Sponsored by:

Failure pasm

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 02:48 AM
wilson234
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failure pasm

Looking at purchasing a used 997.1 turbo and noticed the car would not go into sport mode with message indicating failure Pasm. I also believe the ! Warning light was on possibly another triangle warning light as well. Did a bit of searching, but didn't find much. Car is from independent dealer no CPO. Dealer will take the car to Porsche dealer to have it repaired, my concern is proper diagnosis as it appears the error can be reset, but will come back if not repaired properly, a few posts I found, it took several back and forth visits to the dealer to finally figure out the issue, often with $$$$ dollar items being replaced. Obviously if I buy the car I would like some assurance it will not fault a month later. What details should I be asking the dealer to provide when they take the car to Porsche. Is this a common issue? One post mentioned this could be a simple low battery? Despite not being able to engage sport mode the car ran fine, didn't appear to be in limp mode. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:33 AM
512bb
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

If the car has updated shocks from Bilstein (i.e., the PSS10 Damptronics) then it's a bad shock(s) or wiring for the shock(s). It could also be the PASM module that has shorted out. I don't believe the PASM electronics had safety measure in case the shock wires shorted out.

If it's stock suspension, it could still be the shock(s), the wiring(s) and/or the PASM module. If the dealer knows what they are doing, they should be able to pinpoint exactly which components are faulty.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:58 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

Usually happens when the battery is disconnected. After driving it for a few miles it will clear.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:51 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Usually happens when the battery is disconnected. After driving it for a few miles it will clear.
It's a PSM error not PASM error that shows up with battery disconnect.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:56 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

Oops sorry missed that

Quick Reply: Failure pasm