Old 05-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by jcnesq
WTF are you carrying in your frunk?
Hey Jim,

For the heck of it, weigh a turbo with a driver and a tank of gasa and get back to me
Old 05-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by jcnesq
WTF are you carrying in your frunk?
Hey Jim,

For the heck of it, weigh a turbo with a driver and a tank of gas and get back to me
Old 05-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 908 Likes on 546 Posts

Bob's right. First thing I noticed coming from my 993.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
PCCBs are not worth the added expense. On the road you will never feel the difference in unsprung weight in a 3600 lb car. On the track .. see all the threads about guys changing to steel. While you're at it, ask the parts guy how much each rotor costs as a replacement. Hold on to something while he answers No additional value at resale.
That's a popular opinion, but it is only an opinion.

A heavy cast iron brake rotor represents a considerable amount of mass that must be accelerated when the car is accelerating, and slowed down when the car is being slowed down. It also represents a resistence to changing the car's direction when turning. Then there is the negative impact on ride/handling that results from the suspension having to deal with these heavy rotors.

Removing say 100lbs of weight at the four corners with lighter braking hardware is not the same as removing 100lbs of weight from the car.

The presence of PCCBs simply makes the car more responsive, which is what one wants from a sports car. One could argue that a Porsche sports car sans PCCBs is not a complete sports car.

For street use I do not get a sense PCCBs are fragile or problematic and I would not be scared of running them on a street car.

In fact, I don't think I'd be scared to run them on the track. But I would certainly read up and learn all I could about how to use the brakes properly to avoid damaging them from misuse and what precautions to take should the car end up in a gravel trap.

Anyhow, as with most if not all options PCCBs are up to the individual.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,267 Likes on 585 Posts

PCCBs are a great option. I only notice a lack of bite after a car wash but in the rain they are superb. When l looking for a TT I always look for the PCCBs. They are great value and you don't pay for them on used. No dust, no rust, no fuss...
Old 05-23-2011, 11:02 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are the unknown issues (will they or won't they fail) at the track, something to consider -

Quick Reply: PCCB