Sponsored by:

2010 TT Pricing - ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
You do make a valid argument when you compare the TT to other supercars. And true to form no other car out there in the price and performance range will touch the Porsche. I just want to see what the total cost to make the 997.2 TT is out the door after you tack on the cost of R&D. Would like to see what the Markup is at the end of the day.

On that same note would like to know what the markup is on the Lambos, Ferraris and others including big automakers like Chevy for the Vette, ZR1 of course and the Nissan Skyline, wait I mean GTR?

Do Ferraris, Lambo and Porsches have similar Markups? Something inside me tells me that the Porsche isn't marking up their offerings as much as others. THough I think it is much more than what the big automakers are marking!

True, I cannot afford a brand new out the door 997.2 at the moment. That is why I'm always mulling over getting a used 997.1. But my woman wants me to get a new one. Truthfully I don't want to take the hit in depreciation; when I know I can take that difference get her that Panamera we test drove. The 4S not the Turbo on that one.
I had similar logic only in reverse in I am a little more romantic with the purchase of a Supercar. Figured I would buy new 911 TT thinking it would be a 10 year + car for me.....then waiting to pick-up a Panamera 4S with a bit of mileage in a year from now with someone else getting killed on depreciation.....that unit becoming a 36 month lease drive and return......
Old 11-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
That is why I'm always mulling over getting a used 997.1.
If you shop around, you'll still find '09 Carreras and discounting that makes the 997.1 potentially more expensive (in terms of depreciation and total cost of ownership.) Of course, with that sort of budget (say $70K) you should just get a 996 GT3, it's the better 911, it won't depreciate much if at all from current $50K +/- and you save a lot of money! : ) Get a lease at the dealer tier 1 buy rate and a new 997.2 Carrera S w/PDK and Chrono should be within a hundred bucks or so per month (napkin math.)

Or you could try to "scalp" a 997.1 GT3 around $80K if you try hard enough and get lucky. Personally, I wouldn't bother buying a 997 Carrera without PDK and Sport Chrono Plus.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

We sold a couple of of coming 2010 Turbo's at a price below MRSP. I think we have one left due in Jan unsold so they're out there and some dealers will discount
Old 11-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Trader220
We sold a couple of of coming 2010 Turbo's at a price below MRSP. I think we have one left due in Jan unsold so they're out there and some dealers will discount
Nobody likes to pay M.S.R.P...nobody. Could I ask you your opinion Trader...what would be a fair deal where the buyer gets a good deal and the dealer is happy to sell a car...M.S.R.P less (? %).

Could you share some of your insight to the supply and demand thinking of the new Turbo?
Old 11-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

There is limited supply at best and there still seems to be good demand. Each dealer really only got a tiny handful of build slots and most all of them were sold long ago at MSRP. You'd be surprised how many people will gladly pay MSRP and get the first one they can knowing there wont be a lot around.

Personally I think that anyone who got less than MSRP on a 2010 turbo got a darn good deal. Like I said we have one unclaimed turbo coupe coming in, its already slated with options which cant be changed at this point. We have had a number people offer to split the markup between invoice and msrp, no one here is in a rush to do a deal like that. I am sure we would discount it a bit but there is no need to sell one of the handful of 2010 turbo's we're getting a much of a discount. Its still a business and since we liquidated so many 2009 911's for very little to no profit they need to make a buck somewhere on the sales side.

Quick Reply: 2010 TT Pricing - ?