Sponsored by:

Painted side skirts and spoiler lip?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:30 PM
sparkhill
Burning Brakes

Received 499 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by gmaier
Do you replace the lip, yourself? If so, how easy is it to just slap on?
It is literally a 5 minute job. Remove two screws and pull the lip off (there are several little plastic tabs that hold the lip on).
Old 02-04-2010, 02:13 PM
gmaier
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked it up, last night! As hoped, white really looks spectacular on a TT, especially with the deviated black Spyder wheels. As per the origin of this thread, I did have the side skirts painted, but opted to hold off on the spoiler lip, at least until I could get a good look at it, in person. The lower rear valance, too, looks like a potential candidate for painting.

I haven't really had an opportunity to put her through her paces, quite yet, but the uptick in power from my C4S is definitely noticable. The clutch is significantly lighter, too, which took some getting used to as I pulled her out of the dealer's lot, especially when shifting from 1st to 2nd. Nonetheless, I'm pleased I stuck with the 6-speed, despite my earlier flirtations with the PDK: I definitely understand the draw of PDK, but for an old-school guy like me, rowing the gears just feels so much more engaging.

Anyway, drove her during my commute, this morning, and received more than a few thumbs-up gestures (at least, that's what I think they were gesturing!) from other drivers. Needless to say, I'm ecstatic!

GM
Old 02-04-2010, 02:27 PM
sparkhill
Burning Brakes

Received 499 Likes on 301 Posts

Congratulations!

Quick Reply: Painted side skirts and spoiler lip?