Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a dealer might pay for 12 TTS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 12:35 AM
tguaturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a dealer might pay for 12 TTS?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After one year of true pleasure as my dd and one drag strip run using launch control and one 25 min session at my local track, I have sold my beloved 997.2 TTS.

A few life circumstances arouse over the past 2 weeks, mainly that I bought the car with out my wifes 100% approval so it just seemed like the right thing to do was to unload it. The car had 7,200 miles and was a 174k msrp car that I picked up new for $161,500 and got all the money on my 08 Cayeene TT as trade. I drove up to Beachwood Porsche to make the deal happen from San Antonio.

I was offered as low as 120k from Park Place in Dallas, 130k from Porsche of North Houston and 130k from my local dealer here in SA. I countered them back with 134k and the need I had for them to perform an "in out" on a 996GT3 I had just bought but not titled or paid taxes on. The tax money saved was $3k and I owed 127k on the car so I realized a bit of cash and a quick sale which was important to me.

My original plan was to sell my 03 tt protomotive tuned pe650 car that is listed on all the sites to replenish my cash out put paid on the gt3 but then this came up so even though I sold a car I really loved, when I got in my 03 tt today, most of the sorrow was gone. I will likely keep the 03 tt unless someone wanted to give me my full asking price which I hope does not happen soon.

For a split second, the day I was to consumate the deal on my TTS, a buyer called on my 03 but did not pull the trigger fast enough. An earlier buyer also contacted me today who had seen the car 2 weeks ago and I let him know I would likely keep the car.

I am hoping that in 4-5 more years after the 991TT and TTS come out, I will be able to get back into another 997.2 TTS but this time with mamma bears blessing and this time it will be the color I originally wanted but could not get at the price I wanted to pay. WHITE.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:14 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,283 Likes on 594 Posts

Life is a flow my friend. Good for you on making a tough decision and that it works out for you. Families are important. I think there is going to be a flood of good 997.2’s in the years ahead so before long you'll be back in the game. See you again soon...
P.s. the 996 TT is an awesome car in its own right. It IS the best of the 996 and I believe carries 'classic' status.

Last edited by Zeus993; 11-14-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:39 AM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tguaturbo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this time it will be the color I originally wanted but could not get at the price I wanted to pay. WHITE.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 AM
tguaturbo
Banned

thanks for the support! Here's to GREAT cars, GREAT families and GREAT wife's! She cried when she saw I was ready to dump it in a second and when I asked her why she was crying, she said, "this is the first time in 10 years I have felt that you love me more than your cars".

Needless to say I was shocked and replied, "honey, the cars have always only been seasoning on an already great life!"
Old 11-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,283 Likes on 594 Posts

thanks for the support! Here's to GREAT cars, GREAT families and GREAT wife's! She cried when she saw I was ready to dump it in a second and when I asked her why she was crying, she said, "this is the first time in 10 years I have felt that you love me more than your cars".

Needless to say I was shocked and replied, "honey, the cars have always only been seasoning on an already great life!"
Did you and I marry the same wife?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:06 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well that was a good reaction then justifying the decision wasn't it? Cheers my friend, that's what life long partnerships are about. Perhaps it gives some food for thought as to why she had that impression in the first place. Nicely done.
For you to have kept the 996 means that it is a special car. Time for a signature change as well. Enjoy.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:26 PM
LewisB
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Those women don't love you guys! C'mon!! True love is allowing individuality and expression and development of passion. Keep the car AND focus on your relationship. There's something mroe going on than the car. You are being held hostage emotionally and reduced to driving something less than you desire. Relationships ARE worth a lot. But not in the face of emotional blackmail!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:27 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Fortunetly my wife blesses my Porsche sickness.. She knows it makes me really happy. But I make sure that she is well taken care of as well. All of us have to deal with these things in our own way..

Sorry you had to part with your 997-2 TTS. Enjoy that 996.. And there will be many Porsches with turbochargerers in your future..
Old 11-15-2012, 12:18 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Louis it's all about balances in life. One must not take away from another. Balance is key everywhere. Money earn vs spent, love on things vs people, work vs play. Achieve that, and its perfect zen. :-)
Old 11-15-2012, 12:32 AM
inactiveuser1
Burning Brakes

Nice TTS and the 03 sounds like a great setup with the mods.
On that trip to the drags....what did the TTS run compared to what the magazines claim?
Still looking at 997TT.1's
Old 11-15-2012, 01:29 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by M928
Nice TTS and the 03 sounds like a great setup with the mods.
On that trip to the drags....what did the TTS run compared to what the magazines claim?
Still looking at 997TT.1's
10.79@129.12
1.58 60 ft
Old 11-15-2012, 01:34 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

I may have failed to mention, that a few weeks ago she did BLESS the purchase of a 996GT3 so I am not really hurting that bad with 2 GT1 block cars each to be used in different ways. It was a very nice process hunting for the 3 and buying it with her at my side.

We also, are partners in a business and she works her butt off every day as I do and she helped me build the business for the past 10 years in to what it is today. I spoil her rotten and buyer her anything she wants anytime, but that is not her primary love language as it is mine
Old 11-15-2012, 01:55 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I may have failed to mention, that a few weeks ago she did BLESS the purchase of a 996GT3 so I am not really hurting that bad with 2 GT1 block cars each to be used in different ways. It was a very nice process hunting for the 3 and buying it with her at my side.

We also, are partners in a business and she works her butt off every day as I do and she helped me build the business for the past 10 years in to what it is today. I spoil her rotten and buyer her anything she wants anytime, but that is not her primary love language as it is mine

Everything about that post is awesome...
Old 11-15-2012, 03:45 PM
inactiveuser1
Burning Brakes

+1 on the post
Thanks also on the answer about the ET on the car
Old 11-15-2012, 04:11 PM
rrm
Advanced

Default wifes

Good grief guys!!
What a bunch of pw'd husbands! I would NEVER let my relationship with my wife interfere with something I wanted. Believe me, the Romans had it right.
Ops, got to run I forgot to vacuum the carpet...rrm

Quick Reply: What a dealer might pay for 12 TTS?