Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about this car.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Boeing 717

Received 262 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Question about this car.

If one were to buy this car how hard would it be to get rid of the red on the airvents, PCM console and that red strip above the glove box???? Is that major surgery to get that stuff out??

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=6&Log=0

Thanks
Old 12-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

Expensive to remove and replace that stuff. I actually like it. Looks great on THAT car. Someone really optioned this car out. Very low miles.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Boeing 717

Yea I think price is negotiable and would be a great buy with those miles but man thats just too much red. And I would have to change the wheels, smoked tail lights and the red vents and pcm area. Just wondering if its worth all the trouble.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:08 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Not difficult with right tools.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:17 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The PCM face paint exercise is very tough. Talk to Eric about it, he will give you an idea. Skandalis has done that to his car, and it was a bxxtch to take apart he said.

A lot of people pay very good money for these options, and my thought is that if you remove them, potentially you are altering the spec of the car... But then again if its a keeper then who cares right?

To be honest the black wheel also troubles me with all the red in there as well, as the black on tan two tone is one I havent seen often. The wheels are OZ's which is a good thing. You could sell those, along with the red PCM for good money. It would be much cheaper to find someone who wants these red accents in the car, and swap with him the PCM and vents, plus cash!. The smoked lights I wouldnt bet that they would fetch any decent money, especially with the leds flying around. The cash from the wheels and red stuff I would consider swapping the wheel for either a .2 or a DMT wheel, possibly in sand, and would do the whole black top of the dash in alcantara!

Of all the red stuff in the interior, I would consider keeping the belts and center console for sure, and perhaps the stripe across the dash. I think its a nice touch.
Good luck!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Boeing 717

Originally Posted by dianic
The PCM face paint exercise is very tough. Talk to Eric about it, he will give you an idea. Skandalis has done that to his car, and it was a bxxtch to take apart he said.

A lot of people pay very good money for these options, and my thought is that if you remove them, potentially you are altering the spec of the car... But then again if its a keeper then who cares right?

To be honest the black wheel also troubles me with all the red in there as well, as the black on tan two tone is one I havent seen often. The wheels are OZ's which is a good thing. You could sell those, along with the red PCM for good money. It would be much cheaper to find someone who wants these red accents in the car, and swap with him the PCM and vents, plus cash!. The smoked lights I wouldnt bet that they would fetch any decent money, especially with the leds flying around. The cash from the wheels and red stuff I would consider swapping the wheel for either a .2 or a DMT wheel, possibly in sand, and would do the whole black top of the dash in alcantara!

Of all the red stuff in the interior, I would consider keeping the belts and center console for sure, and perhaps the stripe across the dash. I think its a nice touch.
Good luck!
Thanks man. I was thinking the same keep the center console and maybe just selling the ac unit, pcm and vents and replacing with stock, if I bought the car that is. Do you think someone would be willing to trade those wheels for stock ones??
Old 12-28-2012, 07:29 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

oops all lights are tinted. The side turn signals are easy, the front turn signals also very expensive. I hope it is a tint like windows that you can remove. Perhaps good opportunity to go for the led conversion in front as well. Had mine done in Greece. For now, only person selling those there is vivid racing and I am not a fan unfortunately. Done properly its a perfect mod.

On the wheels, dont write stuff like that. Stock wheels are non desirable items that have asking price of $1500. Those seem like 20 inch OZ's which I am sure run a lot more - twice? Also figure if the wheels are 20's you will sell them with tires, and have to buy 19in tires. So there is your money difference spent.

Same for the PCM. To paint the face is serious cash. And the vents are an exclusive option. You should get stock plus some cash for these. Just my thoughts. You need to investigate and decide how much. Look up prices at Eric's site. Bumperplugs.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:57 PM
ballbearingturbo
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe it's me but I don't see the Sport Chrono gauge, which would mean no Sport Chrono package if I'm correct.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:15 AM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Got your stick?

Old 12-30-2012, 08:53 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Wow you are right. Boing this is not a good thing!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Boeing 717

Oh wow didnt even notice that. Thanks
Old 12-30-2012, 09:14 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Yea "boing" didn't you see that, bang man!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:15 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

now i am questioning whether all these accents are factory or after market. Someone who specs a car like that doesnt miss the SC...
Old 12-30-2012, 12:06 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Agree I would pass on it

Quick Reply: Question about this car.