Sponsored by:

Price Check: 09 TT w/ 6K miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 04:28 PM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Price Check: 09 TT w/ 6K miles

Looking to get back into a 911 and replacing the RS4 as a DD.
Opinions on a fair price on this CPO car would be appreciated - thanks!
Bob

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
Old 01-10-2012, 04:33 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Love the color! Here is a pic from another forum which I have as my wallpaper. Will help push you over the edge...
Congrats on the guy who put it together!
Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2012, 04:50 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by beers4all
Looking to get back into a 911 and replacing the RS4 as a DD.
Opinions on a fair price on this CPO car would be appreciated - thanks!
Bob

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
Nice car - love the exterior blue...not so hot about the interior blue. 08's are going in the low to mid $90's so maybe this one isn't priced too far out of line - maybe should be $105.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Farfelc2s
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 6 Posts
Default TT

PMd you w my story.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Seth W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

103 to 106. A bit higher than it should be, smaller selling window with specialized color.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:11 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

That is one nice example....low miles, right options. JHB...interior is black other than body color rear console. Very nice. Good luck with the deal if you go for it.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 01-11-2012, 10:51 AM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the feedback guys. I love the color but this would be used as a DD so I'm concerned it may be a little too much and not really certain it would be worth the premium.
Also, lowering springs and the aero pkg may be impractical.
Cheers,
Old 01-11-2012, 11:17 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
That is one nice example....low miles, right options. JHB...interior is black other than body color rear console. Very nice. Good luck with the deal if you go for it.
I can see the black...but it was the center console in blue that I thought was too much.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:46 PM
BGA23
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I would think more like $105 - $110K. It is very heavily optioned, very low mileage and CPO'd but the unique color will only appeal to a few buyers.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:31 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 159 Posts

I think you need to really like that color. If you get tired of it it will not be easy to sell. Smerf blue is not my favorite. First time someone asks if you are papa smerf it will ruin it for you. IMHO
Old 01-11-2012, 10:12 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Love the color....I would think 104k is a decent price for both. Dealer could not have paid more than low 90 for it
Old 01-12-2012, 01:21 AM
Seth W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wait for one you fall in love with and can't resist...
Old 01-12-2012, 10:33 PM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
I think you need to really like that color. If you get tired of it it will not be easy to sell. Smerf blue is not my favorite. First time someone asks if you are papa smerf it will ruin it for you. IMHO
lol, that would be er, painful.

I'm trying to think of a good comeback, just in case .... anybody?
Old 01-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by JB 911
lol, that would be er, painful.

I'm trying to think of a good comeback, just in case .... anybody?
It is only painful it one lets it be painful.

No matter which car, which color, the options, how little or how much one pays for a car, there's always something someone can say negative about the car, about one's choice.

(One guy in a fast food restaurant parking lot said "nice Volkswagon" as I drove by. How can this hurt when the guy was driving a crummy old van pulling a trailer full of lawnmowers and leaf blowers? For crying out loud he's a "landscape engineer", to put it kindly. I cut grass, raked leaves (before leaf blowers), shoveled snow, did yard work, mended fences on farms, cut brush, even before I was a teenager to earn spare money to put towards my first motorcycle.)

I buy cars I like. I try to buy cars I like that I think are in good condition. I try to buy cars I like and that I think are in good condition at a good price. When someone offers to buy my cars for me then they can tell me which color of car to buy.

Until then...

The Sept. issue of Car had a 3 car test: A new BMW _M3_ GTS, a MC Stradale and a 911 GT3. I forget what colors the other 2 cars were, just your old every day silver, or black. The GT3 was in that blue color. An overhead shot of the cars at night and the Porsche looked gorgeous. The other cars blended into the pavement.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Last edited by Macster; 01-13-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Updated the other cars.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:33 AM
Lance 4c
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default still am a landscaper

Macster, I am one of those- a landscaper. I started with one mower, etc. I now am on my third porsche, well forth, if I count the one I rejected. Careful how you characterize people, by what they do for a living. What have you contibuted to society? How did you start? I am not taking credit for what I achieved. I credit it to the grace of God. How bout a little humility for what you have!!! What are the odds that you were even born in this country? I could go on, but...

Originally Posted by Macster
It is only painful it one lets it be painful.

No matter which car, which color, the options, how little or how much one pays for a car, there's always something someone can say negative about the car, about one's choice.

(One guy in a fast food restaurant parking lot said "nice Volkswagon" as I drove by. How can this hurt when the guy was driving a crummy old van pulling a trailer full of lawnmowers and leaf blowers? For crying out loud he's a "landscape engineer", to put it kindly. I cut grass, raked leaves (before leaf blowers), shoveled snow, did yard work, mended fences on farms, cut brush, even before I was a teenager to earn spare money to put towards my first motorcycle.)

I buy cars I like. I try to buy cars I like that I think are in good condition. I try to buy cars I like and that I think are in good condition at a good price. When someone offers to buy my cars for me then they can tell me which color of car to buy.

Until then...

The Sept. issue of Car had a 3 car test: A new BMW _M3_ GTS, a MC Stradale and a 911 GT3. I forget what colors the other 2 cars were, just your old every day silver, or black. The GT3 was in that blue color. An overhead shot of the cars at night and the Porsche looked gorgeous. The other cars blended into the pavement.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Price Check: 09 TT w/ 6K miles