Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving the new PDK in Sport Plus Mode.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 10:43 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i would love kickdown on Turbo S.. or S for that matter.. i pulled on a fellow member hard one day and he was surprised (me in non S pdk, him in S pdk) then i noted to him later about kickdown and he tried it and came back amazed.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:21 PM
flash1034
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even though the PDK is quicker, Id still rather have a good ol 6 speed. I like to drive the car, not the other way around.

Flash
Old 10-20-2010, 05:58 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by flash1034
Even though the PDK is quicker, Id still rather have a good ol 6 speed. I like to drive the car, not the other way around.

Flash
Hey I understand what you are saying. Believe me if the manual could perform like the PDK with all of the new technology I would have gotten a 6 speed. I just wanted to have the new technology with the sport chrono options. And let me tell you. With the car in sport plus mode and in the kick down position you better be driving the car and not the other way around or trouble will be on the horizon. Again it's only a matter of preference. The six speed and Porsche will always have that inseparable nostalgia. But the PDK and DFI, along with sport chrono, offer a new level of excitement for Porsche enjoyment.

Jay
Old 10-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

What exactly do you guys mean by the kick-down feature? Isn't that when the transmission drops down a few gears with aggressive throttle input or is it something else in the turbo S?
Old 10-20-2010, 08:34 PM
prg
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flash1034

Flash
The first instantaneous PDK shift without loss of boost may change your mind. A six speed isn't as much a performance sacrifice in a NA car as it is in a turbo'd car. You only have turbo lag once in the PDK, not with every upshift. I enjoy a 3 pedal car, but I wouldn't get a turbo with one. (I understand and appreciate your preference, but have a different opinion.)
Old 10-21-2010, 06:07 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Riz
What exactly do you guys mean by the kick-down feature? Isn't that when the transmission drops down a few gears with aggressive throttle input or is it something else in the turbo S?
To initiate the overboost function you have to have the car in sport mode or the sport plus position. You then push the accelerator all the way to the floor to activate overboost and the max torque 516 lb/ft. It's an unbelievabe feeling. One that you can not experience with a 6 speed. Test drive a PDK to experience this new technology.

Jay
Old 11-07-2010, 07:15 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

One more thing about PDK: curving at 260 Km/hr, I prefer not to take my hand off the steering wheel.

Quick Reply: Driving the new PDK in Sport Plus Mode.