Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone familiar with this car???

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012 | 02:14 PM
Boeing 717

Default Anyone familiar with this car???

Just curious, seems like an awfully low price for that mileage.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 02-09-2012 | 04:51 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

Don't know anything about that car, but that does seem like a pretty good price.

Btw, for anyone in the market...summoboy lowered the price on his '08 in the classifieds to a very competitive number just recently. It's tempting to me, but not quite ready to move on anything at this time.
Old 02-09-2012 | 06:33 PM
Boeing 717

Yea unfortunately its gonna be around April when I start to get serious. I called those guys and asked if it had a damage history, they said no so If thats accurate it is a really nice deal. And I am hoping to get a red one but they are somewhat rare.
Old 02-09-2012 | 06:50 PM
Macster
Race Director

Originally Posted by Boeing 717
Just curious, seems like an awfully low price for that mileage.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Is it me or does the color on the driver's side appear to have a more orange tint to it than the rest of the car?

Also, the pics are rather skimpy. And I note while we get treated to two almost identical views of the passenger side of the car, we do not get even on full view of the driver's side of the car.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 02-09-2012 | 07:07 PM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Someone in the market for red should certainly look into this car. Price and mileage are excellent but ppi including dme a must.
Old 02-09-2012 | 07:29 PM
Boeing 717

Originally Posted by Michael_s
Someone in the market for red should certainly look into this car. Price and mileage are excellent but ppi including dme a must.
Well according to the guy on the phone there is a deposit on it.
Old 02-09-2012 | 07:30 PM
Boeing 717

Originally Posted by Macster
Is it me or does the color on the driver's side appear to have a more orange tint to it than the rest of the car?

Also, the pics are rather skimpy. And I note while we get treated to two almost identical views of the passenger side of the car, we do not get even on full view of the driver's side of the car.

Sincerely,

Macster.
I didnt notice, there are more pics on their actual website, they are better.

http://www.eurostarautos.com/vehicle...anticautos.com
Old 02-09-2012 | 08:17 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Other than having 3 owners it appears to be a bargain for the 74k. Wonder why they would sell it for 5~8k under the market price though..
Old 02-09-2012 | 08:27 PM
Boeing 717

Doesnt that dealer count as one of the 3 owners??? I have wondered about that, I think it does.
Old 02-09-2012 | 09:46 PM
Macster
Race Director

Originally Posted by Boeing 717
Well according to the guy on the phone there is a deposit on it.
If I had a dollar for every time someone that came here considering a car only to report he heard from the seller the car sold, or there's a deposit on the car...

Everything a car salesman tells you is intended to get you to pay as much for the car as possible and to buy the car as soon as possible.

Even if the deposit is real, not all deposits result in a sale.

(Related: I watched a guy 'try' to buy a Turbo I had my eye on. My salesman and I held back not wanting to effect the sale one way or another. The next day I went back and the car was still there. Obviously the guy didn't buy the car the day before. I ended up with the car, and for a few thousand dollars less than the lowest advertised price.)

So, keep an eye on the car from afar and if it doesn't sell, well, you can reconsider.

If it sells, well, there's always another car.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 02-09-2012 | 09:55 PM
Macster
Race Director

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
Other than having 3 owners it appears to be a bargain for the 74k. Wonder why they would sell it for 5~8k under the market price though..
Are you sure the price is that much under market?

Everything a salesman tells you is intended to get you to pay as much for the car as possible and to buy it as soon as possible.

A below market price is just the above flipped a bit: Everything a car salesman tells you is intended to get you to buy the car as soon as possible and pay as much for it as possible.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 02-10-2012 | 09:48 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macster
Are you sure the price is that much under market?

Everything a salesman tells you is intended to get you to pay as much for the car as possible and to buy it as soon as possible.

A below market price is just the above flipped a bit: Everything a car salesman tells you is intended to get you to buy the car as soon as possible and pay as much for it as possible.

Sincerely,

Macster.
I'm just going on what others have indicated they have paid and the listed prices of this model and year. I think they are going for low to mid level 80's for a reasonable mileage 07 Turbo

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with this car???