Sponsored by:

2010 TT Pricing - ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts
Default 2010 TT Pricing - ?

All..curious if anyone has heard of any dealer(s) offering discounts on new 2010 TT's as yet. Not sure of the rationale given the novelty in the market yet and what the latest strategy is on alotment and production slots for dealers - I would like to know if any of the guys got some incentives to move forward given the (still) reality of the NA economy. I am reading on some of these threads crazy pricing on 09's with glove box money et al...

I had ordered a car and the dealer now in my opinion, just starting to play games, and now re-thinking of a new 09 - or even 08 with low mileage -rather than a 2010..? My biggest obstacle is when you start paying that kind of money for a used car (08) or in the case of an (09) a soon to be 1 year old car - do you just suck it up and order the blasted thing. PDK would be my only concern as it is an option very desirable to our family and the one thing pushing me to pull the trigger in the first place - but we both drive a stick.....
Old 10-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Don't expect much, if any, discount. This, in the eyes of the dealer, is a revision/new model, though nothing much changed other than the tail lights and the engine got weaker.

They will want full pop when they start showing up in Jan. When they don't sell, they might discount. But due to Porsche reducing production, there won't be as many as years past. Tough time for a new one.

Do what I did - find a new '09 sitting, the deals were spectacular in September.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 10-20-2009, 12:12 PM
ricster
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MSRP.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:35 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
Don't expect much, if any, discount. This, in the eyes of the dealer, is a revision/new model, though nothing much changed other than the tail lights and the engine got weaker.

They will want full pop when they start showing up in Jan. When they don't sell, they might discount. But due to Porsche reducing production, there won't be as many as years past. Tough time for a new one.

Do what I did - find a new '09 sitting, the deals were spectacular in September.
I think that those deals helped dry up the 09 turbo inventory. Whether fact or fiction, I heard that there are presently four 09 new turbo coupes in the country. Obviously there are more used 08 and 09's.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy

For the average Turbo PDK buyer, the 500hp engine will be fine. I think we're in for some "interesting" times when tooners try to dial up and fine the new limits of the internals. : )

As for price, I'm sure the "first kid on the block" status will come at a premium (probably full msrp or close to it, give or take $10K in options.)

I keep hearing of unheard of discounting, so I think the reality check will come quickly -- ordering a Turbo w/PDK today would surely attract a descent discount (I'd say $10K for starters) and a shrewd buyer might hear of another of these unheard of discounts once the Turbo is in stock and unsold.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Alex.M
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dev
I think that those deals helped dry up the 09 turbo inventory. Whether fact or fiction, I heard that there are presently four 09 new turbo coupes in the country. Obviously there are more used 08 and 09's.
When I got mine on Aug 31st, there were 10 coupes left - 5 tips and 5 6sp. Half of the cars had weird options and color combos, so there you go!
Old 10-22-2009, 08:13 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I saw one Saturday at hendirck in Charlotte...6sp coupe in gray. didn't look closely at it though...maybe Eric can help.

PS Nice avatar! How is the turbo coming along? All mods done?
Old 10-24-2009, 12:18 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdraft
All..curious if anyone has heard of any dealer(s) offering discounts on new 2010 TT's as yet. Not sure of the rationale given the novelty in the market yet and what the latest strategy is on alotment and production slots for dealers - I would like to know if any of the guys got some incentives to move forward given the (still) reality of the NA economy. I am reading on some of these threads crazy pricing on 09's with glove box money et al...

I had ordered a car and the dealer now in my opinion, just starting to play games, and now re-thinking of a new 09 - or even 08 with low mileage -rather than a 2010..? My biggest obstacle is when you start paying that kind of money for a used car (08) or in the case of an (09) a soon to be 1 year old car - do you just suck it up and order the blasted thing. PDK would be my only concern as it is an option very desirable to our family and the one thing pushing me to pull the trigger in the first place - but we both drive a stick.....

Reconciled with the dealer...Basalt Black on Black, PDK, PTV - bunch of nice options....deposit given - back in cue and on the way - March or so after they can deliver the car with the lower lip painted...
Old 10-24-2009, 09:09 AM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

congrats! I would love to hear your review of the PDK and the PTV. Now, the wait.....
Old 10-27-2009, 03:38 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MSRP == Manufacturer's Suggested Rip-Off Price
Old 10-27-2009, 04:21 AM
ford_jj
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSRP

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
MSRP== Manufacturer's Suggested Rip-Off Price
I have known a new word,thanks.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Don't get me wrong I love Porsche, but man sometimes I want to cry because of how over-priced they are!
Old 11-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Zipgun
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Don't get me wrong I love Porsche, but man sometimes I want to cry because of how over-priced they are!
Over priced?? The 997 TT is one of the most affordable "Super Cars" around.. What other cars have this much power, standard options, reliability and pretty darn good gas mileage. For under a $150k? Heck.. Base msrp's for Lambo's and Ferrari's start at $200k

I know some would say the Nissan GTR.. LOL The maintenance costs on that car would make any Porsche owner cringe.

So please don't pull the old "Porsche's are overpriced" card. Just because you can't afford one at the moment.

Don't forget this is a Porsche forum.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:47 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zipgun
Over priced?? The 997 TT is one of the most affordable "Super Cars" around.. What other cars have this much power, standard options, reliability and pretty darn good gas mileage. For under a $150k? Heck.. Base msrp's for Lambo's and Ferrari's start at $200k

I know some would say the Nissan GTR.. LOL The maintenance costs on that car would make any Porsche owner cringe.

So please don't pull the old "Porsche's are overpriced" card. Just because you can't afford one at the moment.

i have an 09 turbo, but my friend, you make a very weak argument. a gtr has a warranty, and is a hell of a car for the money. corvette z06s are available all over the place at $10000 0ff, and they are plenty fast and reliable. bmw m5, mercedes e63 amg. audi rs4. i love my turbo, but there are a bunch of other options
Old 11-02-2009, 03:31 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by Zipgun

You do make a valid argument when you compare the TT to other supercars. And true to form no other car out there in the price and performance range will touch the Porsche. I just want to see what the total cost to make the 997.2 TT is out the door after you tack on the cost of R&D. Would like to see what the Markup is at the end of the day.

On that same note would like to know what the markup is on the Lambos, Ferraris and others including big automakers like Chevy for the Vette, ZR1 of course and the Nissan Skyline, wait I mean GTR?

Do Ferraris, Lambo and Porsches have similar Markups? Something inside me tells me that the Porsche isn't marking up their offerings as much as others. THough I think it is much more than what the big automakers are marking!

True, I cannot afford a brand new out the door 997.2 at the moment. That is why I'm always mulling over getting a used 997.1. But my woman wants me to get a new one. Truthfully I don't want to take the hit in depreciation; when I know I can take that difference get her that Panamera we test drove. The 4S not the Turbo on that one.

Quick Reply: 2010 TT Pricing - ?