Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced my PCM 2.1 with Pioneer Nav System

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,281 Likes on 592 Posts

Great thread. Tx. It looks great. I tend to love listening to the engine and not the radio so I'm just not sure if I would want to invest. I'm going Europipe before this. But super nice install.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:13 PM
sonny1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is great too!my display is acting up, I will try this.,cheers.
Sonny1.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:30 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 83 Posts

Do you still have all the programming functions that came with the OEM equip?
For example, chrono clock, interior light dimming etc.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:01 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Do you still have all the programming functions that came with the OEM equip?
For example, chrono clock, interior light dimming etc.
Yes, I have not seen or experienced any loss of OEM functionality. Also, I decided to add front parking sensors to compliment my rear parking sensors.

Last edited by 4ocious; 10-31-2012 at 10:01 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-31-2012, 11:41 AM
AreaOne
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

"Do you still have all the programming functions that came with the OEM equip?
For example, chrono clock, interior light dimming etc."

"Yes, I have not seen or experienced any loss of OEM functionality"

I checked on the tach, we have a display for:

Boost pressure, TPC, GPS, average speed, mpg and miles remaining, Chorno and limits so I assume they are still displayed?

On the PCM, we have the choice of controlling the daytime running lights and the ability to control the interior lights along with activitating the rain sensor option for the wipers, climate control and the ability to control the locks

With your new system do we lose any of the above options?

Thanks.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:03 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by AreaOne
"Do you still have all the programming functions that came with the OEM equip?
For example, chrono clock, interior light dimming etc."

"Yes, I have not seen or experienced any loss of OEM functionality"

I checked on the tach, we have a display for:

Boost pressure, TPC, GPS, average speed, mpg and miles remaining, Chorno and limits so I assume they are still displayed?

On the PCM, we have the choice of controlling the daytime running lights and the ability to control the interior lights along with activitating the rain sensor option for the wipers, climate control and the ability to control the locks

With your new system do we lose any of the above options?

Thanks.
I checked my folders to ensure I retained the functions you mention. There was no change. However, I did lose the radio station ID which is not a big deal for me. I also noticed a blank "NAV...." display which I leave on in place of the radio station ID.

My "creature comfort" controls were not effected. My daytime running lights operate normally as do my locks, temp controls, interior lights, mirror controls, sport on/off settings and etc. I have a tiptronic so I don't have a boost display (at least I haven't seen one). Should I?
Old 10-31-2012, 12:22 PM
AreaOne
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

You should, if you push down on the selector level you should see something that shows the boost pressure...its a bar graph
Old 10-31-2012, 02:11 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ocious
Hi Denis, I have NAV arrows in the center display,
Yes, I can display the radio station name, I lost nothing and gained a lot! .

I did lose the radio station ID which is not a big deal for me. I also noticed a blank "NAV...." display which I leave on in place of the radio station ID.
So you lost info in the center display, why did you say you had lost nothing when I asked you ? Confusing.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:11 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Thanks, I'll look for it. Since I'm relatively new to the car I'm still learning.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:19 AM
kitwetzler
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by AreaOne

TPMS, Boost, Average Speed, MPG, Miles remaining, Sport Chrono and limits are all displayed. You lost the Navigation arrow in the center console as well as the ability to toggle memorization of the climate control settings per key.

Nothing that affected me, but YMMV (and I have a JVC deck, but same thing, although I spent a total of $1200 for my setup... installed it myself)

Last edited by kitwetzler; 01-08-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:32 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Nice install, these are great units and SOOOO much nicer than the PCM 2.1 and I dare say 3.0. Most of my costs were labor as I'm mechanically challenged.

My new front parking sensors are now operational and controlled by a manually operated on/off switch located next to my left knee. I looked a new 2012 TTS with with rear sensors and finally figured out the 997's sit too low for front sensors, that's why they are not OEM. I also had steering wheel audio and channel controls installed. The drawback to this is I can't access my favorites list which is a bit of an inconvenience but still okay.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:23 PM
BigEd
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice install, these are great units and SOOOO much nicer than the PCM 2.1 and I dare say 3.0. Most of my costs were labor as I'm mechanically challenged.

My new front parking sensors are now operational and controlled by a manually operated on/off switch located next to my left knee. I looked a new 2012 TTS with with rear sensors and finally figured out the 997's sit too low for front sensors, that's why they are not OEM. I also had steering wheel audio and channel controls installed. The drawback to this is I can't access my favorites list which is a bit of an inconvenience but still okay.
I'm thinking seriously about doing this. I see in my online research that the dealer in CA that seems to do a lot of these is replacing the Bose amp with a JL Audio Amp. If I understand this correctly, you used the existing Bose amp. Was there anything special required for this or is it as plug and play as it sounds. I'd also like to know who your installer is so I can give them a call. I'll buy the gear from them if I can get some tech assistance. Thanks
Old 11-23-2012, 10:48 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

I kept the Bose amp. I asked about replacing it and my dealer said there is no need. I went through Hurley's Auto Audio in McLean, VA (703) 790-8744. Now tht I'm getting use to it I've found it's very easy to navigate from one feature/function to another. This is a great unit!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:51 PM
m32
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 146 Posts

Very interesting. I may have to do this rather than getting the Denison unit

Edwin
Old 11-25-2012, 12:01 AM
m32
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 146 Posts

Btw 4ocious,

Which backup cam did you use? Was it wireless? Thanks