Sponsored by:

Engine code 2279 thrown up at DE

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 08:58 PM
mavthenav
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine code 2279 thrown up at DE

Hey guys, got a student at this weekends DE with an engine code 2279 thrown in his last session. It's a 997 turbo.

So far I've seen info online to say the injectors but that was for a generic car code

Cheers
Sean
Old 12-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by mavthenav
Hey guys, got a student at this weekends DE with an engine code 2279 thrown in his last session. It's a 997 turbo.

So far I've seen info online to say the injectors but that was for a generic car code

Cheers
Sean
My research suggests this error points to an air intake leak. However, I don't have the 997 OBDII references to confirm this.

Any other symptoms before during or after the check engine light came on?

My 997 knowledge is limited but with the older models a cracked oil filler tube, leaking oil filler tube cap, or an AOS are possible sources of an intake air leak.

Of course, an intake leak could arise at any place in the intake system that suffers some seal or gasket problem but generally once beyond a certain point in time/miles of usage an engine that has a good intake system keeps a good intake system.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:01 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Check the boost hoses too, not unusual to pop loose at the track. Car running good otherwise? Have you hooked up a code reader?
Old 12-06-2010, 11:51 PM
mavthenav
Racer

Unfotunately it wasn't my car. we had the car put on the lift of one of the mechanics at the course and he couldn't find anything of an issue by poking around. I was out on track so I didn't get to ask much, by the time I got back the student was gone home for the day obviously not wanting to take any risks with his baby.....

Thanks for the info guys, I'll post a follow up in Feb if he comes back I'll ask him what the dealer found. He did say he had just had a service so I'm thinking something wasn't quite tight enough and with him GUNNING it along the straight like a kid in a candy store he's worked something loose.

Cheers
sean
Old 05-26-2012, 10:56 AM
hptom
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had the same problem with my 997 turbo ....and at a auto cross event. Noticeably lost boost. Everything else was fine. No check engine light.. Went to dealer since car is still uder warranty. They found the 2279 air intake leak code.. Tightened up all intake boots, throttle body and left and right manifold plenums. Cleared all codes and returned the car to me. I will be taking it out soon and see if everything is good.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:13 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Vacuum line to the FPR has a habit of blowing off on these cars, so make sure that it is tightly secured. It will cause a vacuum leak and loss of power.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:37 PM
renntech36
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am having the same problem and have spent the last week trying to diagnose. Any ideas guys?@porschedoc, how can I get to that line on a 997tt?

Quick Reply: Engine code 2279 thrown up at DE