Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

champion tuning

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 01:39 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Totally agree Nick.. No reason to respond to a simple question with an attitude..
Old 01-25-2013, 06:11 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys doubt what Champion has designed, I tell you the results of my build, the same as the yellow GT2 (mechanically a twin) that Champion built,which is available on line here and also your favorite 6speed site, and then I get silly questions doubting the output. Then you get all bitchy when I answer short, stupid questions with appropriate answers. Don't like my answers, then get them from Champion directly, they have provided FAR MORE data than any other tuner/builder. I am no automotive engineer, I'm just an end user, and quite frankly I doubt any of you really comprehend automotive engineering either. So I that regard we are all exactly the same, regurgitating theories, numbers, thoughts, and minutae that may or may not have any bearing on the preconceived decisions you have already made.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:01 AM
Red9
Racer

Originally Posted by Nick Wong
You guys doubt what Champion has designed, I tell you the results of my build, the same as the yellow GT2 (mechanically a twin) that Champion built,which is available on line here and also your favorite 6speed site, and then I get silly questions doubting the output. Then you get all bitchy when I answer short, stupid questions with appropriate answers. Don't like my answers, then get them from Champion directly, they have provided FAR MORE data than any other tuner/builder. I am no automotive engineer, I'm just an end user, and quite frankly I doubt any of you really comprehend automotive engineering either. So I that regard we are all exactly the same, regurgitating theories, numbers, thoughts, and minutae that may or may not have any bearing on the preconceived decisions you have already made.
Where do you get anyone doubting what you said?Your seeing more in the simple question than was there. Your paranoi is from another thread at another time when you were sprouting( spruiking?) the theory of the possibility of what was possible with VTGs.
My question here-- was of how the HP number was achieved-- not too difficult to list supporting mods and/or create a link to where details may have been posted.
Even in your post here--you lace your words with insulting language-- and as someone else said-- condacending nonsense-- no one asked about the mathematical equations involved or the theory of turbocharging-- and as for not understanding automotive engineering-well-- your the one not answering a very basic question. I resisted responding previously with a "I presume you don't know with an answer like that"--but chose to let it slide --in the interests of not diverting the thread( someone else's thread). You chose to reply and respond -- no one forced you to-- the least you could do after choosing to post in thread was to answer the questions about what you posted.Now you come again to make an inflammatory and provocative post.
Last-- I remember reading your previous churlish, childish responses when challenged about technical issues-- you sought then to be obtuse and a cry baby when you did not like the questions and were incapable of discussing technical issues.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:32 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Red9
Where do you get anyone doubting what you said?Your seeing more in the simple question than was there. Your paranoi is from another thread at another time when you were sprouting( spruiking?) the theory of the possibility of what was possible with VTGs.
My question here-- was of how the HP number was achieved-- not too difficult to list supporting mods and/or create a link to where details may have been posted.
Even in your post here--you lace your words with insulting language-- and as someone else said-- condacending nonsense-- no one asked about the mathematical equations involved or the theory of turbocharging-- and as for not understanding automotive engineering-well-- your the one not answering a very basic question. I resisted responding previously with a "I presume you don't know with an answer like that"--but chose to let it slide --in the interests of not diverting the thread( someone else's thread). You chose to reply and respond -- no one forced you to-- the least you could do after choosing to post in thread was to answer the questions about what you posted.Now you come again to make an inflammatory and provocative post.
Last-- I remember reading your previous churlish, childish responses when challenged about technical issues-- you sought then to be obtuse and a cry baby when you did not like the questions and were incapable of discussing technical issues.
Well said Red9..

The questions were not "stupid". They were straight forward.

And the answers were far from "appropriate". Your posts are rude and inflammatory. With all the HP claims out there from the aftermarket why are members questions "stupid"? You made a HP claim.. All people wanted to know was how that figure was achieved. How is that a stupid question? No one "doubted" what Champion had designed..

And apparently none of us have "automotive engineering" knowledge at the extremely high level that you possess. Maybe someday with Gods help we can get to your level.. Then we won't dare question your claims.

Last edited by phillipj; 01-26-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:33 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys dont even waste your breath/finger power on Mr wong he is just a waste of time!!!

P.S. I do agree with you guys though
Old 01-26-2013, 06:57 PM
gt32
AutoX

Nick , the question I would like answered is if anyone has verified 60-130 times , 1/4 mile times and 1 mile top speeds with the 65 or 68 vtg kit from Champion. No one is doubting the numbers on the dyno but as you are probably aware that most tuners have owners who have real numbers in performance and we all know that dyno numbers can be manipulated ( not that we believe Champion has) but real street time data would help !!basically , get to a track and get your claims verified with real numbers!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:03 PM
rrm
Advanced

Default hi oct

Originally Posted by Nick Wong
FYI, posted from somewhere else on the interwebz...

FYI my car with the OE block still produced over 670whp on street fuel (93 octane, similar to your UK 98 octane) and had no loss of power on the track at either high or low ambient temps from 45F through 90+F so I would call this heat soak issue a non factor with the Champion Motorsport kits.
Can any one tell me where in Austin, Texas you can purchase higher than 93....rrm
Old 01-27-2013, 01:46 AM
pete95zhn
Former Vendor

Received 110 Likes on 63 Posts

I could have bought 840 crankHP, but wheelHP...

Quick Reply: champion tuning