Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 40th birthday gift from my wife

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 03:48 PM
mikegee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i SAW UR POST ON 6 SPEED. I agree with checking around. But if you like that car..... says the words to the saleman" I'll buy it today for____ and u take my car on trade. Watch their eyes light up. I promise
Old 03-30-2011, 07:15 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by dianic
+ 1
Check if you can find an out of state car. It MUST be a buyers market, with an imminent model change!
Look for meteor grey on red as well, brochure color. I love it.
Still negotiating ... yes MG/carrera red is a gorgeous combo but unless I get a custom build, that combo is not available. Plat silver/red also looks good to me ... don't you think ? It will cost me 10 K less considering the fact that it is already there in the lot. Plat silver has a matt finish/beigish hue to the silver and IMO will go well with the red.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go Turbo S plus PTS. I love the fact that no one else has a Turbo S like mine. Not to be noticed but just a great feeling knowing that I have a one of a kind in a world of many. If you get 5% off your doing better than I did but I did order mine the first day you could order a Turbo S My wife said my car was my 50 th Bday present. So wow you gets yours for your #40. Tell her she has ten years to come up with a better 50 th
Old 03-31-2011, 01:54 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Still negotiating ... yes MG/carrera red is a gorgeous combo but unless I get a custom build, that combo is not available. Plat silver/red also looks good to me ... don't you think ? It will cost me 10 K less considering the fact that it is already there in the lot. Plat silver has a matt finish/beigish hue to the silver and IMO will go well with the red.
Absolutely, silver and red is also great. its an original p-car color combo... Recall the first model boxter? Sorry I misread your post. I thought that they were not giving you a good deal on the silver / red I just realized that it is a BETTER than the other deal.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

PTS

Factory Delivery.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:47 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

"My wife wants me to have the ultimate 40th B'day gift: A 911 Turbo" - is she buying it for you or just allowing you to get one by trading in your car? If she is paying for the whole thing, then it is a great gift, otherwise no big deal.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:37 PM
ELMEL
Instructor

Threadcrapper.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:40 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Thank you for all the responses guys. After much of the endless mental debate, I've decided that for now I am going to enjoy my current 911s (the C4s and 3.2). The 63K delta that I am looking at for the trade in of my pristine 11K mile C4S for this car http://colorado-springs.porschedeale...24598/info.php or a 72K delta for a custom order TTS or TT is by no means a fiscally sound decision. Thank you for all the replies. I don't think I will regret this decision....or will I
Old 04-04-2011, 09:19 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Just to reflect my thoughts: 15 months ago I had never driven a Porsche, now I have three fantastic cars one classic, one PDK all weather high performance car with all the right performance/suspension options and a family hauler loaded with all the acronyms one would want (PASM, AS, PDCC, PTV) for a "large 911 feel". I thought that it is high time that I took a step back, slowed down and enjoy what I have and save the 60K for tires, twice a year oil changes, insurance, fuel etc. My C4S had a MSRP of 126K ( over that I spent some big $$ to wrap the entire car in paint protection film) and now I was offered 80 K for the trade in. I have never driven a turbo, but I think I would regret my decision of just flushing $$$ down the drain. trust me I do a lot of reasearch before buying a particular model. I did do a lot of ground work for the TT/TTS but this time (for the first time) did not pull the trigger. I still love my C4S and am not ready to part with it. I decided to stay with three great cars and held off on a supercar. Once again thank you for all the input.
Attached Images    

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 04-05-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:47 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 24 Posts

Just to reflect my thoughts: 15 months ago I had never driven a Porsche, now I have three fantastic cars one classic, one PDK all weather high performance car with all the right performance/suspension options and a family hauler loaded with all the acronyms one would want (PASM, AS, PDCC, PTV) for a "large 911 feel". I thought that it is high time that I took a step back, slowed down and enjoy what I have and save the 60K for tires, twice a year oil changes, insurance, fuel etc. My C4S had a MSRP of 126K ( over that I spent some big $$ to wrap the entire car in paint protection film) and now I was offered 80 K for the trade in. I have never driven a turbo, but I think I would regret my decision of just flushing $$$ down the drain. trust me I do a lot of reasearch before buying a particular model. I did do a lot of ground work for the TT/TTS but this time (for the first time) did not pull the trigger. I still love my C4S and am not ready to part with it. I decided to stay with three great cars and held off on a supercar. Once again thank you for all the input.
You are not in a bad place. i went through the "i want a turbo thing" and arrived at the same conclusion. Turbos are great but you still are in a 911 and that's not such a bad thing. Now all of this is subject to change
Old 04-05-2011, 08:19 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Give it time and eventually you will wind up in a Turbo... whether its in a year or in two it doesnt matter. What I try to pass on to friends who are going through similar go-no go decisions is that perhaps you should have looked at a Turbo before the C4S... Pay 30k more up front, and save 30k of depreciation right now... If you have the bug, and you seem like you do, like most of us here, you will eventually pay for the lesson, and trade up. Why not do it from the onset?

Having said that, I bought a C4s, when the price differential was in the 70k euro range. That was too much and out of my reach. Then I sold it because I changed my line of work, as a defensive move. And then the crisis hit and I found a Turbo for the price I sold the C4S plus 10 grand. That was too good a deal to pass up. My lesson learnt was selling the Cayenne at a 50k euro depreciation curve 2 years after I had bought it... You see I can understand depreciation on the 911, as I get utility and amortize its usage. But for the pig which was a school bus which I drove once in a blue moon it was too much.

Oh well. Your line of thinking is very crisp and clear. Walk away, enjoy your cars, and trade them both in in two years for a turbo and a crap SUV :-)

Notice I didnt mention the 911. That satys... and a gorgeous one it is.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:45 AM
ELMEL
Instructor

I have never driven a turbo...
And if you want to keep your money in the bank, then don't. Once you drive a Turbo, you won't be able to stop coveting one. That's what happened to me. They're AMAZING cars. The torque is absolutely intoxicating. And highly addictive. And because of the awd, it's very usable.

I've had mine for four years, and it still puts permagrin on my face every single day. It's my daily driver, and I don't regret it for a second. You only live once (I think).
Old 04-10-2011, 01:41 AM
N8te
Cruisin'

Default PLEASE CALL MY WIFE

Hello my turbo section friends. This is my first post in this section of RL and what a fabulous reason to do so. Knowing my disease of Porschitis, my wife wants me to have the ultimate 40th B'day gift: A 911 Turbo.
I am turning 40 on April 27. I think I am getting a cake. Please have your wife call my wife ASAP!!! Thanks.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 925 Likes on 559 Posts

You are young enough to put it off, if it does not make financial sense. I was 44 before I bought my first Porsche - a 26K mile '87 3.2 Cab.

By the time you are 50 you will have saved so much that you can then buy something that does not make financial sense and feel good about it.

Quick Reply: My 40th birthday gift from my wife