Sponsored by:

FS: Tubi Twin-can for 997.1 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 09:41 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
The tubi did not produce either of those attribuites, which is why it is no longer on my car.
Originally Posted by atcbi5
So from reading the above, I am of the assumption that there are more expensive exhaust systems but tubi is best bang for the dollar? So why are you selling it?
Depends what you consider best bang for $ exhaust. I clearly stated my reasons why I'm selling mine (refer my quote above yours). That's not to say the Tubi won't satisfy the next persons expectations. I bought it, wasn't satisfied hence my sale.

Where the OP is concerned you will need an answer from him to why he is selling his Tubi.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:31 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

Thanks because I am under the impression that if sound is what you are after, then aftermarket exhaust is the clear choice. I have a stock exhaust and plan on just leaving it alone. I am not going to do a tune so that's out. Thanks finally it's out of my mind!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:41 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Thanks because I am under the impression that if sound is what you are after, then aftermarket exhaust is the clear choice. I have a stock exhaust and plan on just leaving it alone. I am not going to do a tune so that's out. Thanks finally it's out of my mind!
If you are happy with the stock system thats fine but there are systems available that will fix that awful stock sounding vacuum cleaner engine exhaust note, make the throttle response better and make the car feel more lively. If you have one of those systems you would never go back to stock. Some folks are happy with just fixing the outside exhaust note....some expect more than that. There are different systems available that cater for individual requirements. Its finding the right system that satisfies ones expectations that can sometimes present a problem. That's what the forums are for. Gathering information to make an informed decision so you don't make mistakes you later find you cant live with.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:10 AM
911-AL
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 67 Posts

Speed, you said your peace.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:47 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

I have no idea what they sound like other than videos. Someday I will get to hear one up close seriously I know of nobody that has a TT with an aftermarket exhaust in my neck of the woods nobody! They all have Lambo’s and my car is never going to sound like that so forget it. I dont like that tractor sound I hear on videos. I will keep the Hoover sound. I love the GT3 sound and If I could get that I would do it!
Old 05-05-2012, 01:04 AM
911-AL
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 67 Posts

The twin can sounds amazing. Bump.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:13 PM
rrm
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a real simple if not expensive answer to all this "sound" business...next time buy a V8....rrm
Old 05-06-2012, 05:47 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank God Mr. Alois Ruf has made the 911 V8, to be installed in a 997 or a 991... Hot off the press.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:07 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Here's a vid of the Milltek I have on my car (not my car in the vid); the vid actually is a fairly good representation of the sound. I like it, if anything I'd like something a bit louder, but this works well. In looking at a lot of the other exhaust systems in youtube vids, a lot of them turn me off, but not sure how they sound in person.

http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust....?variantid=224 [click on vid under Media Files]

My 997S had been sitting for a long time but have been driving it a lot the past week, and I do love the PSE in a NA car!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:19 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by jcnesq
Here's a vid of the Milltek I have on my car (not my car in the vid); the vid actually is a fairly good representation of the sound. I like it, if anything I'd like something a bit louder, but this works well. In looking at a lot of the other exhaust systems in youtube vids, a lot of them turn me off, but not sure how they sound in person.

http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust....?variantid=224 [click on vid under Media Files]

My 997S had been sitting for a long time but have been driving it a lot the past week, and I do love the PSE in a NA car!
I was reading this the other day http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...eivable-3.html and noted post #43. Post #45 was also very telling These Miltek oners were claiming some pretty concerning issues....

Did you happen to read the thread? Interesting comments...

Last edited by speed21; 05-06-2012 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Add content
Old 05-07-2012, 02:12 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
I was reading this the other day http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...eivable-3.html and noted post #43. Post #45 was also very telling These Miltek oners were claiming some pretty concerning issues....

Did you happen to read the thread? Interesting comments...
Thanks for the heads up! Just read that thread. I haven't noticed any negative issues after 3 years. Can't speak to HP but when I first got it seat of the pants said it opened the engine up a bit. I believe the early Miltek's had 100 cell cats whereas mine has 200 cell cats, but don't know if that would make any difference.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:42 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by jcnesq
Thanks for the heads up! Just read that thread. I haven't noticed any negative issues after 3 years. Can't speak to HP but when I first got it seat of the pants said it opened the engine up a bit. I believe the early Miltek's had 100 cell cats whereas mine has 200 cell cats, but don't know if that would make any difference.
Yep, well not sure whether cats were the issue or not. If you are a member over there you could always chime in and ask. I've no experience with Miltek systems, but they were interesting user experiences.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:31 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That's a great exhaust and a great price.

I have a Tech Art that I'm going to be selling very soon. My friend is making me a custom 90mm exhaust (when I get the cash) He built the one on his car (997 TT) and it sounds like a Cup car and is beautifully engineered.

I'm sure you will sell that exhaust very quickly!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:51 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by phillipj
That's a great exhaust and a great price.

I have a Tech Art that I'm going to be selling very soon. My friend is making me a custom 90mm exhaust (when I get the cash) He built the one on his car (997 TT) and it sounds like a Cup car and is beautifully engineered.

I'm sure you will sell that exhaust very quickly!
Best of luck at those dollars from what i'm told. Mine's sitting in at Sharkwerks at the moment and i can tell you someones gonna get a very cheap system. It's only been on my car for @ 800kms max since brand spanking new....all street no track. It's astonishing how a 4300 system can turn into less than half overnight. Anyone interested phone and ask for Alex/Sharky. He's the best installer in the biz. Cheers.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:41 AM
petersl55
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this exhaust still available? If it is please email meeterpgia@yahoo.com

Quick Reply: FS: Tubi Twin-can for 997.1 Turbo