malmasri
Rennlist Member

a GT3RS.......just do it, you will never look back
Old 01-11-2011 | 12:10 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by B-Line
Wow, I really took a beating on this vehicle. Guess that's what you get for buying a brand new Porsche Turbo, launch car the month it came out.

The good news is, at least I didn't pay a premium.

I don't know why I've become bored of it. Maybe it's cause I feel as though I'm always having to "hold back" while I'm driving it. I've had my 993 for 10+ years and I've never really given serious thought to selling it.

I also think, somewhere in the back of my head, I might just enjoy a 2007 GT3RS in some wild color!

I figure, it sucks to sell low but since I can also buy low (weren't those cars fetching a $50,000 premium?) and now are within a stones throw of turbo pricing!

Thoughts?
to fix the prob.
keep buying new p cars.
get kicked in the ball everytime.
then you will get used to it.
Old 01-11-2011 | 01:07 AM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by malmasri
a GT3RS.......just do it, you will never look back
I agree... there is your answer.. you will not get bored with the RS because it makes all the right noises and is just a blast to drive. Turbo for an RS no brainer...just do it!!
Old 01-11-2011 | 10:29 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by malmasri
Not certain that the less desirable 996 can be used to value the more desirable 997....(not discussing performance here)..
I can see no reason why the 997 Turbo would depreciate any differently from a 996 Turbo, at least based on design and production numbers.

If I have overlooked something whereby a 997 Turbo is more desireable than a 996 Turbo (aside from age/miles), I would be interested in learning what I overlooked.

I can see neither model ever achieving what is currently seen in the 993 Turbo (S) models today, but again I could be wrong.
Old 01-11-2011 | 10:10 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
I can see no reason why the 997 Turbo would depreciate any differently from a 996 Turbo, at least based on design and production numbers.

If I have overlooked something whereby a 997 Turbo is more desireable than a 996 Turbo (aside from age/miles), I would be interested in learning what I overlooked.

I can see neither model ever achieving what is currently seen in the 993 Turbo (S) models today, but again I could be wrong.
I can see why it would be more desireable (aside from age/miles). Porsche went back to the winning formula... a car that looked closer to the older models inside and out. I don't think it will have the same curve as the 993 Turbo or Turbo S, but I can see a 2009 997TT (I believe that is the last of the 997TT with the older blocks, even if updated a bit) holding a little bit better value... imho of course, but what the heck do I know... I hope I am wrong so I can get one cheap

But I would still pick a GT3 RS over the TT purely on road/car feel...
Old 01-12-2011 | 09:06 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc

Round Headlights...
Old 01-12-2011 | 09:09 AM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc

The look of a 996 will always make it less desireable than the 997, just like the 993 will always be more desired over the 964, that is what I personally feel like many,and constantly hear from dealers that are well involved in Porsche sales as well.
Old 01-12-2011 | 09:12 AM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wachuko
I can see why it would be more desireable (aside from age/miles). Porsche went back to the winning formula... a car that looked closer to the older models inside and out. I don't think it will have the same curve as the 993 Turbo or Turbo S, but I can see a 2009 997TT (I believe that is the last of the 997TT with the older blocks, even if updated a bit) holding a little bit better value... imho of course, but what the heck do I know... I hope I am wrong so I can get one cheap

But I would still pick a GT3 RS over the TT purely on road/car feel...
+1 on the 2009 TT being the last of the GT1 block...I spent a lonmg time looking for mine and jumped on it as soon as it became available even though it was the end of summer here,

Quick Reply: What's my Turbo worth?