Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: 997 TT, (997.1 MT, or 997.2 MT/PDK)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 04:13 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation WTB: 997 TT, (997.1 MT, or 997.2 MT/PDK)

want to buy:

997 Turbo, NON TIPTRONIC

not interested in luxor beige interior,
not interested in over 40,000 miles,
not interested in anything over $100k,

Cash sale, would prefer private seller with title in hand.

email me year/trans/color combo/miles/condition/additional info to:

rijowysock@gmail.com

Last edited by rijowysock; 04-03-2013 at 02:01 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:21 AM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Good luck in finding the car you want , don't dismiss a brown interior.
It is really different than beige.

Is it to replace the GTR that replaced the 991 ? Or have you already sold the GTR and are already on to an other car ? Haven't been following your car adventures lately.

Anyway, I hope the turbo 997 will keep you satisfied for a somewhat longer time
Old 03-19-2013, 04:35 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Denis with his turbo
Good luck in finding the car you want , don't dismiss a brown interior.
It is really different than beige.

Is it to replace the GTR that replaced the 991 ? Or have you already sold the GTR and are already on to an other car ? Haven't been following your car adventures lately.

Anyway, I hope the turbo 997 will keep you satisfied for a somewhat longer time
i actually like the other browns, just not the beige...

the GTR was sold in november, I sold it because my Atom came in.. but recently sold atom and bought back the GTR. (Having doors/windshield is NOT overrated)

where it gets complicated is I found a vehicle out west I really wanted, agreed on price with dealer and subsequently agreed to sell the GTR over weekend... the dealer came back today saying they made a mistake on pricing and cannot offer the car at agreed price. I could null the agreement on GTR but not going to leave buyer hanging.

so.. on the hunt again, looking for something to keep me busy until the 2014 offerings start showing up...

cliffs notes: i'm exhausted.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:26 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi rijowysocks, off topic i know but just out of curiosity which of the two did you find less interesting over the period of ownership? The 991 PDK or the GTR?
Old 03-19-2013, 01:35 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by speed21
Hi rijowysocks, off topic i know but just out of curiosity which of the two did you find less interesting over the period of ownership? The 991 PDK or the GTR?
They are different beasts.

If the 991 had the GTR power it would be best

If the GTR had the 991 interior it would be a bargain

The 991 was fun to drive but lacking power, the GTR is a rocket ship but lacks soul.

Lets pretend mine were both 2012 and both 90k. I would probably say for the money spent I would rather have the 991 because it just has more value to it, drives better, more fun on twisties. That Being said the GTR is An amazing car but will never be a 911.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:58 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock

The 991 was fun to drive but lacking power, the GTR is a rocket ship but lacks soul.

Lets pretend mine were both 2012 and both 90k. I would probably say for the money spent I would rather have the 991 because it just has more value to it, drives better, more fun on twisties. That Being said the GTR is An amazing car but will never be a 911.
Interesting.. Thanks for those insights...
Old 03-19-2013, 10:52 PM
speed21
Banned

Thanks. I felt much the same but was interested to hear from someone who had owned these two vehicles beyond just a test drive.

I guess the 991tt will be the solution...

I also found the manual 991 more involving as a sports type car over the PDK car. I guess if you haven't ticked a 997tt box yet then i would try for a manual if you are looking to max out the involvement factor. The car will need a few minor mods as well but i would try to get one unmodified and work from there rather than something that has already been messed about with.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:12 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Thanks. I felt much the same but was interested to hear from someone who had owned these two vehicles beyond just a test drive.

I guess the 991tt will be the solution...

I also found the manual 991 more involving as a sports type car over the PDK car. I guess if you haven't ticked a 997tt box yet then i would try for a manual if you are looking to max out the involvement factor. The car will need a few minor mods as well but i would try to get one unmodified and work from there rather than something that has already been messed about with.
i really loved my 997.2 PDK and 991 PDK, but i do remember how involved it was to drive my 997.1 M/T... really made you feel one with the vehicle and the clutch was a breeze even in heavy traffic...

i'm not fan of prior mods, found a great TT local at dealer but someone removed the stock PCM and replaced with a touch screen headunit (blasphemy!).

right now my (discombobulated) thoughts are:

2009 Exige S260 (22 delivered in 09', full carbon interior/roof/doors/scoops/accesspanels/hatch/wing from factory.. great car.

