Sponsored by:

Tracking My 997 TT?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ocious
Thank you Doc GTO for the invaluable tracking info you sent in your PM. I will begin making the changes this week. BTW, I'm going to replace my OEM N-spec Bridgestones with Michelin Pilot Super Sports. From what I've read they seem to be a very good tire for daily driving (although my 997 is not a DD) and an adequate track tire.
No problem! I'd do a search on the MPSS cold pressures or maybe give Damon from Tire Rack a PM on them. I do know that the MPSC runs hot 32F and 36R but the street tire may require a little more to stiffen the sidewalls.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:32 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ocious
Thank you Doc GTO for the invaluable tracking info you sent in your PM. I will begin making the changes this week. BTW, I'm going to replace my OEM N-spec Bridgestones with Michelin Pilot Super Sports. From what I've read they seem to be a very good tire for daily driving (although my 997 is not a DD) and an adequate track tire.
I'd love to hear doc GTO tips to track the tiptronic
can you share those publicly ?
Old 08-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by philooo
I'd love to hear doc GTO tips to track the tiptronic
can you share those publicly ?
As far as the TIP, these suggestions would be the same. If you are proficient with manual shifting on the TIP then I would put it in sport mode and use that as holding the rpms higher going into and out of corners will have you in boost quicker and give you more car control via throttle. Enjoy!

This is what I sent him via PM:

If you want to get back into the HPDEs the minimum you should do to the TT to make her a monster is the following:

Offset upper strut camber plates. The stock adjustments are limited to -.8 to -1.2 max camber. Not enough for even occasional track use and witht he front axles, you need to adjust from the top, not the bottom. Go with these:

http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997-...smt-detail.htm

For a track like VIR, you WILL need better pads and fluid. the rotors are great. Bang for the buck are the new Hawk DTC series pads. You can use these for the street AND the track, unlike the Pagids and PFC. Also a full set of 4 is cheaper then just the fronts of the other guys.

Pad Link:

http://www.topbrakes.com/carSeriesDe...cast+iron+disc

Fluid link. you will need 3 bottles. 2 for a complete flush and 1 extra to have just in case of a freshening up, ect:

http://www.apexperformance.net/cartg...id=2289&cid=58

Last thing is the alignment: Hot street/track settings:

Front:

camber -2.6 front
Castor is factory
Toe-in .02 each side. I use ZERO toe but it can want to wander on the highway a bit. If you don't care about that, then go zero toe in the front which is better choice.

Rear:

camber is -2.0
toe-in .10 each side

This will rock on the track!!!

What tires will you use?
Old 08-11-2012, 09:41 AM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard the Bridgestone Re11's are very good tires for track days. I have them on my 997 Turbo and will be running them in October at VIR.

Thanks for the other info Doc
Old 08-14-2012, 03:10 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have gone throgh two sets of RE-11's. I like them very much and track guys give them very good reviews..
Old 08-24-2012, 02:42 PM
C4TT
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Any of you track guys running without option 220 (locking diff). I'm so bummed I dont have it.

Quick Reply: Tracking My 997 TT?