Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Turbo Exhaust - early Christmas Present

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 08:43 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 83 Posts

I have been corresponding with Felix at Kline. I will be ordering my system in January. Xmas was hard on me. Wife wanted this that, kids the same. I make them happy so my gift will be the exhaust system. I will take pictures, video and will post before and after impressions. I have a durametric pro version so real time data before and after will be posted. I can't wait!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Glenmhor 1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very interested to see this, I can't wait just like you. Same here Christmas present! Thank God for Christmas!

R.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:54 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Any abnormal stuff yet?
Old 12-21-2012, 08:16 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Looking at the Kline system based on a review on here. Very economical. With 200 cell cats? Chinese to me, no ecu tune.
Awesome.. Looking forward to your impressions.. Kline is on my list as well..
Old 12-21-2012, 10:55 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Phillipj, don't you have an exhaust allready?
Old 12-22-2012, 03:12 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Phillipj, don't you have an exhaust allready?
Yes I have a Techart.. I like it but it's a little too tame for me..I'd like something a bit more obnoxious...Like 70mm tubing with 100 cell cats..
Old 12-23-2012, 07:15 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by phillipj
Yes I have a Techart.. I like it but it's a little too tame for me..I'd like something a bit more obnoxious...Like 70mm tubing with 100 cell cats..
Maybe it's time to take the EP2 plunge. The performance is a given.

....or something cheap and crude (plenty to choose from out there), that way if it doesn't work out it$ not too painful?
Old 12-24-2012, 02:28 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Speed.. I like the "cheap and crude" option.. Thats awesome..

The reality is that I probably wont change my exhaust. I heard my car being driven by my tech the other day and it sounds really good.. Guess i'm just itching to hear the turbos more.. Spending a few thousand dollars just for that doesnt make a lot of sense..
Old 02-02-2013, 02:31 AM
stewartgpr
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again to one and all for all the reviews and information on this Forum , i am now the proud and very happy owner of a EP1 , fitted on Thursday and have not turned my music on since , there is enough music going on outside .
Cannot sing enough praises of Stef , shipped on time , great service , high quality product and easy fittment .
keep up the good work guys .
A happy reader !
Old 02-02-2013, 12:02 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Speed.. I like the "cheap and crude" option.. Thats awesome..

The reality is that I probably wont change my exhaust. I heard my car being driven by my tech the other day and it sounds really good.. Guess i'm just itching to hear the turbos more.. Spending a few thousand dollars just for that doesnt make a lot of sense..
I'm no expert here but I think the 100 cell cats are the way to go to maximize performance and turbo whistle

Even per Europipe's webpage the power difference between the EP1 and EP2 is only +2 hp (18 vs 20) resulting from the bigger piping. You basically get 90% of the performance benefit from the improved 100 Cell cats and inherent muffler design but only an incremental 10% from the larger pipes (but with more sound of course)

Phillip, maybe you can take your techart exhaust and just upgrade the cats to 100 cell and see if that improves power, responsiveness, sound and turbo whistle. would be an interesting and relatively affordable effort, no?
Old 02-02-2013, 03:27 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Can you just change the cats and keep the stock muffler?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:21 PM
turbojohn
Instructor

As far as Porsche "muffling" their turbo engine because it doesn't sound good...I don't think that is correct... They (Porsche) have enormous hurdles to jump over when it comes to meeting decibel standards in the US and Europe. I doubt the Porsche engineers were happy with the way the 997-1 sounded when it left the factory.

Have you heard the GT2 RS? Basically the same engine as the 997-1 but the exhaust note is awesome...It can be done.....
[B]GT2, I'm told has Akrapovic exhaust which gives a better tone over the EP1 but at twice the price. Suprised to hear that the GMG is so loud, sounded real good with the single sound-bite I heard. Anyone know of any more GMG soundbites except for this same only one that comes up on Utube.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:51 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by turbojohn
[B]GT2, I'm told has Akrapovic exhaust which gives a better tone over the EP1 but at twice the price.
By who? Not saying EP sounds better than Akra either, but one would need to hear the AM Akra and the EP alongside one another to make a credible evaluation. Talk can be cheap and problem is, not many of these AM Akra sytems are on cars due to the crazy price (which is mainly based on the titanium construction).

Also the fact the GT2 has a better sounding stock system than the .1tt stock exhaust is because of development and nothing more. Porsche knew the market wasn't happy with the sound of the stock .1tt car and have made subsequent improvements to the models following.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:21 PM
turbojohn
Instructor

Originally Posted by kitwetzler
I was sad, I went through an AWE, Milltek, EB werks and GMG before getting my Europipe. I miss the sound of the GMG and EBWerks at full throttle. I do love the civility of the EP. The Milltek wasn't much louder but didn't flow well, I showed a 25 whp gain between the Milltek and EB Werks. Crazy.
Noticed you had a GMG exhaust before your EP1. When I listen to GMG sound bite, the sound is a bit more deep V-8ish than the hollow tankish sound of my EP1. Why the switch from GMG to EP? Some claim GMG is a lot louder than the EP, would you agree?? How about dash lits coming on or drone, any of those issues??
Old 02-04-2013, 08:27 AM
m32
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by turbojohn
Noticed you had a GMG exhaust before your EP1. When I listen to GMG sound bite, the sound is a bit more deep V-8ish than the hollow tankish sound of my EP1. Why the switch from GMG to EP? Some claim GMG is a lot louder than the EP, would you agree?? How about dash lits coming on or drone, any of those issues??
I'm sure kit will chime in here but I bought kits gmg exhaust and LOVE it. There is no cel light that comes on and drone... While it does have some around 68-72 mph, I've honestly stopped noticing it now.

Edwin

Quick Reply: New Turbo Exhaust - early Christmas Present