Sponsored by:

Keeping the TT

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 01:05 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rrm
This is an off base question that I throw out to all...my wife has a 2005 XKR that she has had for 8years...I originally leased it but she liked it so much we bought it after the lease expired. I am going to force her to get a new one but I have heard that in 2014 there will be an all new XKR but I can find out nothing about it. Have any of you heard anything about the next (2014) XKR?rrm
No idea brother...
Old 02-27-2013, 01:40 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Yep! Then your white beauty can stay the princess she is.. Let the Cayman do the dirty work... Track work really beats up cars.. Would like to have a car dedicated to track.. Then I wouldn't be freaking out all the time about the TT..
Old 02-27-2013, 09:52 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by phillipj
Yep! Then your white beauty can stay the princess she is.. Let the Cayman do the dirty work... Track work really beats up cars.. Would like to have a car dedicated to track.. Then I wouldn't be freaking out all the time about the TT..
Yes I agree, I'll see how it goes I've been out on track before just not with my own car. It's an awesome experience so..... ???? Have no idea whats next.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:48 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Having the TT picked up tomorrow for paint (polish, buff wax) and the interior detailed properly. Next is the rear CF diffuser and GT2 skirts. Then later the 19 OZ wheels in graphite..

Might add this too. My plastic is pretty scuffed (even though I'm careful with it.)
http://www.macarbon.com/components/c...53d0d5913c.jpg

Oh yeah... And ANOTHER spoiler lip...

She's happy she is staying with me...

Last edited by phillipj; 02-28-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:08 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Having the TT picked up tomorrow for paint (polish, buff wax) and the interior detailed properly. Next is the rear CF diffuser and GT2 skirts. Then later the 19 OZ wheels in graphite..

Might add this too. My plastic is pretty scuffed (even though I'm careful with it.)
http://www.macarbon.com/components/c...53d0d5913c.jpg

Oh yeah... And ANOTHER spoiler lip...

She's happy she is staying with me...
Nice take pics of before's afters, Im sure you'll feel better keeping it after shes' clean, it's like getting a haircut or a new pair of Jordans.

which rear diffuser??? I have the matt graphite oz's they're pretty good looking wheels.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:20 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Originally Posted by eurotom
Nice take pics of before's afters, Im sure you'll feel better keeping it after shes' clean, it's like getting a haircut or a new pair of Jordans.

which rear diffuser??? I have the matt graphite oz's they're pretty good looking wheels.

The same diffuser you and Art have. Yeah there was a black Cayman here yesterday with those 19 inch graphite Superlagerra OZ wheels. They are sweet!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:22 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

The same diffuser you and Art have. Yeah there was a black Cayman here yesterday with those 19 inch graphite Superlagerra OZ wheels. They are sweet!
Talk to Art about the crap he's dealing with on his install. Mine had similar issues but not near the magnitude of Arts.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:40 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Talk to Art about the crap he's dealing with on his install. Mine had similar issues but not near the magnitude of Arts.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:41 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Originally Posted by eurotom
Oh really? I'll do the other mods first. Sorry to hear that. The old aftermarket fitment issue... I hate that.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:09 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

That's good news Phillip. I a sure after a nice pamper she will even feel faster. You know wax improves aerodynamics and the way it sheers the wind! Kidding. But it's always to have a good as new car.

You should consider painting some bits in carbon it's so much cheaper than the real thing and it looks great. For a fraction of the cost. I will try to take pics of my partners car, he just did a bunch. I know carbon is cool but paying a few thousand for it isn't. Here is a matte version of my Abarth bumper and the 997 TT air ducts. The shiny version looks very close to the part you posted in your link.

Oh look what I found this from a guy that does carbon painting here in Greece

Rear diffuser Renault Clio in shiny carbon paint

And another of shiny carbon paint
Old 02-28-2013, 06:33 PM
phillipj
Drifting

That is awesome! Can you send me more info on that? The shiny is Amazing! And you can paint on plastic?
Old 02-28-2013, 07:01 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Yes on plastic. I don't have any info to post I am afraid other than work of such people here in Greece. Lets see if someone has seen such painting in the US and can help you. I can't imagine a process being done here and not there?!!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:31 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Phillip before you consider the same diffuser I bought read my thread over on 6sp

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...-diffuser.html

If I had to do it over again I'd just buy the techart piece and call it a day
Old 03-01-2013, 03:10 AM
TWTURBO
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 9 Posts

carbon fiber paint wow,never heard about that before

Last edited by TWTURBO; 03-01-2013 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:18 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Check this out.. Incredibly simple. Google this technique. I just posted one. There are some people creating amazing results. And it's so simple!!!

Quick Reply: Keeping the TT