get it!... the options list was sexy on it!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:10 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by aminewyork
Thx, I just spoke to George @ JP and he went way above and beyond to help me out. Had I called 2 hours earlier, I'd have the car on Thurs. Now looking like Sat but that's on me.

Yes.. REALLY looking fwd to this car. Ironically, I've never driven a 997 tt.. ever. Have driven everything in between but I just know it's going to be great.

Your posts are extremely helpful BTW.. really appreciate it
i guess we're both crazy, i've never even been inside a 997TT nor driven.. not liking the assisted clutch people speak of but we'll see soon.

glad i can help on posts, im just over analytical and too much time on hands... so that leads to a lot of posts/thoughts/analyzation.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:29 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think it is so awesome that neither of you have driven a TT but bought one anyway!
rijowysock, Do me a favor when you get your car. Get on a safe straight road.. Turn on the "sport" button.. Take off in first and get the revs to aboiut 5k.. Then shift to second and MASH the throttle..And hold on!

You are going to lose your mind.. especially with that EVO kit!

Congrats to both of you on your new toys.. You are going to love them..
Old 04-16-2013, 09:30 PM
aminewyork
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by phillipj
I think it is so awesome that neither of you have driven a TT but bought one anyway!
rijowysock, Do me a favor when you get your car. Get on a safe straight road.. Turn on the "sport" button.. Take off in first and get the revs to aboiut 5k.. Then shift to second and MASH the throttle..And hold on!

Thx much. I've driven many 996tt and a few X50 versions. I can only imagine 997 tt is even better than that
Old 04-16-2013, 09:54 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by phillipj

will do once warmed up and checked out, I came from GTR and Ariel Atom, different beasts but both fast... i hope the TT is as fast as Atom, but holds to the road like the GTR... will be best of all worlds, fast and has a roof...

the funny thing is my 911 progression.. 997.1->997.2->991->997.1(TT) i guess will be fun to compare them all.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:15 AM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I used Intercityline twice, no problem.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:16 AM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by David A
I used Intercityline twice, no problem.
I shipped mine from KY > CT > KY and both times they picked it up on time and delivered within few days and all that with out any drama

10% discount to 6-speeders
Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2013, 12:43 AM
TWTURBO
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 9 Posts

Just be careful & confirm that the truck isn't one of the ones with the soft sides that roll down ,i had mine shipped from Chicago to SoCal & paid for inclosed truck .It showed up with one these soft side trucks & the car was filthy dirty covered in a thick layer of dust,driver said he hit a wind storm somewhere along the way.

Quick Reply: Enclosed transport recommendations?