2008 Aston Vantage Coupe/Cab (leaning Coupe), 4.3L versus the 4.7L but a slow car regardless...

2007/08 997.1TT, coupe only... 480hp and want manual (not a tiptronic fan except on 958 cayenne)

2006/07 Bentley Continental GT coupe... W12, great car..

the downsides to the first 2 is i still need a 4 seater to accompany (another/nother cayenne) or something else fun with 4 seats.

the upside to 911TT/Bentley is sporty/fun and 4 seats so i dont really need something else..

i wish the macan was this may and not next may otherwise thats a quick solution to any qualms... another downer is a good friend of mine JUST sold his pristine 08' 911TT for 67,5!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:29 AM
speed21
Banned

i really loved my 997.2 PDK and 991 PDK, but i do remember how involved it was to drive my 997.1 M/T... really made you feel one with the vehicle and the clutch was a breeze even in heavy traffic...

i'm not fan of prior mods, found a great TT local at dealer but someone removed the stock PCM and replaced with a touch screen headunit (blasphemy!).

right now my (discombobulated) thoughts are:

2009 Exige S260 (22 delivered in 09', full carbon interior/roof/doors/scoops/accesspanels/hatch/wing from factory.. great car.

2008 Aston Vantage Coupe/Cab (leaning Coupe), 4.3L versus the 4.7L but a slow car regardless...

2007/08 997.1TT, coupe only... 480hp and want manual (not a tiptronic fan except on 958 cayenne)

2006/07 Bentley Continental GT coupe... W12, great car..

the downsides to the first 2 is i still need a 4 seater to accompany (another/nother cayenne) or something else fun with 4 seats.

the upside to 911TT/Bentley is sporty/fun and 4 seats so i dont really need something else..

i wish the macan was this may and not next may otherwise thats a quick solution to any qualms... another downer is a good friend of mine JUST sold his pristine 08' 911TT for 67,5!
Well you have a lot of good choices for sure. I agree that a 911 with the head unit swapped has essentially ruined that car. Why on earth people do things like that i will never understand. I think if 4 seats is in the equation then maybe the 911 may not be the best choice.....maybe the Bentley or Aston... It depends on which boxes you haven't ticked yet. You obviously change your cars a lot so no harm being a little adventurous..
Old 03-20-2013, 06:04 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Well you have a lot of good choices for sure. I agree that a 911 with the head unit swapped has essentially ruined that car. Why on earth people do things like that i will never understand. I think if 4 seats is in the equation then maybe the 911 may not be the best choice.....maybe the Bentley or Aston... It depends on which boxes you haven't ticked yet. You obviously change your cars a lot so no harm being a little adventurous..
now if everyone would stop ordering silver turbos! lol ... seriously 3 out of every 5 cars i see for sale are silver.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:57 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TURBO...t_40929wt_1182

if only it was not tan interior! (why can't they order terracotta!)

i've driven a few Tip's and never a fan, but anyone have direct experience on 997TT? the tip's in past just felt jerky and slow...

another gorgeous 997TT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turbo...t_19335wt_1182

love the interior, but just not sure about Tiptronic... have had 997 cab and i liked it, great how it goes up/down at speed...
Old 03-20-2013, 10:36 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 550 Likes on 311 Posts

(Having doors/windshield is NOT overrated)

cliffs notes: i'm exhausted.
ME TOO!!

You hit the nail on the head

Saw one this weekend that took my breath away!!
now if everyone would stop ordering silver turbos! lol ... seriously 3 out of every 5 cars i see for sale are silver.
X 1 MILLION!!
BEAUTY
Old 03-20-2013, 11:05 PM
BigBen97
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It took me a few months to find mine. My top two colors were white and blue. Once I test drove a cobalt blue car I was sold.

Here's a white one at the dealership where I first saw cobalt blue: 2007 997TT I hope that isn't the one out west

For the local one you could always do the PCM3 upgrade to go back to stock and sell the AM touch screen.

Also saw this 2008 997TT Carrera White in FL.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:44 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by BigBen97
It took me a few months to find mine. My top two colors were white and blue. Once I test drove a cobalt blue car I was sold.

Here's a white one at the dealership where I first saw cobalt blue: 2007 997TT I hope that isn't the one out west

For the local one you could always do the PCM3 upgrade to go back to stock and sell the AM touch screen.

Also saw this 2008 997TT Carrera White in FL.
both links pop back a DNS error, can you tell me dealership names so i can search that route? please..

thank you.

my usual dealer has 2 turbo's in stock, great price. BOTH SILVER!!..

why they can't at least be grey.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:57 AM
BigBen97
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

both links pop back a DNS error, can you tell me dealership names so i can search that route? please..

thank you.

my usual dealer has 2 turbo's in stock, great price. BOTH SILVER!!..

why they can't at least be grey.
I guess I fail at the Internet tonight. First is Walter Porsche in Riverside, CA; http://walters.porschedealer.com/. Second is Driving Emotion in Lake Park, FL; http://www.drivingemotions.com/

Both found on cars.com, the Walter one has pictures on cars.com but not their site. The other one has more pictures on their own site.

Quick Reply: WTB: 997 TT, (997.1 MT, or 997.2 MT/PDK)