Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To the Children, Families, Staff and Teachers of Newtown Ct.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 02:27 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts
Default To the Children, Families, Staff and Teachers of Newtown Ct.

Yesterday was a very tumultuous day here in Connecticut. I live and have my practice not far from where this tragic event occurred and thank God no one we knew directly, patients or staff where involved. One of my staff members who happens to live in Sandy Hook was safe with her family. Send out your prayers to the families involved especially around this time of the year when we are supposed to be happy and cheerful. It puts into perspective sometimes when we are so over whelmed with our cars that if we notice a scratch or a ding from a rock chip or errant car door, we go into a frenzy. All of these things can be fixed. What happened yesterday in Ct can never be repaired. Pray and cherish the gifts God has given you, and be thankful for all that He has done in your lives, because there are families this Christmas that will need more love and holding than you could ever imagine.

Jay
Old 12-15-2012, 02:33 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

Amen
Old 12-15-2012, 05:04 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ23
Yesterday was a very tumultuous day here in Connecticut. I live and have my practice not far from where this tragic event occurred and thank God no one we knew directly, patients or staff where involved. One of my staff members who happens to live in Sandy Hook was safe with her family. Send out your prayers to the families involved especially around this time of the year when we are supposed to be happy and cheerful. It puts into perspective sometimes when we are so over whelmed with our cars that if we notice a scratch or a ding from a rock chip or errant car door, we go into a frenzy. All of these things can be fixed. What happened yesterday in Ct can never be repaired. Pray and cherish the gifts God has given you, and be thankful for all that He has done in your lives, because there are families this Christmas that will need more love and holding than you could ever imagine.

Jay
complete nightmare. when these things happen it is always tragic, but this one was truly on another level of horror when you realize this nut job killed 20 little children ages 5 & 6 yrs old. Senseless. as a father I don't know how these parents go on, I just wish them the strength to endure.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 212 Posts

Can't imagine. God bless them...
Old 12-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 910 Likes on 548 Posts

Well said Jay.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,267 Likes on 585 Posts

Thanks Jay for this. It does put in perspective that there are many things with far higher value that the cars we obsess so much over. Thoughts are with the families...

Last edited by Zeus993; 12-17-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:54 AM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very well put Jay. We spent several minutes yesterday at breakfast talking about what all of the families must be going through. Prayers to all.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:57 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 184 Posts

Very sad to hear that and our prayers are with the families.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:39 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Very sad
Old 12-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,267 Likes on 585 Posts

I'll bet 10-1 that the shooter was on psych drugs. They're bad news. Period. It's actually not about guns.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:41 AM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
I'll bet 10-1 that the shooter was on psych drugs. They're bad news. Period. It's actually not about guns.
The reason a nut case kills 20 little children is beyond explanation, and if he didn't have an assault rifle many of these kids would be alive today. The coroner confirmed this lunatic used an assault rifle to mow down these kids.

We're never going to outlaw guns in the US and we're never going to stop nuts like this who are hell bent on causing harm, but automatic weapons exponentially increase the carnage. If this guy had to stop and reload a manual handgun it would have given an adult time to wrestle him down and time for those kids to get out.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:13 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I was in Texas on business when I heard the news.. I thought I was going to throw up.. Seriously.. Good bless those children and those poor mourning families... My brain just doesn't know what to do with this....Yeah Art I have to agree.. The assault rifle thing just makes no sense...
Old 12-18-2012, 06:46 PM
ricster
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live not far from this as well, its sickening that a mother that knew her son was a problem would have guns around him. From all reports it seems his own brother (ryan) didnt want anything to do with him as he said he had not seen him since 2010. God bless those who lost loved ones.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:50 PM
Glenmhor 1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happened here in Scotland a few years ago, the children are an easy target. It's hard to imagine the fear of these teachers and children. The agony of parents who knew they weren't there to protect their kids must be beyond description.

Not wanting to offend as I live in a Gun free zone but anyone with a firearm in this context is virtually unstoppable. Even if there was someone with equal fire power present lives would still be lost. The same guy with a knife or baseball bat would not be able to do a tenth of the damage he did. look at the stats for Gun deaths in the USA in contrast to the same stats in a gun free country, surely they speak volumes. The killer in Scandanavia last year was the same. The power of the gun was the reason so many died that day also.

Anyway it's a discussion for another time for sure, not that I have any right to comment, just trying to make sense of it all.

As P. Obama said, God called them home, I don't understand why but those things are beyond human understanding.

God help the families involved.

R.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:25 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Very deeply saddened by this horrific incident. Its even more sad to know that this may not be the last time that something as tragic as this would happen.

Quick Reply: To the Children, Families, Staff and Teachers of Newtown Ct.