Sponsored by:

Turning on front fog lights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Rxmike
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turning on front fog lights?

This may be a dumb question but how do you turn on the front fog lights on a 997.2 tts?
Old 08-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Plyman438
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rxmike
This may be a dumb question but how do you turn on the front fog lights on a 997.2 tts?
I may be wrong, but on the Boxster you pull out the headlight light rotary dial and turn to the right one click and fog lights come on and second click fog and headlights. I would imagine Porsche uses this system on all their sports cars. It is kind of weird and usually takes a second look to figure out.
The following users liked this post:
Jan Gerlach (08-17-2019)
Old 08-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Rxmike
Track Day

Originally Posted by Plyman438
I may be wrong, but on the Boxster you pull out the headlight light rotary dial and turn to the right one click and fog lights come on and second click fog and headlights. I would imagine Porsche uses this system on all their sports cars. It is kind of weird and usually takes a second look to figure out.
Nope it does not turn once you pull it out and that only turns on the rear foglights.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:08 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Rxmike
You could always check your owner's manual...but then you'd find out you don't have front fog lights...so your statement was correct.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Rxmike
Track Day

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
You could always check your owner's manual...but then you'd find out you don't have front fog lights...so your statement was correct.
Thanks that's why I posted the question was wondering about the round lights in the front.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:38 AM
TurboDoc
Intermediate

I had the same question with my new 2011 turbo until I realized they are always on. In the new turbos the "fog lights" are now daytime running lights as well and therefore they don't switch on or off. They are constantly on.

I thought the response by jhbrennan was a bit off putting if I interpret his tone correctly. It is not a dumb question given that the previous generation turbo was different in this regard.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Rxmike
Track Day

Originally Posted by TurboDoc
I had the same question with my new 2011 turbo until I realized they are always on. In the new turbos the "fog lights" are now daytime running lights as well and therefore they don't switch on or off. They are constantly on.

I thought the response by
jhbrennan was a bit off putting if
I interpret his tone correctly. It
is not a dumb question given
that the previous generation
turbo was different in this
regard.
I realized it to after I drove the car at night. You can't see the lights on a bright sunny day. Another thing I noticed is that the row of LED lights does not lightup like it does on a panamara. I wonder if that can be reprogrammed somehow?

Quick Reply: Turning on front fog lights?