Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok so heres my dilemma...opinons??

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012 | 03:05 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
There's a huge difference between a whole sale price and a nice well optioned, no story,appropriately serviced and well taken care cars.

Just 'coz the whole sale price is mid 60's doesn't mean all 07's should be a low 70's cars

We can go on and on about the pricing as we do every few weeks but low priced cars always have some sort of issues/stories which doesn't matter to majority of people but nice cars would always be priced higher,period.
agree 100% on this. I think the internet is an excellent tool to help establish a reasonable price range because you can "see" many many cars quickly and compare price and options etc. but there is no substitute to seeing the vehicles in person. that's when the true condition reveals itself

For example, a car with 10K miles may have worn seats and bolsters, dry leather and road rash on the front bumper (which may not be evident in the online pics), whereas a car that's been well maintained with 20K miles may have a pristine interior with supple leather seats and a clear bra that's kept the bumper and hood looking new.

Now both cars may be priced the same, but without seeing them in person you could argue the car with 20K miles should be cheaper and therefore pass up a superior specimen purely based on internet searches.
Old 12-29-2012 | 03:48 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Originally Posted by r_matt_6
White on black single owner Cali car with PCCB, sport chrono, adaptive seats, painted seat backs, carbon wheel and door sills, etc.. with an original sticker price of $159k with nice add-ons too! Upgrades were performed at Sharkwerks. This is my car in the link..

http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/997-tu...rt-wheels.html
That is a gorgeous car.. Congrats! I'm waiting for a white one to replace my black one. Love the Tech Art wheels on a white TT.. Very sweet..
Old 12-29-2012 | 03:54 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
What makes you think a car with all those options with 22K miles is worth 70?

+1 C2..

What is it with people who want TT's? Do TT's expire when they get 50k miles on them? It's a freaking car for Gods sake.

22k miles is high mileage? Have you not seen the thread on the 996TT forum with a TT that has over 300k miles with the original turbos clutch and tranny?.

It's a Porsche not an old Ferrari. It's meant to be driven. Buy it... Drive it.. Then get another one...That's why I work..

Like aa909 said.. I higher mile car can be a much better deal that a lower mile car.. Just based on the way it has been treated.

My car has 61k on it.. I don't care about it's resale..When I get tired of it I'll trade it in and get another one..

I just drove a friends 08 TT with 9k miles on it. My 07 feels just as new and just as tight..

If anyone thinks these cars are an investment they are going to be sorely dissapointed..

There I feel better...
Old 12-29-2012 | 06:46 PM
Boeing 717

Just to clarify i dont think 22000 is high mileage its just MORE than I want, but not too high for me to not consider. Every Porsche I've owned except for the Cayenne has had over 50k miles and for once I want something as close to new as possible.

Last edited by Boeing 717; 12-29-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-29-2012 | 07:20 PM
mm450exc
Instructor

Keep looking Jerry. The right car might just be around the corner.

I looked for quite some time and found the perfect machine. Impossible to find a better one!
Old 12-29-2012 | 09:59 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Keep looking, there are good ones out there, like mine w 3k miles at 82.
Old 12-29-2012 | 10:20 PM
Boeing 717

Just tell me how to convince the wife to let me go to 82000 and I'll have a car by Monday!!!

Anyone know this car??? If he came down to 72 I could swing it. Only thing I'd have to do is get rid of tint.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
Old 12-29-2012 | 11:34 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Now, that one I like!
Adaptives, a lot of nice leather options. LSD?
Make the offer, they wanna move that car by Jan 1, I'm sure.
Old 12-30-2012 | 10:46 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

While we are at it Jerry whats the story with your avatar pic woman? Cmon spill the beans. Way too many versions of her over time to be a model you came across on the net.

Like that last car too... One picture troubles me where the wheel seems to be red.

This was an option in some cars, color coded turbo factory wheels, but have never seen it in red. That pic must be from another car. Its an interesting option. Here it is on a cobalt car.
Old 12-30-2012 | 11:36 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

I suggest you keep shopping and consider a CPO car with a warranty. I would search the pre-owned section of the Porsche web site.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/approvedused/usedcarlocator/

It's the end of the month and heading to January, you will find willing dealers at this time of year.

Here are 27 for you to evaluate:

http://ucl.porsche.de/ucl/plsql/usa/...H3MDUL&styp_=s

Last edited by Bob in NY; 12-30-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-30-2012 | 11:53 AM
Macster
Race Director

Originally Posted by Boeing 717
Just tell me how to convince the wife to let me go to 82000 and I'll have a car by Monday!!!

Anyone know this car??? If he came down to 72 I could swing it. Only thing I'd have to do is get rid of tint.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
Colorful.

A google search of the VIN finds the car has been offered for sale at various places, for instance at a Dodge/Chrysler dealership (Siatta Trudeau) in Pahrump NV., and Tempe AZ.

I'm always a bit suspicious when a car moves around a bit. Why has it not sold?

While one might point out the color works against the car -- I happen to like the color -- that's too easy.

Do your research!
Old 12-30-2012 | 05:28 PM
Boeing 717

Originally Posted by dianic
While we are at it Jerry whats the story with your avatar pic woman? Cmon spill the beans. Way too many versions of her over time to be a model you came across on the net.

Like that last car too... One picture troubles me where the wheel seems to be red.

This was an option in some cars, color coded turbo factory wheels, but have never seen it in red. That pic must be from another car. Its an interesting option. Here it is on a cobalt car.
The wheels were red on the inside of the spokes and it was advertized like that for the last month, dealer said they had them powder coated black because everyone who saw the car in person was turned away by all the red.
Girl in avatar is my wife.....the dictator not letting me spend what I want on this car!!!!
Old 12-30-2012 | 05:39 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Girl in avatar is my wife.....the dictator not letting me spend what I want on this car!!!!
we've all been there, but you need to get creative on what the car "costs"
Old 12-30-2012 | 05:45 PM
Michael_Philippi
Racer

No question, the second car. Way nicer looking!

Michael
Old 12-31-2012 | 06:45 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Ahh Jerry you are not getting it! You have a beautiful wife who you absolutely adore as she has been your only avatar since I have been here, and I have been around a few years as you can see! Would you be happier if you could spend $100k on the car but have a wife that looked like a gremlin with a big wart on the face? LOL. Wives are not dictators my friend. You are the monarch, the wife is the general. Kids are foot soldiers. Aunts and grandparents the cavalry. LOL. With no general in place, the monarch is always overthrown.

still laughing at the wart on the face. Jerry I am sure things will fall into place, my best wishes for 2013!

Quick Reply: Ok so heres my dilemma...opinons??