Sponsored by:

Price Check: 09 TT w/ 6K miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 04:02 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by beers4all
Thanks for the feedback guys. I love the color but this would be used as a DD so I'm concerned it may be a little too much and not really certain it would be worth the premium.
Little too much what ? The price ? If so have all the ducks lined in in a row. Then go to them in the last week of the month and offer them your best price (tell them your offer stands good for one week) and see if they would take it. PTS is always a tough sell unless someone lives the color. Since you love it, that's all matters.
Lance, Macster's contribution to this forum has been invaluable IMO and am sure he contributes to this society. At the very least everyone who abides by the law and pays his taxes does contribute. As a neutral person, I did not percieve his comments as derogatory. I think he just meant that the odds are that a yard maintenance guy would not have a sharp acumen for sports cars. I totally agree with you that we all have to show humility but I totally lost you with your next question. What does one's country of origin have anything to do with his/her opinion ?Short of the native Indians, everyone is a "foreigner" in this land of opportunity. Some just came decades or centuries ago and some came last year or yesterday.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Lance 4c
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Little too much what ? The price ? If so have all the ducks lined in in a row. Then go to them in the last week of the month and offer them your best price (tell them your offer stands good for one week) and see if they would take it. PTS is always a tough sell unless someone lives the color. Since you love it, that's all matters.
Lance, Macster's contribution to this forum has been invaluable IMO and am sure he contributes to this society. At the very least everyone who abides by the law and pays his taxes does contribute. As a neutral person, I did not percieve his comments as derogatory. I think he just meant that the odds are that a yard maintenance guy would not have a sharp acumen for sports cars. I totally agree with you that we all have to show humility but I totally lost you with your next question. What does one's country of origin have anything to do with his/her opinion ?Short of the native Indians, everyone is a "foreigner" in this land of opportunity. Some just came decades or centuries ago and some came last year or yesterday.
Perhaps I over-reacted. My statement about "born in this country" meant born in a land with great opportunity. Meant nothing about ethnicity.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Lance 4c
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lance 4c
Macster, I am one of those- a landscaper. I started with one mower, etc. I now am on my third porsche, well forth, if I count the one I rejected. Careful how you characterize people, by what they do for a living. What have you contibuted to society? How did you start? I am not taking credit for what I achieved. I credit it to the grace of God. How bout a little humility for what you have!!! What are the odds that you were even born in this country? I could go on, but...
Macster. I am sorry. I should not have posted in this way. I am sure you meant nothing by it. It hit my nerve, and I took a shot back! Please forgive me.

Sincerely,

Lance
Old 01-16-2012, 01:08 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Hey Lance. No problem my man. Macster will surely understand. I am sorry to the OP for hijacking this thread.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Macster, I am one of those- a landscaper. I started with one mower, etc. I now am on my third porsche, well forth, if I count the one I rejected. Careful how you characterize people, by what they do for a living. What have you contibuted to society? How did you start? I am not taking credit for what I achieved. I credit it to the grace of God. How bout a little humility for what you have!!! What are the odds that you were even born in this country? I could go on, but...
That's what I get for making a generalization about landscapers...

In my defense, perhaps I'd have been less inclined to characterize the commenter had he been in something else. Kind of funny ... I only get snide comments/negative reactions from other drivers in if you'll pardon the expression: sh*t boxes.

When I pass a person driving a nice car, be it another Porsche (any make/model/year), a Ferrari or another exotic or just a nice looking car, I always give a thumbs up sign and sometimes when I look over I'm getting a thumbs up sign first, or least in response to my sign.

Occasionally I'll encounter someone in a parking lot or a gas station with a nice car and invariably have a nice conversation about our cars. I've never yet had anyone say anything negative about my car, even though I have encountered owners of cars more exotic that mine.

Anyhow, sorry about the generalization.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:32 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 159 Posts

Class acts both of you.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:48 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
Class acts both of you.
+1..remember boys..nothing bad happens until you hit the Send button...
Now back to the original subject...anynews on the car?
Old 01-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Lance 4c
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by malmasri
+1..remember boys..nothing bad happens until you hit the Send button...
Now back to the original subject...anynews on the car?
So true. I meant to offer my apology to the op for hijacking his thread, but got paralyzed on the send button. Seriously, though. Better to think before hitting the button. Back to the subject at hand. And, by the way, as much as I LOVE my 996tt, I look forward to the 997tt in a few years. Each model keeps getting better and better. There I go again, getting off topic.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:52 PM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So true. I meant to offer my apology to the op for hijacking his thread, but got paralyzed on the send button. Seriously, though. Better to think before hitting the button. Back to the subject at hand. And, by the way, as much as I LOVE my 996tt, I look forward to the 997tt in a few years. Each model keeps getting better and better. There I go again, getting off topic.

Not necessary - glad to see everything got sorted.
I contacted the dealer and he was fairly firm on price so I backed off. I don't think the relative premium for the color is justified for me. Beautiful car though.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:21 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw this car last night looking around at 09. I got my 07 in nov 10 for $79ish cpo. I think it was a very good deal just above wholesale. Looking around I saw a nice black one in Dallas in the upper $90's. I think $90k is real money. Perhaps the year just needs to get going... $119k is just waiting for the guy that wants that car and honestly when there is only 1 ---I'm sure he'll find his purple elephant.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,103 Likes on 662 Posts

I called on it also and got the same story. When I asked what it would take to buy it, I was told "right around what we're asking."
They have had it several weeks now. Maybe they think it will pull those big dollars as the weather improves?
Old 02-06-2012, 09:36 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

I just sold (2 weeks ago) my 2009 TTS cab - 6 speed - Meteor Gray/black - black HRE P40 wheels, $156k MSRP with 5,400 miles (I am the original owner) with 2 years remaining on warranty for $105,000. I had it listed for $115,000 - got a number of calls and lots of high 90's talk. Dealer I bought it from offered $100k in trade with 10% off MSRP on Panamera Turbo they had in stock. I decided to order a car how I wanted it and just wait on the sell at a reasonable price. Got cash buyer who moved quickly. Took the sale - maybe could have gotten more if I wated till summer, but a sale is a sale. Loved the car, but time to move on.
Attached Images   
Old 02-07-2012, 10:48 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 159 Posts

Well done, I would not loose a real hitter for 5 grand.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:47 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 184 Posts

I am not too far away from this dealership and can possibly talk to a sales person for you about this car. I am also friends with the service manager so can help there too

Good dealership and nice folks
Old 02-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,103 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
I am not too far away from this dealership and can possibly talk to a sales person for you about this car. I am also friends with the service manager so can help there too

Good dealership and nice folks
The salesman I spoke with seemed very nice and knowledgable about the cars. I certainly did not mean to imply he was rude in any way - I believe (at least at the time) he felt he could get very close to $120K for it.
I'm a little surprised it hasn't sold, frankly.

Quick Reply: Price Check: 09 TT w/ 6K miles