Sponsored by:

Getting ready to order a Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 04:23 AM
john0719
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting ready to order a Turbo S

Are there any options which are a must? And any options to avoid? Thanks for any input in advance.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:26 AM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Base model has all you need...anything else is just froth
Old 09-15-2010, 05:51 PM
ra34
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Make sure you get the paddle shift wheel which is included in the base model. Heated seats are nice. I like the adaptive sports seats but our car has the comfort seats. Unless you are over 200 lbs or have very broad shoulders I would get the standard seats. Only get the expensive colors if you really love them...

Xm can't be added later according to my dealer, so get that if you want it.

make sure you have the ability/tools to be able to deal with the center lock wheels.

If you are in Philly as per your signature I may have a few leads on cars for you and you might get a good deal where we purchased our car. PM me for more info.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by john0719
Are there any options which are a must? And any options to avoid? Thanks for any input in advance.
I add quite a bit of carbon fiber but that was what I wanted. I went with comfort seat due to Cab and hot Memphis summers. Rest was just my taste as stated car is pretty much loaded. I think I ended up with 20k in extras but this will most likely be my last build on a sports car. I did not want to say damn I wish I would have added that to. Since my paint will be PTS I will never see a copy of my car ever. That meant something to me. Not to show off I just wanted a unique Porsche

Congrats but what did you order?
Old 09-15-2010, 11:11 PM
john0719
Racer

Originally Posted by ra34
Make sure you get the paddle shift wheel which is included in the base model. Heated seats are nice. I like the adaptive sports seats but our car has the comfort seats. Unless you are over 200 lbs or have very broad shoulders I would get the standard seats. Only get the expensive colors if you really love them...

Xm can't be added later according to my dealer, so get that if you want it.

make sure you have the ability/tools to be able to deal with the center lock wheels.

If you are in Philly as per your signature I may have a few leads on cars for you and you might get a good deal where we purchased our car. PM me for more info.
Sorry, I'm currently in Taipei, not Philly. The car will be purchased locally in Taipei. Thanks anyway.

About the seats, I'm leaning towards the sports bucket seats. Is it offered in the US market?

Also, what's XM? Thanks.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:14 PM
john0719
Racer

Originally Posted by Gj325
Since my paint will be PTS I will never see a copy of my car ever. That meant something to me. Not to show off I just wanted a unique Porsche
NICE........
Old 09-16-2010, 02:10 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,743 Likes on 2,352 Posts

TT in taipei.... you must run the police dept, you will exceed speed limit in REVERSE gear and wipe out all the motorcycle suicidal riders ;-0

get the sport bucket seat.
paddle shift.
XM is basically cable radio. dont think we have it in taipei.
CF will peel in taipei heat.
sport exhaust if it is offered. you might as offend everyone ;-)
Old 09-16-2010, 06:06 AM
john0719
Racer

Originally Posted by mooty
TT in taipei.... you must run the police dept, you will exceed speed limit in REVERSE gear and wipe out all the motorcycle suicidal riders ;-0
ROFLMAO
Old 09-16-2010, 12:52 PM
ra34
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, XM is satellite radio. I don't think anybody needs it...

Good luck with the order sheet.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:09 PM
mhh
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

With no multi-function steering wheel, the Voice Control is handy and not expensive.

My other options were carbon fibre door sills, garage door opener, heated seats and leather rear console.

The standard Adaptive Sports Seats are excellent and much more comfortable than the regular seats in my old Carrera S.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:30 AM
john0719
Racer

Ok, so I have a November build confirmation from the dealer the other day. Here's what I ordered for my 2011 Turbo S.

Basalt Black Metallic
Two tone interior (black and titanium blue)
Park assist
Electric sunroof
Sports bucket seats
Speed Yellow seat belts
3 spoke multi-function steering wheel
Universal Audio Interface

Like some mentioned above, the car is pretty much loaded and therefore not much else is needed. However, I really wanted the carbon fiber package but it had to be ordered with heated seats and steering wheel which would be insane to have here in tropical Taipei and more importantly it couldn't be ordered with the sports bucket seat. oh well........
Old 09-30-2010, 01:55 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 925 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
CF will peel in taipei heat.
and California. At 40K my passenger side piece that sits flat facing up to the sun at the bottom of the windshield, peeled.

Dealer replaced it no questions, but I am wondering if the driver side piece will peel just before or just after warranty expires. The part is around $800.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by john0719
Sorry, I'm currently in Taipei, not Philly. The car will be purchased locally in Taipei. Thanks anyway.

About the seats, I'm leaning towards the sports bucket seats. Is it offered in the US market?

Also, what's XM? Thanks.
Crap are you going to be spending Taipei prices too?

Wouldn't they ding you on an import fee if you bought the car in the US and tried to take it into the country?

And only $20K on add ons? I was trying to keep the 2010 TT under $170K total at the LA autoshow last year; non S model even!
Old 09-30-2010, 11:39 PM
john0719
Racer

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Crap are you going to be spending Taipei prices too?
Unfortunately yes.

Wouldn't they ding you on an import fee if you bought the car in the US and tried to take it into the country?
Yup, something like 50~80% so you wound up paying almost the same price. Like many others here, just don't want to go through all the hassel of importing it myself from the US.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:17 AM
prg
Pro

When I ordered my turbo S in March, I was told multifunction wheel was only available with the old style shift buttons, not with paddles. If you want the paddles, you might want to confirm with the dealer that you can have paddles with the multifunction wheel.

I don't know how hot it is in Taipei, but you might want to consider the ventilated seats. Seat ventilation is only available with the standard seat, but it was worth giving up the adaptive seats to have a sweat free back on a hot day.

Quick Reply: Getting ready to order a Turbo S