Sponsored by:

Detailed Radar Installation procedures for 911's

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011 | 02:03 PM
BuddyK
Instructor

Default Detailed Radar Installation procedures for 911's

I'm posting a few wish list items this morning:

One of them is Detailed Radar Installation procedures for my 2010 911 Turbo.

Ideally I would like to find a PDF or long video that shows the take apart and best wiring to install any good radar detector in the car.

It could be as simple as a hack job to the rear view mirror, or maybe it could be a full grill mounted system with very good placement of the remote panel and any switches etc.

I want to get an install done of some kind, but I am fearful of a stereo installer guy breaking stuff and putting screws in the wrong places and messing up in general. The reason is that I once had a very well trusted body shop respray a front fender and they did not put the bumper back on properly even though I was assured they knew what they were doing. In my view if you do not have the take apart manual, you are just depending on the savvy and skill of the installer.

So I am wondering if anyone has ever painstakingly documented an installation that is going to assist the local installer I choose.

I would like the local dealer to do it, but I can understand they don't want to get involved in installation of 3rd party equipment due to warranty liabilities and stuff.

This is a can of worms. I want to do some installations, and probably would, but I am overly paranoid perhaps about things not being re-assembled correctly and future electrical gremlins caused by seasonal moisture and black electrical tape.

Any advice, links, or comments appreciated
Old 08-13-2011 | 07:32 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

DIY I posted on the 6. Do this yourself and save a few hundred bucks.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...soldering.html

Quick Reply: Detailed Radar Installation procedures for 911's