Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I put in some of these yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I put in some of these yesterday!

I've read a lot of positive feedback for these new RSS Tarmac series poly motor mounts so I decided to make these the last addition for the handling of the car for DEs. The motor is quite a bit of sprung weight when you make transitions.

My factory mounts have 36K on them and they did look weak when we removed them. I was able to move the mount around with my fingers pretty easy. They new ones are works of art and weigh albs less overall then the stockers.

For those worried about bad noise or vibrations transmitted into the cabin, it is absolutely minimal. What is interesting is that the exhaust now how a better sound/tone. Maybe because the fluid filled mounts absorbed some of the note??? The throttle response is RIGHT NOW and the cars feels more crisp into and out of corners.

Alex with Sharkworks got me these babies very quick! I try them out at VIR in 2 weeks!

Photo of the install (which took less then an hour):

Old 06-18-2012, 01:17 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Very nice.. I 'm considering those as well
Old 06-18-2012, 05:57 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting remarks. Cost?
Old 06-19-2012, 01:35 AM
floridaBMW
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very interested in ur experience with them also.

Ken
Old 06-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

They were about $350 for the pair from Sharkworks. Amazing build quality and weigh 1 pound each compared to the 2.5 for rack stocker. Semi solid poly mounts, not solid mounts.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:35 AM
kitwetzler
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

I put these in too. Very easy job, no need to even jack the car up.

surprisingly, I don't notice much additional vibration at all, I'm used to upgraded motor mounts turning the car seats into Magic Fingers at idle. These don't do that at all, it's very hard to notice any additional vibration.

They do make a bit of extra mechanical noise, mostly on acceleration and very little at steady state. Kind of like someone turned up the volume on my Milltek or something just a little bit. I like it.

Other positie effects are that the car feels more solid. Again, not a huge difference, but there definitely feels like a lot less stuff flopping around in corners. I'm really happy with mine! shifting seems a bit more positive as well, but again, not a huge difference.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kitwetzler
I put these in too. Very easy job, no need to even jack the car up.

surprisingly, I don't notice much additional vibration at all, I'm used to upgraded motor mounts turning the car seats into Magic Fingers at idle. These don't do that at all, it's very hard to notice any additional vibration.

They do make a bit of extra mechanical noise, mostly on acceleration and very little at steady state. Kind of like someone turned up the volume on my Milltek or something just a little bit. I like it.

Other positie effects are that the car feels more solid. Again, not a huge difference, but there definitely feels like a lot less stuff flopping around in corners. I'm really happy with mine! shifting seems a bit more positive as well, but again, not a huge difference.

Exactly what I feel and hear as well! Does sound and feel great on the track and street!

Quick Reply: I put in some of these yesterday!