Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Home Link problems.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:22 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
Anyone have any suggestions when the car just won't learn the remote? I've tried several times. I called my friend who is the service manager at the local dealer and he suggested opening the front trunk. Still no foglight flash...
Assume you are following the Homelink instructions as posted in their website - if so make sure when you go to the front of the car to pair the remote that you use a full size remote (not the mini) with fresh batteries.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:05 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

My door opener only came with one size remote. They've fresh batteries, and I'm holding it 2 inches from the Homelink module with the front trunk open...
Old 11-13-2014, 09:58 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

My door opener only came with one size remote. They've fresh batteries, and I'm holding it 2 inches from the Homelink module with the front trunk open...
Did you also set the "learn" button on the opener at the same time? I just did this yesterday after I needed to clear the memory in all my openers for another reason.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:33 AM
Dstutler
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJ23
Finally took the time to really try and program my home link today. And yes it finally worked. For those who are still having an issue here is how I finally accomplished it. 1.) Clear any codes by pressig the outer 1 and 3 buttons simultaneously until the diode (to the right) starts to flash quickly. 2.) Then press the desired button you want to program until the diode begins to flash slowly. 3.) Hold tansmitter approx. 12 inches in front of bumper and press transmit button on remote until the daytime driving lights flash 3 times. 4.) Now press the "learn" button on the motor box of your garage door opener. A red indicator light will flash on the box. I had to use a ladder to do this and park my car just in front of the garage so that it would pick up the signal. Once the red learning light flashes get back in your car and push the same button that you are programing repeatedly until the garage door responds to the programmed button. I had to push my program button 4 times to learn the code, and have the garage door respond to the new signal. That was it. You will know if you have a "learn" button on your motor box. Most motor boxes that have a little wire hanging down from them are learn, applicable boxes. For those who have had a difficult time programming home link, try this. If it sitll doesn't work then call Home Link themselves to assist you. They have a 800 number on the internet to call. Jay
Having similar problems - I have two doors and when I push the button - both go up and down. I think it's the clear process. I also have NEVER gotten the three light flashes....and I haven't tried step #4 above. Thanks for sharing - I'll try this.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:02 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Are you guys saying that I need to hit the learn button on the opener BEFORE the car learns the code and flashes the fog lights 3 times? I cant get the fogs to flash...
Old 11-16-2014, 01:18 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Are you guys saying that I need to hit the learn button on the opener BEFORE the car learns the code and flashes the fog lights 3 times? I cant get the fogs to flash...
No - get the 3 flashes following owner's manual instructions (first 3 steps under fixed code instructions) THEN move over to the rolling code instructions and follow those steps.

Also, have you tried varying the distances between remote and front bumper - I think you said you were 2 inches away and even had the hood open - maybe try a little further back - book says 0 to 12 inches...and hold the remote button until the lights flash - should work but can be very frustrating.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Mystery solved. I have a new garage door opener with the Internet connectivity. Apparently, I need a repeater as the new remotes are a different frequency than older versions of homelink support. My door opener is only compatible with Homelink 4.0 and above...
http://site.garageintel.com/LiftMast...822.1416163384

My door opener won't work with any of my 4 cars Homelink systems...
Old 11-24-2014, 09:19 PM
jazz997tt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks so much. This thread helped.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:08 PM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

Received 138 Likes on 104 Posts

Thank you for the link. My 2008 TT would not work as well until I did you :extra step "learn" on my garage door motor unit. All is good!
Old 04-10-2015, 03:32 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Thank you DJ23 !
Old 04-10-2015, 05:16 PM
eviligloo
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 73 Posts

Likewise i'd love to say thank you. I subscribed to this thread awhile back and used it 2 weeks ago to finally set up everything. Forgot to bump it up for the benefit of others.

The instructions in the Porsche owners manual weren't very good. This was a HUGE help.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,224 Likes on 771 Posts

I just ordered two LiftMaster wall mount garage door openers. I've already ordered the repeaters because the garage door company told me that I'd need them.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:02 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

I can't believe that after 5 years this thread is still working and solving problems.

Jay
Old 04-11-2015, 10:46 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh yes, I used it again today!
Old 07-20-2015, 10:14 PM
Greg Lab
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thanks Jay

After a couple of days of thrashing around with the Porsche manual, no luck, was about to give up and go with the "clicker", when I came across Jay's post. I followed his instructions to the letter, and Presto! It works!!!

The only thing I would say is, I had to press my program button 7 times (Jay was 4) to get it to take.

The coup de grace was after I got it to work, I went to close the door one final time and it came down halfway and quit... The motor was so damn hot from all the work

Anyway, when approaching this task, you really need to be in a patient mood, and recognize there could be some frustrating set backs, just take another hit off the can of club soda and carry on

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Home Link problems.