Sponsored by:

What a dealer might pay for 12 TTS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012 | 04:16 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Originally Posted by rrm
Good grief guys!!
What a bunch of pw'd husbands! I would NEVER let my relationship with my wife interfere with something I wanted. Believe me, the Romans had it right.
Ops, got to run I forgot to vacuum the carpet...rrm
Old 11-16-2012 | 12:18 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by rrm
Good grief guys!!
What a bunch of pw'd husbands! I would NEVER let my relationship with my wife interfere with something I wanted. Believe me, the Romans had it right.
Ops, got to run I forgot to vacuum the carpet...rrm
The problem is only where the misses is all whip and no ***** .....obviously not the case with OP.....hence his preparedness to offload the car. Wise move i'd say.
That said I certainly wouldn't be risking my wife for the sake of any car, and i mean any type of car...

Now if ones case is as I initially stated then by all means you're inevitably better off keeping the car and asking the Dealer how much will he give you for the misses instead.....and cut your losses.... after all you will still be doing the vacuuming regardless
Old 11-16-2012 | 10:14 AM
tguaturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by speed21
The problem is only where the misses is all whip and no ***** .....obviously not the case with OP.....hence his preparedness to offload the car. Wise move i'd say.
That said I certainly wouldn't be risking my wife for the sake of any car, and i mean any type of car...

Now if ones case is as I initially stated then by all means you're inevitably better off keeping the car and asking the Dealer how much will he give you for the misses instead.....and cut your losses.... after all you will still be doing the vacuuming regardless
You nailed my situation right on the head with your interpretation on how it is and always has been for me. My cup has ALWAYS OVER FLOWETH in that dept.
Old 11-16-2012 | 10:29 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Army

speed21, you have all the outcomes covered.
Old 11-16-2012 | 03:25 PM
mårran
AutoX

Now for a nice comment by a rennlist newbie... Back in -99 when i met my wife, she had a nice -88 911 Carrera. My jaw dropped in a second and i was in love. Now after thirteen years, two daughters, one divorce, one reunion and one suprise bonus pregnancy(due date last saturday ) in june we decided to get a enthusiast car that would fit into our garage. We looked at a nice 2002 996 carrera2 with sports seats, LSD, sports suspension and stuff. After checking out the car and making an offer we got into our car and then the woman of my life said something i will never forget... "I think we need to look at a Turbo instead, that one looked a bit too.. booring...." There are women of every different kind, we all love them for what they are. If parting from the tt was something you guys needed then it was the perfect solution. No matter what people say, cars are just objects....

Just my five cents from Finland

Robin W
Old 11-16-2012 | 03:55 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mårran
Now for a nice comment by a rennlist newbie... Back in -99 when i met my wife, she had a nice -88 911 Carrera. My jaw dropped in a second and i was in love. Now after thirteen years, two daughters, one divorce, one reunion and one suprise bonus pregnancy(due date last saturday ) in june we decided to get a enthusiast car that would fit into our garage. We looked at a nice 2002 996 carrera2 with sports seats, LSD, sports suspension and stuff. After checking out the car and making an offer we got into our car and then the woman of my life said something i will never forget... "I think we need to look at a Turbo instead, that one looked a bit too.. booring...." There are women of every different kind, we all love them for what they are. If parting from the tt was something you guys needed then it was the perfect solution. No matter what people say, cars are just objects....

Just my five cents from Finland

Robin W
GREAT story Robin. Loved it. Good to hear about the reunion and the new baby. and now for a Turbo. All's well that ends well...
Old 11-16-2012 | 06:29 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Almost 50 years ago I met a girl from Finland who asked me what I wanted most at that moment.

Being young and confused, I said, "A Porsche".

She said no, what you want is a "tuli sul delma ilala silala". Or words to that effect.

I got what I wanted then. mårran can fill us in when he wakes up. Something like, a firey kiss under the bridge in the evening in the moonlight.

Now I have what I want now. Wonderful wife and family. Nice car too in the end.
Old 11-17-2012 | 02:09 AM
mårran
AutoX

Weird things tend to happen here in Finland Whatever the girl said seemed to work out fine! "Tulisuudelma illalla, sillan alla" could be close enough. And the translation was ...perfect...!

Robin W
Old 11-17-2012 | 07:36 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Old 11-18-2012 | 11:43 PM
08viper1
Instructor

Please,I would never sell my Porsche 911 TS over a woman.Go get another women.If she really loved you, she should car less what you want to drive.
Old 11-19-2012 | 10:21 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Well if you are married you would end up selling the Porsche and most everything else in a divorce. Having done that I know. GF's are less trouble and are not consulted in car transactions. :-) Wife decisions coming or going tend to make Porsches look cheap. Her new BF will be driving your Turbo.
Old 11-19-2012 | 10:52 AM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

997TTS to a 996GT3? not a bad downgrade...
Old 11-19-2012 | 07:21 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Originally Posted by carcommander
Well if you are married you would end up selling the Porsche and most everything else in a divorce. Having done that I know. GF's are less trouble and are not consulted in car transactions. :-) Wife decisions coming or going tend to make Porsches look cheap. Her new BF will be driving your Turbo.
Ouch... So true...

I would have never chosen to be with someone that dictated what I drive in the first place..

We both have our crazy sickness (hers being Louis Vuitton and Jewelry) and mine being P cars...It all works out..
Old 11-22-2012 | 07:30 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by nota_troll
997TTS to a 996GT3? not a bad downgrade...
Agreed, and don't forget, I still got to keep my 03 Protomotive 650 tt which 27k miles of which I have put 25,500 of them and cared and maintaned the car for 5 plus years.

When driving the 996 GT3 on the track, I forget all about the 2012 Turbo S.
Old 11-22-2012 | 07:37 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Well good for the local Porsche dealer. One week from them buying my car and I pull up and it is sitting under the delivery canopy SOLD! 10k in less than one week aint bad and I am happy for them and it was an altogether "win win".

They did my "in out" on the GT3 so I saved 3k in sales tax with the credit I had from the 134k trade in. Story is a man from Corpus Christi, TX came in to look to buy a new 2013 Boxter and then saw my Turbo S. They had not even put the price tag on the car which they certified so I guess that set them back 2k. They were going to ask 147,900 and he asked how much the car was and the salesman said around 150k. He said I will offer 145k and then he brought him the price sheet they were going to put on the car for 147,900 and salesman said he took it for 147,500.

Cool thing the salesman told me was that the first thing he wanted to know was how to use Launch Control! I was told he was in his 60's. I am happy for him.

Quick Reply: What a dealer might pay for 12 TTS?