Sponsored by:

Did the LED's

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 11:32 PM
jaykla
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phillipj
Here is a pic of the LED's in front.. The driving light and the side marker.. I thought the fog light bulbs came with the kit but it does not. i have ordered those and will install next week. I did the dome light and door lights and license plate lights.. I left the stock bulb in the engine compartment because the LED shuts off after a few seconds..

It looks really nice...
Where did you order the side markers and driving lights from?
I would like to get a set as well.
Thanks!
Old 11-04-2012, 03:45 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

From Maxspeed Motorsports. Click the "lighting" link.. The kit does not come with the fogs.. You have to order those separately...

http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/997turboparts.html
Old 11-04-2012, 07:15 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got finished with the fog lights and man are they a PITA.

The OEM set up has a long wire going from the bulb to a short wire in the housing and then a long ground wire from the housing to the bulb. This works well and makes installation easy because you have two long wire on each side and plenty of room to maneuver. With the LEDs you have to reverse polarity so you end up with two long wires on one side and a super short one on the other. This made it very challenging to insert and turn the LED bulb into place. I somehow got the passenger side bulb into place after about 15 minutes of play, but after nearly an hour struggling with the drivers side bulb I gave up and went to home depot, bought some crimp connectors and made my own 1" extension. Hooked that up and was done in 5 minutes

Highly recommend if you are buying these Fog lights pick up some of those crimp connectors and some wire just in case. will save you a ton of time

Art
Old 11-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Dino V
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks great!
Old 11-05-2012, 02:04 AM
Zero Cool
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aa909
I just got finished with the fog lights and man are they a PITA.

The OEM set up has a long wire going from the bulb to a short wire in the housing and then a long ground wire from the housing to the bulb. This works well and makes installation easy because you have two long wire on each side and plenty of room to maneuver. With the LEDs you have to reverse polarity so you end up with two long wires on one side and a super short one on the other. This made it very challenging to insert and turn the LED bulb into place. I somehow got the passenger side bulb into place after about 15 minutes of play, but after nearly an hour struggling with the drivers side bulb I gave up and went to home depot, bought some crimp connectors and made my own 1" extension. Hooked that up and was done in 5 minutes

Highly recommend if you are buying these Fog lights pick up some of those crimp connectors and some wire just in case. will save you a ton of time

Art
I ended up putting the housing in first then connecting the wires.

How do you like them?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:03 AM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Zero Cool
I ended up putting the housing in first then connecting the wires.

How do you like them?
that's what I ended up doing as well, so much easier with the little extension I made.

Well the fact that it took me 1.5 hrs and a home depot run I hate them

But after I got over it I think they look great and complete the look of the LED exterior conversion. I agree with you, these are definitely more for show vs giving a enough light to really be functional in serious fog conditions. But I bought them for the look and they do look great with the entire front LEDs on at night. and the license plate LEDs complete the set up as well. Will post a few pics after I upload them
Old 11-05-2012, 01:58 PM
jaykla
AutoX

Just ordered the parking lights and side markers in cool white. Looking forward to getting them! I'll try to post some before and after pics.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:39 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

all LED upfront and rear

plus new carbon fiber license plate frame
Old 11-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Dunkleblau S
Intermediate

What was the spec size and part for the DRL replacement? TIA
Old 11-07-2012, 12:52 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It looks great !! I would also consider a interior LED kit if you haven't already. It comes with all the necessary lights to transform your interior and a step by step install process. For more information Click Here.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:55 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Already done.. I mixed the OEM ceter "warm" light in the dome with blue LEDs for the map lights. I thought all LED was too much.. Really nice on the doors though..
Old 11-07-2012, 04:39 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by phillipj
Already done.. I mixed the OEM ceter "warm" light in the dome with blue LEDs for the map lights. I thought all LED was too much.. Really nice on the doors though..
Phillip, I to agree that the full LED interior looks a bit too much. I like your idea of doing the doors and keeping the center "warm". Can you share a pic of what it looks like with your set up?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:06 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Sure! I"ll post one tomorrow. What I did for the dome is left the center light (large) OEM "warm" and made the two map lights cool. I also kept the drivers side floor (foot well) warm. So the only "cool" light is the doors and the two dome LED's hitting the seats. You can try the dome the other way as well.. with the center "cool" and the map lights warm. It breaks it up and doesn't feel so "stark"
Old 11-07-2012, 07:50 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

I have the entire interior done, I don't think it's too much, really looks cool, no pun intended
Old 11-08-2012, 01:12 AM
jaykla
AutoX

Just finished up the front lights. I skipped the fogs since everyone said they don't put much light out. Plus I don't drive with them on.
I'm loving the was they turned out!
Before and after pics below.
EDIT: I don't know why they came out sideways?
Attached Images       

Quick Reply: Did the LED's