Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 to 997.2 Steering wheel Swap Done!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2024, 12:37 AM
Nico.Hartono
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redefinedm3
Old post I know, BUT I am having an issue I think. The new wheel doesn't go on as far as the old wheel. It actually looks like the spline part of the wheel is deeper on the new one. Has nobody had this issue? Did I somehow get the wrong wheel? I already swapped the new electronic part out, but the wheel just doesn't sit back on as far as the factory one.

Stock Wheel:

New Wheel:

I actually have the same issue after the steering wheel swap. Any way to resolve the issue? Did i do something wrong during the installation? Is it dangerous to use the steering wheel in this condition (bolted)?
Old 04-27-2024, 01:44 PM
Chalaka
AutoX

Hi,

can you share a bit more on the process?

does it mean, the new module(997.613.289.01) needs to be coded first, then to select individual functions to activate ?

i have Foxwell NT510, wondering what menu/steps i need to do to get that module coded?

hope someone can help~~

currently stuck at the stage that, Horn works, clear all the codes, PSM working ..
but paddles and OBC stalk / cruise control not working
Old 05-01-2024, 11:12 PM
Chalaka
AutoX

Originally Posted by Chalaka
Hi,

can you share a bit more on the process?

does it mean, the new module(997.613.289.01) needs to be coded first, then to select individual functions to activate ?

i have Foxwell NT510, wondering what menu/steps i need to do to get that module coded?

hope someone can help~~

currently stuck at the stage that, Horn works, clear all the codes, PSM working ..
but paddles and OBC stalk / cruise control not working
didn't see the option to edit existing post, so to follow up on my own issue:
- i switched back to old switch control module.
- OBC stalk is working, horn is still working
- current assumption is that new control module needs to be coded with VIN? or meaning, to perform the "handhover" process under PIWIS
- so waiting for the deliver of ebay-sold PIWIS, and will try the "handover" process described by GPS website and report back.

Quick Reply: 997.1 to 997.2 Steering wheel Swap Done!