Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 997T CPO Low Prices. What Gives????

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 04:11 PM
midwestguy
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the 40K mile vehicle inspected. There's a bit of road rash and a small (less than an inche) scratch here and there. Both are barely noticeable. Everything else came back clean. I've submitted my final offer and waiting to hear back from the dealer. Stay tuned.

@art I spoke to George at Rector and he was indeed candid and very helpful. His analysis almost mirrored that of my inspectors. Thanks again for the lead.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:12 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by midwestguy
I had the 40K mile vehicle inspected. There's a bit of road rash and a small (less than an inche) scratch here and there. Both are barely noticeable. Everything else came back clean. I've submitted my final offer and waiting to hear back from the dealer. Stay tuned.

@art I spoke to George at Rector and he was indeed candid and very helpful. His analysis almost mirrored that of my inspectors. Thanks again for the lead.
I'm glad you were able to get the car inspected, and it sounds like it is in good shape. if they won't meet your offer price see if they will respray the bumper that has the excess road rash because you'll probably end up doing so yourself if you decide to buy it

good luck
Art
Old 09-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by midwestguy
@zeus993 awesome video
Yep. That's what you are getting into my friend. Keep us posted on your car.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by aa909
@Zeus, nice find, awesome video. my palms got sweaty just watching it. where can we find a stretch of road like that in Northern California
There are a few roads like that in northern CA but of course with enforced speed limits that if you were caught doing 200mph (heck doing just half that) would have you in jail until the unemployment rate dropped below 8% or IOWs for possibly 4 years.

In southern CA and in the bordering states (NV/AZ mainly) there are more opportunities to experience roads like in the video, though still with the very real risk of ending up in jail, if one attempts to experience the roads at the speeds the car in the video obtained.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

Time for a trip to Germany...
Old 09-12-2012, 11:00 PM
RangerDick
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Midwestguy, Sorry I'm a bit late to the dance but, I actually live only a few miles from Rector. My family has purchased 5 cars from them in the past. Not sure if you have completed your purchase, but if you have not, I am able to swing by the dealership and take a look for you. I have dealt with the parts guys a bit but not the sales people. The only fly in the ointment is I'm working tomorrow till Sunday and can't get by till Monday. Let me know if I can be of some help.

Quick Reply: 2007 997T CPO Low Prices. What Gives????