Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Turbo Exhaust - early Christmas Present

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Glenmhor 1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm aware there is a difference between N/A and Turbo which is why I mentioned it but the tone produced relatively speaking show's an ablility to modify the sound produced and from what I have heard Kline seem to have translated a similar sound from their Turbo application.

All things being equal it would be great to have ten cars with different systems and for interested parties to be able to listen to them them in the flesh.

Unfortunately this is best we have at the moment, the car in this lnk has the decat option. IMO it does have a sporty tone to it and not just blaring noise.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:40 AM
944CS
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one of the better 997 Turbo exhausts I've heard in person

Old 11-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Glenmhor 1
Instructor

some photos of my Kline turbo system, hopefully they come out alright! First attempt.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Glenmhor 1
Instructor

Old 11-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 571 Posts

Nope. Can't see them. Hmmm...
Old 11-11-2012, 06:57 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The link is wrong. In your tags there is something before the www.
Delete that I think.

Ok tried it on mine. Where it says share photo, the are options to share on social media, email and then it reads link. There is a direct link, which you need to enclose on [IMG ] tags, or to make it easier the last link is ready forum code with the IMG tags.

Just paste in in the typing box. Looks like this
"[IMG ]http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s537/dianic/940DE037-5F96-4916-8555-5F5EC9A42F1D-5197-000005D514768D35.jpg[/IMG]

But without the space and quote I added above in the first IMG.

Taking the space out posts the pic.
Look familiar location? :-)
Old 11-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Glenmhor 1
Instructor

Old 11-11-2012, 08:18 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks nice enough Rob..... except you know my sentiments on the ommission of heat shielding. I'd be biting Klines to fit some on and stop pretending that it's not required.

Btw the welds look good, as does the general presentation of the system but hate to say the welding is not on the same planet as Stefs EP. I have no idea where the EP guys learned to produce welding like they do....its .ridiculous.....you really have to see it to believe it. It's sets a new standard.

Anyway get the thing on the car and lets hear it OK. Enough talk already.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Glenmhor 1
Instructor

So sorry, try again.
[IMG]http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y485/1glenmhor/IMG_132

Not the worlds best photographer! Have not done the system justice being honest but will get better pictures when fitting in garage. I'll get an adult to help!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:37 PM
speed21
Banned

Photos look fine to me. If you're doing the job yourself make sure you get yourself a new set of genuine turbo nuts and studs for the cats to turbos, also get some new gaskets. I hope you don't get any sticky or broken studs on the way off. That's not fun. Also get yourself all the right tools beforehand or you'll be having to remove your intercoolers. Let me say on a job like this the least work the better plus once you have to remove the IC's you often wind up with the pipes popping out under boost if they aren't payed very close attention too on the refit. That happens quite a bit.

PS. May i suggest if Klines are serious about getting onto the same playing field as EP they need to include all of the tools, nuts, studs and gaskets along with instructions in with the system as a package......and put that shielding on too!!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Glenmhor 1
Instructor

Originally Posted by speed21
Photos look fine to me. If you're doing the job yourself make sure you get yourself a new set of genuine turbo nuts and studs for the cats to turbos, also get some new gaskets. I hope you don't get any sticky or broken studs on the way off. That's not fun. Also get yourself all the right tools beforehand or you'll be having to remove your intercoolers. Let me say on a job like this the least work the better plus once you have to remove the IC's you often wind up with the pipes popping out under boost if they aren't payed very close attention too on the refit. That happens quite a bit.

PS. May i suggest if Klines are serious about getting onto the same playing field as EP they need to include all of the tools, nuts, studs and gaskets along with instructions in with the system as a package......and put that shielding on too!!
Depends on how you view it, at less than half the price I don't think they need to be in the same playing field.... put another way, is the E/P twice as good?
Now that I have the hang of this going to try and post a few more pics!

R.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 571 Posts

Great pics! Thanks!
Old 11-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Glenmhor 1
Instructor

Right some more pics now I'm in the groove.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:02 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Glenmhor 1
Depends on how you view it, at less than half the price I don't think they need to be in the same playing field.... put another way, is the E/P twice as good?
Now that I have the hang of this going to try and post a few more pics!

R.
From a pricing perspective you appear to have a valid point Rob, although that said it's at least always good to know what you are in for (and up for/against) especially if you intend doing the install yourself. So on that note an obliging set of instructions and other info on what you will need to tackle the job would certainly go a long way .

So to answer to whether the EP is twice as good? Hmmmm...it depends what you refer to as twice as good....or being worth near twice as much.

Now, in the area of sound I'm not qualified to comment because i have not personally experienced how a Kline sounds from the drivers seat and, to evaluate whether it addresses the internal resonance issues this car inherently has and, faces.

I still maintain that Klines omission of heat sheilding tells its own story in terms of whether it has given sufficient consideration for the actual car, and that's not comforting regardless of any superficial pricing advantage factors it may enjoy.

One thing i do know for sure is that the EP, has not only demonstrated that it has successfully contended with all the inherent interior resonance issues associated to the non DFI 3.6TT engine, but additionally, has also been sufficiently well thought out in its fundamental design principles by providing for the longevity of the car that inevitably supports it.

Then there is those larger 100 cel EP catalytic converters EP which recieve consistent acolades (Klines excepted for some unknown reason).....along with the superlative construction and finish of the item.

So, whether the cats, the heat shielding, the uncanny welding and general materials used (along with the supply of necessary tools and other parts required for the job) is of any consequence or value to the potential buyer is something only each buyer can ultimately gauge and decide for themselves.

My personal experience from being in this industry has shown there are no free tickets anywhere.....well none that i've yet found anyway. I would agree one always at least hopes/expects to get what one paid for and that unfortunately doesn't always happen regardless of the price. I reference that woeful Tubi (again) as proof positive you dont always get what you pay for .

Anyway, from my own observations and expereince, EP reflects the good value for the price paid, particularly when compared as a system (and package) to 99% of systems i've seen advertised for this .1TT car. And, EP more importantly has demonstrated to deliver on the key customer expectations.

So to answer the question is it twice as good for being nearly twice the price?

To be honest, comparing price is truly not the best way of comparing these systems at all imho.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:09 PM
strato58
Pro

Received 113 Likes on 66 Posts

Ok back to the exhaust I have experience with (if anyone cares). I think the 911 tuning sounds as least as good as any of the above vids
....but I did get a CEL today. I guess its time for a tune.

Quick Reply: New Turbo Exhaust - early Christmas Present