Jaspers Motor Werks sad story !

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 06:34 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gene-

Very nicely stated sir.

OP- GL with your TT. I'd stick to stock.

Last edited by German_Saint; 09-12-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:59 PM
Eric Malangone
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had gene jasper receive a car for me to install a new motor. $15k later he put a new blown motor in. Cops shut his place down and had to go there with the police to release the car to me. Glad to see he hasn't changed his ways at all. Only looking after his selfish behind. Any information on genes local business if his new one that hasn't been shut down would be awesome. This just really ticks me off that even after all these years he is doing horrible work still and getting payed for it.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:01 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Interesting read. The vendor certainly put up a credible response and offered credible advice on where to go as well so it's a hard call to say who holds the upper hand on this one.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:10 PM
turbolou
Instructor

This story is representative of what I tried to prevent with my post. I feel fortunate after reading this getting away that cheap. Anymore doubters out there !

Any help would be great. I had gene jasper screw me over a few years ago when I was 19 for 15k. The only money my dead left me when he died was to go into my car to always remember him by. Gene took all my dead left me and strung me on for over a year. End result with a blown motor and cops to jasper performance to pull my car out of his shop after it had been shut down. My name is Eric, I just fought cancer for a year and won. My dad died from cancer. Made me sad to remember gene when I got cancer for stealing my dads money. Sickens me to see him still hurting people anyway he can. Any info would be awesome so gene jasper and I could sit down in his office or his jail cell and give him my 2cents. 949-233-1947 malangone85@gmail.com

Last edited by turbolou; 07-27-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:18 PM
Eric Malangone
3rd Gear

It exactly what I did. I was 19 years old and he kept talking everything up. We are getting you in super street for a mag cover. Doing the build on your car in the mag. Made me believe for over a year all this was happening. The whole time showing of his D1 supra that had brand new parts on it every month. Come to find out he used my money to build his supra.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:21 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah well you got to hand it to the guy he sure put up a strong argument, but as the saying goes "BS may get you in the front door but it won't keep you there forever". I can sure apply that statement to a few things i've seen on these forums lol. But sadly certain folks just have an insatiable appetite for it which is generally what these sharletons prey on....and survive on. Main thing is you got a good tune in now. Todd K is a true genius in the tuning industry.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Eric Malangone
3rd Gear

Gene it would be nice to hear from you about this. Also to let people know how professional he is. A camera I left in the car and got developed when the car was returned had him and his homeboy crew flipping off the camera, then mooning the camera, then a few of there tiny male front parts. Perfectly with gene in the background next to his Chevy diesel pickup and baby huskie.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:59 PM
turbofever
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reviving an old thread

Gene is a total con man!

he sent me $2500 of broken parts

he went as far as saying he didn't have money to eat if I didn't cover the shipping costs so being a good person I sent him extra money.

I am so sick of the back and forth with him on this - at this point in life you get what's coming to you.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:27 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thankfully I have an evomotorsport tune... they seem to have credibility and no known issues so far after almost 20k miles.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:35 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by turbofever
Reviving an old thread

Gene is a total con man!

he went as far as saying he didn't have money to eat if I didn't cover the shipping costs so being a good person I sent him extra money.

I am so sick of the back and forth with him on this - at this point in life you get what's coming to you.
Crap, what did you buy from him.
Good luck
C
Old 05-18-2015, 08:22 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Crap, what did you buy from him.
Good luck
C
An even more important question for turbofever - why did you buy from him?
Old 05-18-2015, 08:23 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Reviving an old thread

Gene is a total con man!

What a lowlife. He sounds like a total c@nt.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:59 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow he gave a great response. I completely doubted the OP after that response. Yea, turbo fever why did you buy from him?

I really don't get why people buy from sketchy vendors when there are proven vendors out there like bbi, sharkwerks, TPC, champion, etc.... This car is too expensive to take chances and cut corners.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:33 AM
turbofever
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jem7v
Wow he gave a great response. I completely doubted the OP after that response. Yea, turbo fever why did you buy from him?

I really don't get why people buy from sketchy vendors when there are proven vendors out there like bbi, sharkwerks, TPC, champion, etc.... This car is too expensive to take chances and cut corners.
i found the parts on the los angeles craigslist..... yes throw rocks at me now! haha

we spoke on the phone and he knew his stuff, i had never heard of his shop or name.

i have since sold the turbos and was completely transparent with the buyer.

the inlet for the turbos was cracked, the flywheel he sent me he said was new.. it was used. the oil pump he sent me is missing parts.

i am moving on, i don't have time for Gene's games anymore.

he has been trying to sell me rods, i looked up the part numbers against what he pictures and they are not even for a porsche

Here is the final word - Gene has not been on rennlist for years and has one post. he is active on 6speed.

that said, i am done with the whole situation and moving on -
Old 05-19-2015, 02:24 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i found the parts on the los angeles craigslist..... yes throw rocks at me now! haha

we spoke on the phone and he knew his stuff, i had never heard of his shop or name.

i have since sold the turbos and was completely transparent with the buyer.

the inlet for the turbos was cracked, the flywheel he sent me he said was new.. it was used. the oil pump he sent me is missing parts.

i am moving on, i don't have time for Gene's games anymore.

he has been trying to sell me rods, i looked up the part numbers against what he pictures and they are not even for a porsche

Here is the final word - Gene has not been on rennlist for years and has one post. he is active on 6speed.

that said, i am done with the whole situation and moving on -
yikes sorry to hear. I can only imagine the frustration. I freak out over much less. I hope this sticks around and helps future customers shopping for mods

Quick Reply: Jaspers Motor Werks sad story !